Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Lost request for password after waking from sleep

Lost request for password after waking from sleep
Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 19, 2008, 10:16 AM

My laptop (running 10.5.1) no longer requests the password when waking from sleep, despite the fact that the proper option in ticked in the Security control panel. PRAM zap didn't fix it. Checking and rechecking the option's box didn't help, either.

Anyone know which preference file needs to be nuked to get this back? I tried the com.apple.systempreferences.plist file, but didn't seem to help (though I didn't reboot in between). I hate randomly erasing pref files if I can help it, though.

Cadaver  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 19, 2008, 12:08 PM

Never mind - seems to have spontaneously fixed itself at some point in the last two hours. Not sure if it was a reboot or what, but seems to be working now. Go figure.

Forum Links
Forum Rules