Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Klipsch Ifi as computer speakers

Klipsch Ifi as computer speakers
vd0t
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 11, 2006, 04:09 AM

Hey,

I'm probably gonna get one of these puppies (unless somebody convinces me otherwise ). Anyways, I'm curious how they performed connected to a computer (playing off iTunes). I've heard that they don't sound as good as music playing straight off an iPod. Is this true?? (kind of odd if true though)

lightusr
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 11, 2006, 05:48 PM

I got them yesterday from Costco for $149 and I don't hear a difference between the line in or the iPod except maybe a little lower volume. I thought I heard a little bit of hiss but it was from a particular song. I'll listen to them a little more but so far I don't notice much of a difference.

It was an exceptional value at $149 and I couldn't pass it up.

vd0t  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 11, 2006, 09:29 PM

I'm planning to get them from Costco too this week. So no noticeable difference between line in and dock? good!

Oh btw, did yours come with an adapter for the iPod nano?

Thanks!

lightusr
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 11, 2006, 09:38 PM

The only odd thing was difference in volume straight from the iPod vs aux. I'll try it out tomorrow am to see if I notice any distortion or anything odd. It didn't come with a nano adapter but mine fits in fine in its case. I've got one of those aluminum cases so it's supported pretty well, I don't think I'm going to send in for one.

If you go to Klipsch's website, you can email them your serial number along with the request and they'll send you adapters for the nano, 30gb, and 60gb video.

I read somewhere that the satellites alone sell for more than $150. I'm absolutely ecstatic with it so far.

vd0t  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 12, 2006, 02:41 AM

Just to clarify, is it a little lower volume on the line in or dock connector?

Thanks again

lightusr
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 12, 2006, 08:54 AM

It's lower on the aux side (e.g., you have to turn the source's level up to an equivalent line-in level).

ael719
Forum Regular
Jun 27, 2006, 10:24 AM

BADASS! I $150 is an amazing deal and almost worth it alone for resale value on ebay :O

Thanks for the tip. I love the search feature

Hopefully this 2.1 setup is loud enough to fill my room and drain out my roommates
Retired: Dell Dimension 8200
Current: MacBook Black
Future: iMac or MacPro

Forum Links
Forum Rules