Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > opinions on my website

opinions on my website
graphics84
Senior User
Jun 30, 2003, 11:44 AM

Hello All

I'm interested in opinions on my web site...

I put it up with the intentions of self promotion. It's very simple and now I'm working on a much more indepth flash version. I wanted something simple, clean and fast.

what do you guys think?

www.angryf.com

Eyenovation
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 30, 2003, 03:25 PM

Awesome illustration work there!

Alpha-sphere
Forum Regular
Jun 30, 2003, 08:00 PM

Originally posted by graphics84:
Hello All

I'm interested in opinions on my web site...

I put it up with the intentions of self promotion. It's very simple and now I'm working on a much more indepth flash version. I wanted something simple, clean and fast.

what do you guys think?

www.angryf.com
Think you should change the font of your navigation. It isn't smooth an i personally find it sloppy.

You got a cool Top picture "banner" but you should seperate the part where the text and banner is from the part of the site wich you don't use. Something like this site www.tweakers.net
Powered by a 15" alu powerbook superdrive

graphics84  (op)
Senior User
Jun 30, 2003, 08:41 PM

Originally posted by Alpha-sphere:
Think you should change the font of your navigation. It isn't smooth an i personally find it sloppy.

You got a cool Top picture "banner" but you should seperate the part where the text and banner is from the part of the site wich you don't use. Something like this site www.tweakers.net
I like that too.. I'll think about doing that in a clean way...

it's definitly a work in progress as well as a self promotion tool.

thanks

Mac Guru
Mac Elite
Jun 30, 2003, 09:58 PM

You should rethink what you say in your intro... personally if I was looking at it as a potential client (I may be missing the intent of your site) I would read that and think, hmmm some high school kid.

If the intention of the site is for self promotion with a goal of possible work, you might try to rework the text to sound a bit more professional.

Mac Guru

gadster
Mac Elite
Jul 2, 2003, 11:12 AM

Love the illustrations.

However...
you need a stretchy bit that goes to 100% browser width on the top nav bar, and blends seamlessly into the the rightmost graphic.

The thumbs would be better if they dynamically spread out, too.

You also need to fix the type on the nav bar, it looks like its not anti-aliased (pro-aliased?) and blown out.

Furthermore, I would suggest that the nav bar graphic be static across the various sections.

But, the illos are terrific. Nice work.
e-gads

graphics84  (op)
Senior User
Jul 2, 2003, 11:15 AM

Originally posted by gadster:
Love your illustrations.

However...
you need a stretchy bit that goes to 100% browser width on the top nav bar, and blends neatly into the the rightmost graphic.

You also need to fix the type one the nav bar, it looks like its not anti-aliased and blown up.

Furthermore, I would suggest that the nav bar graphic be static across the various sections.

But, the illos are terrific.
great, thanks for the input

I've been reviewing everyones suggestions and will work on it all right after the holiday... lots of beer to drink this weekend

Happy 4th all

gadster
Mac Elite
Jul 2, 2003, 11:18 AM

Originally posted by graphics84:
great, thanks for the input

I've been reviewing everyones suggestions and will work on it all right after the holiday... lots of beer to drink this weekend

Happy 4th all
Sheesh, that was quick, see slight revisions above.
e-gads

Forum Links
Forum Rules