Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > did anyone else go to the CompUSA in San Diego sunday? there was a cute Apple rep

did anyone else go to the CompUSA in San Diego sunday? there was a cute Apple rep
graphics84
Senior User
Oct 1, 2001, 08:26 PM

just curious... I want to find out if she was there just for the 10.1 release or if she goes there often... I think I'm going to stoc.....errr visit her , heh

no really she was cute and she appeared to know how to operate a Mac... if only there where more women like that out there

I may want to much in a woman... cute, intelligent, Mac owner

Immortal K-Mart Employee
Mac Elite
Oct 1, 2001, 09:38 PM

Oh man.

{v2.3 Now Jesus free}
Religions are like farts: yours is good, the others always stink.

Ruddigger
Senior User
Oct 1, 2001, 10:33 PM

I've only been to the CompUSA in San Bernadino...
Proud owner of the Original Macintruck

MacPino
Forum Regular
Oct 2, 2001, 06:54 AM

that sounds fantastic! I just told my future girlfriend how to use smilies an hour ago.

...heaven...
proud daddy!

Cipher13
Oct 2, 2001, 07:02 AM

Eh, I wouldn't want my gf to be a computer nerd... let alone a Mac person.

graphics84  (op)
Senior User
Oct 2, 2001, 11:05 AM

you don't want your girl friend to be into computers why not? I'm not saying I want her to be an out right nerd... jut someone I can take for a romantic week to Macworld in SF.... we could stroll around the Warf and talk about the marits of Firewire networks over eithernet.... heh

god I'm a nerd...

Ruddigger
Senior User
Oct 3, 2001, 02:18 AM

It sounds like it.
Proud owner of the Original Macintruck

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 3, 2001, 02:45 AM

Wassup Rud? Where the hell have you been lately?

JeSuS JoBs
Banned
Oct 3, 2001, 05:12 AM

YA' SICK BARSTARD!!!!!!

One word my friend.....HORNDOG NET NANNY

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 3, 2001, 08:00 AM

Originally posted by graphics84:
<STRONG>no really she was cute and she appeared to know how to operate a Mac... if only there where more women like that out there
</STRONG>
There are. Plenty of them. An abundance of them.

Several obstacles might be in your way from encountering them though. Just a brief primer:

1. They tend to like guys who know a little more BEYOND just operating a Mac.

2. They tend to stay WELL clear of guys who make reference to stalking them.

3. They don't much like guys who think they are the answer to their dreams, yet who are constantly whining about how 'nice guys finish last' and all that kind of blather... women don't dislike 'nice' guys... they dislike BORING guys who are actually the flipside of the rotten scale and never realize it.

4. Bathe. Regularly.

5. Get out of the house now and then. And not just to the computer store.

6. Don't drool, make faces, stare, make untimely groping actions in her general direction, or otherwise fail to conceal the fact that you may fit her textbook stereotype of a 'nutcase'.

7. When in the first stages of communication, RESIST the urge to geek out and start spewing computer-related crap to her. Save the first 'Macs Rule, PeeCees drool' lecture for around the 6th or 7th date. By that time, there's a somewhat greater chance she *may* be able to resist the urge to RUN, as far away from you as she can get.

Immortal K-Mart Employee
Mac Elite
Oct 3, 2001, 08:12 AM

Originally posted by Cipher13:
<STRONG>Eh, I wouldn't want my gf to be a computer nerd... let alone a Mac person.</STRONG>
On the same note she might not want a computer nerd as a boyfriend.

{v2.3 Now Jesus free}
Religions are like farts: yours is good, the others always stink.

graphics84  (op)
Senior User
Oct 3, 2001, 02:24 PM

Originally posted by CRASH HARDDRIVE:
<STRONG>

1. They tend to like guys who know a little more BEYOND just operating a Mac.

2. They tend to stay WELL clear of guys who make reference to stalking them.

3. They don't much like guys who think they are the answer to their dreams, yet who are constantly whining about how 'nice guys finish last' and all that kind of blather... women don't dislike 'nice' guys... they dislike BORING guys who are actually the flipside of the rotten scale and never realize it.

4. Bathe. Regularly.

5. Get out of the house now and then. And not just to the computer store.

6. Don't drool, make faces, stare, make untimely groping actions in her general direction, or otherwise fail to conceal the fact that you may fit her textbook stereotype of a 'nutcase'.

7. When in the first stages of communication, RESIST the urge to geek out and start spewing computer-related crap to her. Save the first 'Macs Rule, PeeCees drool' lecture for around the 6th or 7th date. By that time, there's a somewhat greater chance she *may* be able to resist the urge to RUN, as far away from you as she can get.</STRONG>
*LOL*

ok ya got me...

Thanks for the info... I think I'll take all of these suggestions to heart ....

CRASH HARDDRIVE you seem to be very in touch with you feminine side... outstanding

thanks again

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 3, 2001, 02:25 PM

Originally posted by Cipher13:
<STRONG>Eh, I wouldn't want my gf to be a computer nerd... let alone a Mac person.</STRONG>
Pardon- my wife is a computer nerd- professionally a Wintel person (though she, as an applications trainer, works with Macs and Mac products as well), personally a Mac junkie... and she's smart... and funny... and hot. We did not, however, meet under a fine technology mist, bathed in the warm glow of a CRT while whispering sweet IP addresses into each other's ear. There was no packet tracing until well into our 7th year of marriage. We never even set up a firewall together until just under a year ago. RAID setups occurred only recently. We resisted the impulse to give our child an IP address instead of a name (OH! Hi! Been so long since we've seen you! Have you met our child? Loopback, come here and meet the nice people. Actually, her name is 127.0.0.1, but we call her Loopback for giggles... it's cuter, don't you think?).
ON that note, I'll second Crash's references to bathing, drooling, groping and stalking.

I'm going to pull your head off because I don't like your head.

mikellanes
Mac Elite
Sep 21, 2003, 05:54 PM

nevermind.
heh

mac-at-kearsarge
Mac Elite
Sep 21, 2003, 07:55 PM

Originally posted by maxelson:
Pardon- my wife is a computer nerd- professionally a Wintel person (though she, as an applications trainer, works with Macs and Mac products as well), personally a Mac junkie... and she's smart... and funny... and hot. We did not, however, meet under a fine technology mist, bathed in the warm glow of a CRT while whispering sweet IP addresses into each other's ear. There was no packet tracing until well into our 7th year of marriage. We never even set up a firewall together until just under a year ago. RAID setups occurred only recently. We resisted the impulse to give our child an IP address instead of a name (OH! Hi! Been so long since we've seen you! Have you met our child? Loopback, come here and meet the nice people. Actually, her name is 127.0.0.1, but we call her Loopback for giggles... it's cuter, don't you think?).
ON that note, I'll second Crash's references to bathing, drooling, groping and stalking.
ROTFLMAO.

Thank you Maxelson, this is the funniest thing I've read ina long time, and I desperatly needed it.
iGeek

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Sep 21, 2003, 08:06 PM

I love Max. Not *that* kind of love -- more like the relationship you have with a slice Muenster. No, wait. Oh, hell.

graphics84  (op)
Senior User
Sep 21, 2003, 08:30 PM

wow, that was a long time ago... totally forgot about that post...

ok, I did meet a great girl that loves her Mac...

She thought I was cute and liked that I had a titanium... pretty funny, but enough to start with

well it was OS bliss for a while but didn't last...

k, we still are friends, never found out about that MAC rep...

heh

nobitacu
Mac Elite
Sep 21, 2003, 09:07 PM

Hehehe, sweet, too bad I don't live anywhere near CA. That and for some odd reason, non of the smillies work for me. They all have a question mark in a blue box. Anyone know why?

Ming
A Proud Mac User Since: 03/24/03
Apple Computer: MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GB Memory, 120 GB HD

Link
Professional Poster
Sep 21, 2003, 09:34 PM

mmm mac lady :drool:

my g/f loves macs.
Aloha

Chips G
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 21, 2003, 09:40 PM

Why don't the smilies work? Look at the date that the original posts were posted...MacNN changed forum software that uses a different code for the smilies.
This signature is obsolete.

King Bob On The Cob
Mac Elite
Sep 21, 2003, 10:13 PM

Originally posted by mikellanes:
nevermind.
heh
*Kicks the dead horse a few more times*
IT JUST WON'T GET BACK UP!

Eug
Clinically Insane
Sep 22, 2003, 09:04 AM

Stalker

nobitacu
Mac Elite
Sep 22, 2003, 02:03 PM

Originally posted by Chris Gilpin:
Why don't the smilies work? Look at the date that the original posts were posted...MacNN changed forum software that uses a different code for the smilies.
Still doesn't work for me, any dated posts, old ones or the new ones, both doesn't work for me.

Ming
A Proud Mac User Since: 03/24/03
Apple Computer: MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GB Memory, 120 GB HD

Forum Links
Forum Rules