Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Just bought an iMac G4!

Just bought an iMac G4!
tekno_geek911
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 16, 2004, 08:05 PM

This is my 4th Mac in the past month so I hope im happy,I had 2 iBook G3's and a rev a 12" PowerBook G4 and I was a little annoyed carrying a laptop with me so I just sold my 12" PB for $1350 and took the plunge,bought a brand new 1GHz 15" iMac! I hope im happy with it

AleroLeanne
Forum Regular
Feb 16, 2004, 08:14 PM

I just wandered over from the iBook forum to read about your new iMac - hehe!

Congrats on your purchase...I'm sure you'll be pleased with it!

233mhz iMac � 1.2ghz iBook G4 � 4gig Pink iPod mini "sweet pea"

beetleboy
Forum Regular
Feb 16, 2004, 08:30 PM

Just got my 17" 1.25 Ghz iMac. Trust me, you'll like it.

Beetleboy
G4 17" iMac 1.25 Tiger
G3 Lime iMac DV 400 Tiger
G3 Snow iMac SE 700 Panther
G3 Graphite iMac DV SE 400 Panther

tekno_geek911  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 17, 2004, 01:54 AM

LOL@AleroLeanne yea I thought the screen would be too small,but I just checked it out at the Apple Store and im sure I'll love it!

DinoG4
Banned
Feb 17, 2004, 05:48 AM

Originally posted by tekno_geek911:
LOL@AleroLeanne yea I thought the screen would be too small,but I just checked it out at the Apple Store and im sure I'll love it!

Im sure you will be happy as well, but check out microcenter if you have one near you....17" 1ghz model with superdrive brand new is going for $1299!....good luck...Dino

spookykids
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 17, 2004, 12:45 PM

makes my heart all woozy to hear happy stories like this

"It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
--Emiliano Zapata

pantalaimon
Forum Regular
Feb 17, 2004, 03:46 PM

Don't worry about screen size, its definately big enough and it doesnt seem much smaller than the apple 17" CRT I used to use. I sold my 15" 1.25 GHz powerbook to get one of these (and to save a bit of money). Its a great machine, may i ask why you went through 3 laptops before deciding you didn't want one?
1.33GHz G4 iBook 12"

interfx
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 17, 2004, 07:34 PM

Is that price for your local MicroCenter or for all stores??? I checked on their website, adn still have listed for $1799...

That's a great price for a 17" iMac...

Originally posted by DinoG4:
Im sure you will be happy as well, but check out microcenter if you have one near you....17" 1ghz model with superdrive brand new is going for $1299!....good luck...Dino

DinoG4
Banned
Feb 18, 2004, 12:20 AM

Originally posted by interfx:
Is that price for your local MicroCenter or for all stores??? I checked on their website, adn still have listed for $1799...

That's a great price for a 17" iMac...

hi, the web site took it off, but the local stores have them, just do a lookup on thier web site for your closest store, you can call and order it over phone and have it shipped if you are to far, good luck...Dino. The microcenter item number is 227363

tekno_geek911  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 18, 2004, 02:20 AM

Originally posted by pantalaimon:
Don't worry about screen size, its definately big enough and it doesnt seem much smaller than the apple 17" CRT I used to use. I sold my 15" 1.25 GHz powerbook to get one of these (and to save a bit of money). Its a great machine, may i ask why you went through 3 laptops before deciding you didn't want one?
I had a 500MHz iBook G3..Wanted a better video card so I bought an 800MHz iBook and it had the Logic Board problem,sold it right before Apple offered the repair program..Then I bought a 12" PowerBook for $1050 shipped,sold that because I stopped taking it out with me and it felt a little too fragile....Also figured the iMac would be better because of the larger screen,nice looks and faster CPU...I'll probably pick up an iBook G4 in a few months for school.

tekno_geek911  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 18, 2004, 02:22 AM

Originally posted by DinoG4:

Never heard of that store,wish I would have known...Sounds like a great deal. But I also got a pretty good deal on the 15",$1100 shipped 1GHz,80gb,Airport Extreme and integrated Bluetooth
( Last edited by tekno_geek911; Feb 19, 2004 at 08:14 PM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules