Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > So how's the reception?

So how's the reception?
nate_02
Senior User
Jun 30, 2007, 11:33 PM

From experience, some phones get better reception than others on the same network. How's the iPhone reception so far?
-nate

cambie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 2, 2007, 01:55 AM

I've been pleased with the reception and call quality. I'm coming from a Moto Razr.

Since EBCDIC
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 2, 2007, 01:59 AM

I spent much of today roaming about San Francisco. I rarely found less than 5 bars. (I didn't go into the winding streets around Twin Peaks, where T-Mobile's dead zones are, but I will this coming week.)

I made a good number of calls, which were crystal-clear, much better than via T-Mobile's network on my RAZR or Treos. (I haven't tried Apple's headphones or my Motorola Bluetooth headset yet.)

So, on iDay+2, I'm thrilled.
Since EBCDIC
Using Macs since they were Lisas.

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 2, 2007, 02:53 AM

I get great reception in my home so that's about 95% better than my previous phone. Out and about I've only notice full bars. So far so good.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 3, 2007, 12:38 AM

I find that in my house, the signal drops to 1 or 2 bars if my hand is covering the bottom black plastic portion of the phone. If I grab it a little higher up to expose the bottom my signal boosts to 4 or 5 bars. The very first call I made on the phone was dropped. Since then, I haven't had any problems. I let one of my co-workers try out my phone today. She was amazed with the sound quality of the call.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

Forum Links
Forum Rules