Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Performa 6320CD

Performa 6320CD
krockls1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 17, 2001, 08:12 PM

Although I now own 2 iMacs (a rev C as well as an up to date DVSE) My old performa 6320 still sits in the corner. I'm not really sure what to do with it. It's got 120MHz 603e, 64MB Ram, an external 3.2 GIG SCSI drive (in addition to the 1.2 GIG ATA), a Jaz, scanner and a printer as well as Dual-monitor support via the original video card. I also installed a PDS 24-bit graphics card in the LCPDS slot a few years back so I could support millions of colors. Anyway, does anyone have any ideas about what I can do to revitilize this computer?

Thanks

------------------
Kevin Rock

[This message has been edited by krockls1 (edited 01-17-2001).]
Kevin Rock

jeffreyloaf
Jan 17, 2001, 11:23 PM

I own the same machine and also have the pds card, and about the same mods. The only thing I can think of is; stick a fork in it, it's done. I had thought a long time about it and finally loaned it to friend who didn't have one. It is a good machine for small children where almost any of the old games and learning tools will work good for them. Mine also sits idle in the corner now.

You can go here for upgrading info but don't hold your breath. http://performa.macland.net/

I'm even afraid to run seti on it for it will take about a month per unit.

It's my first mac and has seen a lot of use.

Jeff
In god we trust/ Cash is king /All others pay thru the nose

madsenj
Jan 18, 2001, 04:01 AM

i have an old performa myself and for $20 bucks on ebay i got a NIB tv tuner w/remote.

Chris_G
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 18, 2001, 11:46 AM

I gave my 6320 to my parents... it works great as an email and word processing terminal... just a bit slow for graphics intense web browsing (due to the architecture of the machine). Before that I used it to host a web site... worked well for that.

Cheers!
Chris

krockls1  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 18, 2001, 12:17 PM

thanks, guys. appreciate all the feedback. I'm thinking about getting a G4 733 tower real soon to compliment my iMacs, so that'll probably replace the 6320. I also have an old performa630CD (bought in 93) sitting in a cabinet. Maybe I should set up a proxy at home with all these toasters. Also, I have the apple installed TV tuner which works fine, however that LCPDS graphics card has "color problems" (maybe one of the pins didn't connect when I installed it). Either way, I can only use the TV card with the original Apple Graphics cars, does anyone know how to make the 3rd party card work with the apple TV tuner/remote?

------------------
Kevin Rock

[This message has been edited by krockls1 (edited 01-18-2001).]
Kevin Rock

Forum Links
Forum Rules