Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > if you have an old PB/iBook and want a new PowerBook, read this

if you have an old PB/iBook and want a new PowerBook, read this
PowerBub
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 14, 2002, 05:58 PM

I'm not sure if this will be a controversial post or not, but here it is:

I want one of the following:
iBook 600 or better that can play DVDs
this includes PowerBook 667s & 800s

Here is what I can offer:
I am eligible for a one-time purchase as an ADC student developer. However, I don't really need the new hardware. For price points offered (significant discount), go here:
http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObje...3.1.1.0?136,72

As you can tell, these discounts are hundreds and hundreds of dollars. I would like to buy your old iBook/PowerBook and take off part of what you would be saving, buying a new one through ADC. The idea is that I will be able to get an iBook/PowerBook at a price I could afford.

If you are interested, email sickmiller AT mac.com

Mods: If this thread is breaking some kind of rules, just go ahead an delete/lock it.
please cook my steak again
je suis american

nvaughan3
Mac Elite
Nov 14, 2002, 11:53 PM

bump for an OU student. I graduated last year.

PowerBub  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 15, 2002, 10:24 AM

what college did you graduate from? OU is great. Last night I celebrated my 21st birthday in Athens, and that was quite exciting. Too bad I am graduating in June, i love this town
je suis american

nvaughan3
Mac Elite
Nov 15, 2002, 01:29 PM

Originally posted by PowerBub:
what college did you graduate from? OU is great. Last night I celebrated my 21st birthday in Athens, and that was quite exciting. Too bad I am graduating in June, i love this town

Communications, got a degree in photojournalism. Happy birthday man, you can't get any funner than a 21st bday in athens. I miss it too, wish I could have been there for halloween. I used to live above campus sundry on union street, it was perfect for halloween.

another bump for ya!

PowerBub  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 20, 2002, 03:54 PM

A couple people have sent me emails about this. Send them again, I accidently deleted a bunch of emails in a late-night fiasco. The offer is still open. I came up with this as a guide:

Base price of what you want for the iBook / Powerbook (consider that a new refurb iBook 600 w/out Combo is $799 new from Apple)

- (minus)

50% of the difference you would save by buying using my ADC. As you can see the price points are $1949, $2373, $2543 -- this is in order from the 867 up to the 1ghz with superdrive. The retail prices with 6% tax are ...$2436, $2966, $3178. This represents difference of $487, $593, $653. So, what you would subtract from the overall formula would be 50% of the difference, being $243, $296, $326. So you would subtract one of these numbers, depending on the powerbook you chose from the asking price of the iBook/PowerBook. The % is negotiable.

=

How much I would be paying for the iBook/Powerbook

sickmiller AT ohio.edu
je suis american

Forum Links
Forum Rules