Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > iDisk Files

iDisk Files
Speckledstone
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 25, 2002, 10:08 AM

After using HomePage to build a website, I noticed my iDisk's available space shrank considerably. I searched the Sites folder, with Sherlock2 and ResEdit, and found some invisible folders. As far as I know, there is no way of getting the size of an invisible item, but I think it's safe to assume I've found the culprits. These invisible folders (.Movies, .Music, .Pictures, and .Public) each contain corresponding items to the items on my iDisk. For example, I have a picture named "image1" in the Pictures folder on my iDisk and there is also a file named "image1" in the ".Pictures" folder in the Sites folder.

It would be nice if I could get rid of these duplicates or replace them with aliases (if they are needed) to free up some space. Would an alias work in this situation? How would I put an alias into an invisible folder? Would tampering with this ruin my website?

Also (Not that important),
What the hell is the plural form of alias? (aliases, alias', aliai)

[ 04-25-2002: Message edited by: speckledstone ]

pdjr
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 25, 2002, 04:26 PM

Won't work to create aliases. If you touch the invisible files, your site won't work.

Forum Links
Forum Rules