Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Got punched in the face on the way to lunch!

Got punched in the face on the way to lunch!
gradient
Mac Elite
Jan 31, 2007, 04:00 AM

So a big WTF right here. I was walking down the street on the way to lunch with my girlfriend today and was only barely aware of some random guy walking towards us. Out of nowhere, he bumps into me and punches me twice square in the face!!!!!!

This is quite easily the most ridiculous, random act that has ever happened to me. It was a good thing, actually, that I was with my girlfriend - she just kept pulling on me to walk away, or else it could have gotten very ugly very fast.

What a ****ing prick - I'd pay cold hard cash to find out what the hell was going through that dude's head.

The crazy thing is that i hadn't even barely looked at him or anything, he just came at me out of nowhere! After I pushed him away I just starred him down and yelled "What the **** is your problem?" - he just walked backwards starring at me with this blank look. He could have just been high for all I know, I guess.

( Last edited by gradient; Jan 31, 2007 at 12:36 PM. )

bstone
Mac Elite
Jan 31, 2007, 04:06 AM

Don't rule out that he suffers from a mental illness. He may have taken you as someone who wanted to hurt him. On the ambulance I've brought hundreds and hundreds of patients to mental hospitals and been told I was everything from Satan, a dictator and evil incarnate. Many of the patients were strapped down due to their and my own safety.
Emergency Medicine & Urgent Care.

Eynstyn
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 31, 2007, 04:17 AM

That's tough, man. In this day and age that is what it boils down to. Take it and walk away like a man or respond like a child and risk getting killed, thrown in jail, sued, hospitalized or really getting an ass whipping by a maniac/druggy/loser.

It's not worth it.

But it's hard to swallow.

Take my advice, find out what the laws are in your town and if it's legal to do so carry a spray mace on your keychain and if something like that happens again spray his ass in self defense without as many of the down sides.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2007, 04:19 AM

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

Peter
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2007, 04:27 AM

haha, thats nuts.

should have dodged.
we don't have time to stop for gas

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2007, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by Eynstyn View Post
That's tough, man. In this day and age that is what it boils down to. Take it and walk away like a man or respond like a child and risk getting killed, thrown in jail, sued, hospitalized or really getting an ass whipping by a maniac/druggy/loser.

It's not worth it.

But it's hard to swallow.

Take my advice, find out what the laws are in your town and if it's legal to do so carry a spray mace on your keychain and if something like that happens again spray his ass in self defense without as many of the down sides.
Make your mind up.

A nutjob once tried to push me over the side of a Sydney Harbour ferry. Just random. None of the other commuters tried to stop him. I punched him in the guts and he left me alone and started picking on one of the spectators instead. I just laughed and waved at the spectator, who was shitting himself.

The cops were waiting for the nutjob at Circular Quay.

moonmonkey
Professional Poster
Jan 31, 2007, 05:45 AM

where did this happen?

Kevin
Baninated
Jan 31, 2007, 07:58 AM

Waaiit.. girlfriend gradient? :o

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Jan 31, 2007, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by gradient View Post
I could have just been high for all I know, I guess.
So a big WTF right here.
Err, yeah.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 31, 2007, 09:21 AM

You sure your gf didn't play a prank on you ?

Like writing "Punch me" on your forehead with lipstick ?

-t

Dakar²
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2007, 09:25 AM

Oddly enough, my first thought was fraternity hazing. (After Fight Club, that is)

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jan 31, 2007, 09:48 AM

So a big WTF right here. I was walking down the street on the way to lunch with my girlfriend today and was only barely aware of some random guy walking towards us. Out of nowhere, he bumps into me and punches me twice square in the face!!!!!!
Did you have like a Microsoft T on or something?

centerchannel68
Baninated
Jan 31, 2007, 09:54 AM

Maybe he was a cashier and he thought you had a fake ID.

RobOnTheCape
Senior User
Jan 31, 2007, 10:00 AM

I got popped on the temple about 10 years ago by two big guys. Headed back to work after the thugs chased me. The cops arrived and one of them was a friend from High School from years back. He offered to drive me to the ER for stitches (7 of them). On the way to the hospital he got a call on the radio for all cops in a vicinity to converge on a stolen car chase. He asked if I minded tagging along, I said sure. They cornered the car and got out to help in the pursuit with me by myself in the back seat. Along comes another cop and he notices me in the back, and by this time other people notice me (including my boss's daughter) and then I finally realize they are peeking in at me cause they think I'm one of the guys the cops are chasing and I got caught. The other cop opens the door, swears at me and asks what I know about the other guy. Blood is dripping down my face and I try to explain my situation and of course he's heard the "I'm not your guy "line over and over. He grabs me and says he's taking me around the corner and is gonna beat the s**t outta me. He puts cuffs on me and yanks me when thank God my friend shows up.

So I get to the ER, get stitched and the next day I'm off to Europe for a month long backpacking trip with stitches and a nasty bruises on the side of my face. They flip side was that a few Italian girls in a bar loved the stitches and bruise. Thought it all was sexy.
That day sucked huh?

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2007, 10:02 AM

When I was in Canada over Christmas we were in a mall and some kid (about 7 or 8 years old) runs right at me and takes a swing at my crotch. I dodged and he got me in the leg. He ran off afterwards. No sign of parents or anything.

centerchannel68
Baninated
Jan 31, 2007, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by RobOnTheCape View Post
I got popped on the temple about 10 years ago by two big guys. Headed back to work after the thugs chased me. The cops arrived and one of them was a friend from High School from years back. He offered to drive me to the ER for stitches (7 of them). On the way to the hospital he got a call on the radio for all cops in a vicinity to converge on a stolen car chase. He asked if I minded tagging along, I said sure. They cornered the car and got out to help in the pursuit with me by myself in the back seat. Along comes another cop and he notices me in the back, and by this time other people notice me (including my boss's daughter) and then I finally realize they are peeking in at me cause they think I'm one of the guys the cops are chasing and I got caught. The other cop opens the door, swears at me and asks what I know about the other guy. Blood is dripping down my face and I try to explain my situation and of course he's heard the "I'm not your guy "line over and over. He grabs me and says he's taking me around the corner and is gonna beat the s**t outta me. He puts cuffs on me and yanks me when thank God my friend shows up.

So I get to the ER, get stitched and the next day I'm off to Europe for a month long backpacking trip with stitches and a nasty bruises on the side of my face. They flip side was that a few Italian girls in a bar loved the stitches and bruise. Thought it all was sexy.
That day sucked huh?
I would have asked your friend for permission to beat the pig. God I hate cops. They're pretty much all corrupt, at least here in MKE.

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2007, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by RobOnTheCape View Post
On the way to the hospital he got a call on the radio for all cops in a vicinity to converge on a stolen car chase. He asked if I minded tagging along, I said sure.
Is that really the smartest thing he could have done? Taking his bloody friends to potentially dangerous crime scenes?

"She's gone from suck to blow!"

bstone
Mac Elite
Jan 31, 2007, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by centerchannel68 View Post
I would have asked your friend for permission to beat the pig. God I hate cops. They're pretty much all corrupt, at least here in MKE.
Why we trust college drop outs and ex-military people with guns and the ability to take our freedom at their own discretion is beyond me.

Cops are some of the worst people out there.
Emergency Medicine & Urgent Care.

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Jan 31, 2007, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by mdc View Post
When I was in Canada over Christmas we were in a mall and some kid (about 7 or 8 years old) runs right at me and takes a swing at my crotch. I dodged and he got me in the leg. He ran off afterwards. No sign of parents or anything.
He was just trying to stop yet another American from reproducing. Don't worry, it's what we Canadians are taught to do from a very young age

Dakar²
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2007, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by kmkkid View Post
He was just trying to stop yet another American from reproducing. Don't worry, it's what we Canadians are taught to do from a very young age
So your job is to seduce american men into turning gay? ;p

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Jan 31, 2007, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Dakar² View Post
So your job is to seduce american men into turning gay? ;p
Could be...

Dakar²
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2007, 11:16 AM

Well, its working... [/awkward]

The lengths I go to amuse you people...

gradient  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 31, 2007, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by moonmonkey View Post
where did this happen?
Vancouver, B.C.

gradient  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 31, 2007, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by wallinbl View Post
Err, yeah.
LOL - good point. I, of course, meant to say that "HE" might have been high.

keekeeree
Mac Elite
Location: Moved from Ohio's first capital to its current capital
Jan 31, 2007, 01:51 PM

Are you a cashier asking people to show their ID's? If you live in Wisconsin, I have my suspicions...

keekeeree
Mac Elite
Location: Moved from Ohio's first capital to its current capital
Jan 31, 2007, 01:52 PM

Vancouver, B.C.

Nevermind...that eliminates my suspect.

Eynstyn
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 31, 2007, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by bstone View Post
Why we trust college drop outs and ex-military people with guns and the ability to take our freedom at their own discretion is beyond me.

When there's something strange in your neighborhood, call Ghost Busters, then.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2007, 02:27 PM

I was born and grew up very far away from the United States, I've only been living here for about 3 years

Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2007, 03:18 PM

Hilarious

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Jan 31, 2007, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by mdc View Post
I was born and grew up very far away from the United States, I've only been living here for about 3 years
Too late, American values are instilled.

Atomic Rooster
Jan 31, 2007, 03:26 PM

He might have thought you were a Merikan.

Hence the upside the face job.

Kevin
Baninated
Jan 31, 2007, 03:43 PM

You do it to your own, so why not?

centerchannel68
Baninated
Feb 1, 2007, 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by keekeeree View Post
Are you a cashier asking people to show their ID's? If you live in Wisconsin, I have my suspicions...
I don't mind being carded. It's being accused of having a fake that pisses me off, especially when a cashier is a total dick about it and doesn't apologize when they realize their errors. Of course, you'd only understand if it was anybody but me posting that story. Get bent.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 1, 2007, 03:23 AM

for those that remember, i had a guy here during the summer follow me inside a starbucks poking my side hard demanding my respect after i accidently walked into him (and apologized) after he randomly just stops in the middle of the road. there are nut jobs out there, that's for sure.

Alex

torsoboy
Mac Elite
Feb 1, 2007, 04:45 AM

My brother works with a guy who punched a guy that probably seemed random, but wasn't:

It was the middle of the winter and the guy was driving his motorcycle down the freeway to get to work and he was freezing his butt off... somewhere along the way some jerk cuts him off and almost sideswipes him and almost causes him to crash on the freeway (we all know what a freeway crash can do to the person on the bike right?). The guy was already in a bad mood from freezing on his way to work, and almost getting sideswiped just pushed him over his limit, so he followed the guy that cut him off and the guy he was following got off the freeway and went to a gas station; so he followed him to the gas station and parked his motorcycle on the side of the building. As soon as the guy he was following came out of the gas station he walked up to him and punched him in the face, and then got back on his motorcycle and finished his trip to work.

So it wasn't all that random, but it is doubtful that the guy that got punched had any clue as to who it was that punched it or why he was punched.

Maybe you pissed this guy off on accident somewhere and didn't know it? Who knows. People are messed up.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Feb 1, 2007, 10:24 AM

I hate being punched in the face. It's annoying.

Eynstyn
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 1, 2007, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by torsoboy View Post
My brother works with a guy who punched a guy that probably seemed random, but wasn't:

It was the middle of the winter and the guy was driving his motorcycle down the freeway to get to work and he was freezing his butt off... somewhere along the way some jerk cuts him off and almost sideswipes him and almost causes him to crash on the freeway (we all know what a freeway crash can do to the person on the bike right?). The guy was already in a bad mood from freezing on his way to work, and almost getting sideswiped just pushed him over his limit, so he followed the guy that cut him off and the guy he was following got off the freeway and went to a gas station; so he followed him to the gas station and parked his motorcycle on the side of the building. As soon as the guy he was following came out of the gas station he walked up to him and punched him in the face, and then got back on his motorcycle and finished his trip to work.

So it wasn't all that random, but it is doubtful that the guy that got punched had any clue as to who it was that punched it or why he was punched.

Maybe you pissed this guy off on accident somewhere and didn't know it? Who knows. People are messed up.
People should be aware of their actions and the possible consequences.

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Feb 1, 2007, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by bstone View Post

I know some great police officers. In my experience, they're some of the best people out there.
2008 iMac 3.06 Ghz, 2GB Memory, GeForce 8800, 500GB HD, SuperDrive
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Feb 1, 2007, 10:48 AM

Getting punch in the face doesn't usually hurt as much as you'd think it would (unless it's the nose or the freakin' EAR), but there's always that shock that comes along with it because it's such a socially awkward moment.

You mean I got PUNCHED? In the FACE? Hold on a second...

Dakar²
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 1, 2007, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
Getting punch in the face doesn't usually hurt as much as you'd think it would (unless it's the nose or the freakin' EAR)

Motherf*cker! You hit me in the ear!
Well, Jesus, I'm sorry.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 1, 2007, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
Getting punch in the face doesn't usually hurt as much as you'd think it would (unless it's the nose or the freakin' EAR), but there's always that shock that comes along with it because it's such a socially awkward moment.

You mean I got PUNCHED? In the FACE? Hold on a second...
The first time I got punched in the face I stood there thinking exactly what you typed. It didn't hurt, but it did suck.

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Feb 1, 2007, 01:06 PM

http://kefka.ag.iastate.edu/PunchedInTheFace.mp3

Oh, and I got nailed right in the chin with a basketball yesterday. It still aches today.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 1, 2007, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Gossamer View Post

fixed!

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Feb 1, 2007, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Gossamer View Post
Anybody know the reference?

Rumor
Feb 1, 2007, 02:29 PM

When ever I get punched (about once every couple of years), I tend to smile at the person. That throws them for a good loop.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

torsoboy
Mac Elite
Feb 1, 2007, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Rumor View Post
When ever I get punched (about once every couple of years), I tend to smile at the person. That throws them for a good loop.
Sheeshe, what do you do to piss people off? The last time I got punched in the face was when I was 12 and my brother did it because I wouldn't turn off the bedroom light.

Kevin
Baninated
Feb 1, 2007, 10:26 PM

Me and my brother used to fight all the time, but other than that...

Rumor
Feb 2, 2007, 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by torsoboy View Post
Sheeshe, what do you do to piss people off? The last time I got punched in the face was when I was 12 and my brother did it because I wouldn't turn off the bedroom light.
I work as a bouncer occasionally. It just happens.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

OB1
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 2, 2007, 01:54 PM

It's just ****ing horrible that one human being would just go up to another and randomly punch them in the face. You've got got to be living in, or feel like you're living in, a world of **** to do that, haven't you?

Has that, random act of violence, just added to their world of ****? Now they know the possibility exists that they too can be punched in the face for no reason at all. They also know for sure there's one more person in the world who wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.
tin pot, garden shed

centerchannel68
Baninated
Feb 2, 2007, 02:06 PM

Maybe there was a reason though, OB1. I've gotten back at somebody, years later, and they never knew it was me. It was fun.

Forum Links
Forum Rules