Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Key Lime iBook Shipments

Key Lime iBook Shipments
WhaMe
Forum Regular
Sep 21, 2000, 12:44 PM

Has anyone received their Key Lime iBook or even shipment confirmation yet? I ordered a Key Lime SE last Wednesday and was told it would ship in 5 days. I have heard nothing from Apple since. I am very anxious to get mine.

~scott
Sep 21, 2000, 01:52 PM

Poop. I just ordered one this past Tuesday. Does this mean I shouldn't plan on getting my delivery anytime soon? What does your Order Status say at the Apple Store?

WhaMe  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 21, 2000, 02:16 PM

Good News!! I just recieved e-mail confirmation that it shipped. I should be getting mine early next week.

JoshRobertson.com
Sep 21, 2000, 03:55 PM

I ordered mine the day they came out and got the express 2-3 day shipping. Well, it shipped midnight Tuesday, got to AK Wednesday and has been listed as there ever since. I heard that there may be a delay there =o( Hopefully I'll recieve mine soon, but it's a long way to VA...

Rohith
Sep 21, 2000, 05:42 PM

Someone I know just received her key lime yesterday.

WhaMe  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 21, 2000, 08:01 PM

Well, when I went to the UPS Tracking site, I found out that the tracking number I was given is invalid. So, I don't know where my iBook is. Apple is lucky that they have a great product, because their service has been less than stellar lately.

KeyLimePi
Mac Elite
Sep 22, 2000, 09:15 AM

When did you place your orders? I ordered my KLSE about four hours after then were unveiled in Paris and my order page says "still being assembled."

WhaMe  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 22, 2000, 11:10 AM

I ordered mine last Wednesday night (the 13th). I just ordered the base KLSE model, no extra RAM or Airport card. I'll upgrade the RAM myself to save $.

I was originally given a 5 day lead time before shipment, but it was actually 7 days.

KeyLimePi
Mac Elite
Sep 22, 2000, 06:16 PM

Well, I did add RAM and an Airport card, and was also given 5 days. Since it's been 9 days, I called Apple today.

After being on hold for about 15 minutes, I spoke to a very exasperated but polite rep. He said that my iBook would be ready to ship Monday, and I should have it Wednesday or Thursday at the latest. Of course, this was disappointing, but he was pretty apologetic and since I knew from reading these forums that Apple computers never ship when they're suppose to, I was kind of expecting it.

He was certainly glad to have an understanding customer, and told me demand for the Key Lime iBooks has been pretty overwhelming. "So I guess all those people who said Key Lime won't sell are pretty wrong," to which he replied "sir, you have no idea."

JoshRobertson.com
Sep 22, 2000, 11:04 PM

Got my Lime SE this afternoon, taking pics now and will post shortly. They will be at both www.joshrobertson.com/ibook and www.macfreaks.com.

~Josh

PerfectlyNormalBeast
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 23, 2000, 04:58 PM

Keylime iBook SE ordered sunday @ 3pm EST and it shipped this afternoon Taiwan time.

Yay!

~scott
Sep 25, 2000, 04:51 PM

I called Apple today. Apparently, my iBook is supposed to ship "the beginning of next month". It's on backorder. <shudder> That's never good. I don't plan on seeing this thing until December... Apple is notorious for delays with backordered products. I just hope they're better than when I got my last machine. I waited about two *months* for my 7600.

yike.

Seidoger
Sep 26, 2000, 10:42 PM

Hi,

just for a reference, when did you order yours? and was it keylime that was back ordered?

thanks,

Seidoger

brimars
Sep 27, 2000, 01:04 AM

Well, according to Apple and Fed Ex, the one I ordered left Anchorage late Tues. night. Can't wait to get it so I can throw away the WinTel system! Ordered it last Weds. night but no additional items, just the KeyLime w/DVD. I'll update when (if???) received.

Macrat
Sep 27, 2000, 09:49 AM

I ordered my KLSE on the 19th, with nothing extra except a zip drive. My order still shows "being assembled".

KeyLimePi
Mac Elite
Sep 27, 2000, 03:24 PM

Well, My KLSE arrived today...just 14 days after I ordered it (gee, glad I paid extra for the three-day shipping).

When it arrives, it'll be worth the wait. Man is this thing ever green.

~scott
Sep 27, 2000, 04:43 PM

just for a reference, when did you order yours? and was it keylime that was back ordered?
I place my order on the 19th for a Key Lime iBook (standard, no add-ons), an iMac DV+, and OS-X-beta. On the 25th I called to have my order shipped incomplete so I could get the iMac set up ASAP for our digital guys. My 'book is apparently still backordered. If it hasn't shipped by Oct. 1, I think I'm going to have to call again.

When it arrives, it'll be worth the wait. Man is this thing ever green.
Indeed!

[This message has been edited by ~scott (edited 09-27-2000).]

~scott
Sep 28, 2000, 10:43 AM

Woo hoo! it shipped!
And only slightly past the time quoted at the Apple Store. I'm impressed. Apparently, they're not as backordered as they said. Macrat, you ordered yous the same day I did. What kind of shape is your order in?

Macrat
Sep 28, 2000, 02:26 PM

As of 1:23pm central time it still shows "being assembled". Hopefully I'll be getting it soon I can't wait to get my green bundle of joy!

iBookman
Sep 28, 2000, 04:42 PM

Yeah... My key lime iBookSE/466 has arrived!! It's now in the trunk of my car, hopefully I can test it out (and transfer all the files from my Tangerine iBook) after going back home from school... One comment: the iBook color shown on the box is awfully bright-green color... very different from what the actual color really is :-)

Macrat
Sep 29, 2000, 09:46 AM

WooooHoooo! Yeah! It shipped this morning.... (dancing into the distance)...

brimars
Sep 29, 2000, 02:32 PM

Whoo-hooo! The iBook arrived yesterday and everything appears to work great! No bad pixels, no problems at all that I can tell. Now, once I figure out how to transfer all the files from my Wintel machine to the iBook, I can con someone into buying the crashing piece of junk. Hope everyone else gets theirs soon.

dagmar
Forum Regular
Sep 30, 2000, 10:35 AM

Ordered my key lime SE on Sept. 15th; on the 25th it was 'being assembled', then on the 30th it shows as having been shipped from Taiwan. Hope to have it early next week if it doesn't get hung up in AK. I have seen one in action, and they truly seem to be flourescent, the screen is better than my blueberry, and DVD playback looks great.

Josh Reid
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 1, 2000, 02:14 AM

Dagmar..
It's interesting that you say that the KeyLime's screen is better than on your blueberry iBook, considering that the screens are supposed to be identical. What was it about the KL's that looked better?

Thanks,
Josh =).

dagmar
Forum Regular
Oct 1, 2000, 10:06 PM

I guess it's more perceptual, probably, than real...I was watching a DVD movie, (Terminator II) for most of the time, and the graphics definitely are smoother; plus watching it on an albeit small screen, was really great, much better than I would have expected given the small size of the screen and the letter box format of the movie. I'm not all that technical a person, but the guy who was doing the demo said that not having to 'refresh' in the TFT screen, unlike on a CRT, makes quite a difference. All of this was done in a darkened room, and let me tell you, the lime book does glow
i guess this is sort of off the topic...am expecting my limebook very soon, and have a couple of movies on hand to try on it.

packley
Oct 2, 2000, 01:19 AM

Can't speak for Key Line, but the screen on my new graphite is much brighter that my tangerine.

jcarr
Senior User
Oct 2, 2000, 12:56 PM

I don't have an older iBook to compare side by side, but the Key Lime iBook itself is a whole lot brighter than the Tangerine. ...and I thought the Tangerine was electric.

*WOW* The Key Lime iBook is BRIIIIIIIGTH!

Man, oh man. I like it though. :-)

------------------
I'm cookoo for Cocoa Apps!
I'm cookoo for Cocoa Apps!

dagmar
Forum Regular
Oct 3, 2000, 07:06 AM

Well, according to fed ex tracking, my limebook, and probably a lot of others, have been sitting in Taiwan since Friday. Mine showed shipped on Friday, at the airpost there yesterday am, but the latest tracking results (this morning) have it still at CKS Intl. airport in Taiwan. Anyone else in the same boat or know what's up?

Lacertus
Oct 5, 2000, 03:30 PM

Received my Key lime iBook SE last Thursday! It took about 10 days from the ordering process. The tracking system provided was excellent and yes, it is an amazing little machine.

dagmar
Forum Regular
Oct 5, 2000, 11:37 PM

Received my KLSE on Wednesday, and am happy to report that all is going perfectly! No dead pixles, no other operating problems, DVD's play with crystal clarity...I'm a very happy camper. BTW: the power cord on this guy is longer than on my blueberry. which is nice.The color is absolutely 'highlighter' flourescent. Highly recommend this ibook!!!

KLiBSE
Oct 7, 2000, 09:33 PM

ordered my Key Lime SE Sept. 26...as of today, it's being assembled. I feel a Steve-esque fit coming.

doctre
Forum Regular
Oct 8, 2000, 06:48 PM

KLiBSE,

Ordered mine on the 27th and it hasn't shipped yet either. When I called them on Friday they said it was ready but had to come from Taiwan. As of yet I haven't seen a noticed about shipping.

The Doctre
G4 DP 533Mhz 1.0Gig/365(40+75+250)/BT/4600/Superdrive
Mac mini 1.42/1G/80/Combo
Mac mini Core Duo 1.66/1G/100/Superdrive
iPod Mini - Silver,iPod 40Gig - Click Wheel

artsy.anarchist
Oct 8, 2000, 11:26 PM

I ordered my KLiBSE on Sept. 25, and as of tonight, it is still being assembled....anyone else receive the e-mail about the unexpected supply delay?

doctre
Forum Regular
Oct 9, 2000, 12:29 PM

Yeah I got that email. I got it the day after I ordered and they said they "hoped" to ship it within 5 to 7 business days. Well its been that long and nothing. I may call them again today and ask again.
The Doctre

WhaMe  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 9, 2000, 01:49 PM

Well, after several weeks of waiting. My KLSE has arrived. No dead pixels and after a cursory inspection, everything else seems to be in order. I just have to stop playing with it long enough to do the low level format of the hard drive and reinstall the software. Then the real testing can begin.

One item of note: The track pad seems more responsive than the trackpad of my friends Blueberry model. I don't know whether they made an improvement, or if it was just luck of the draw.

doctre
Forum Regular
Oct 9, 2000, 04:54 PM

Heh, just got off the phone with Apple. Now they "strongly hope" to ship it within 4 to 5 business days.
The Doctre

doctre
Forum Regular
Oct 10, 2000, 10:36 AM

Not 4 hours after I posted my last comment it shipped.
The Doctre

doctre
Forum Regular
Oct 12, 2000, 07:17 PM

Well after a few calls to fedex I finally have my KLSE iBook. Man is this thing ever green.

------------------
--doctre
The Doctre

Psych
Oct 13, 2000, 05:08 AM

just how green is it? got any pics of it you could post?

Psych
Oct 13, 2000, 05:10 AM

sorry ... double post

[This message has been edited by Psych (edited 10-13-2000).]

Lacertus
Oct 15, 2000, 02:33 AM

I ordered mine a scant 4 days after they were announced at the Paris expo, and it arrived in 10 days. the tracking system was very helpful and the Apple staff was on top of it every step of the way. I have mine now. it's worth the wait. And yes its practically dayglow it's so green. I've been getting stares and people coming up to me constantly. Everyone wants to touch it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules