Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > spressa usb plus drive and toast--odd behavior

spressa usb plus drive and toast--odd behavior
ndpatel
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 19, 1999, 11:45 PM

so i was at best buy and i impulsively bought a spresssa usb plus (4x4x6). (this is a newer unit, with a crx120e drive inside, not the original spressa with the crx100e) i got the thing working with my g4/450 and discribe. (a headache, but sony gets points for responsive, GOOD tech support) still can't read cd's, but i haven't burned a coaster yet. so then i get greedy and decide to use toast as well. i installed toast 4 deluxe, turn off all the charimac extensions, and boot with the toast usb and shuttle extensions. the machine doesn't recognize the drive. so reinstall the charismac extensions, and toast can see the drive, as "sony cd-rw crx120e on SCSI bus 1, ID 0", of all things, but every time i try to burn anything, cd-r or -rw, toast gets as far as asking me if i really want to burn, and then the progress bar says "ejecting..." and it spits the disc out with little/no fanfare or explanation. what's going in here? obviously toast supports the drive, as it recognizes it by make and model, but i can't explain this behavior. has anyone else used this setup? does it work well? all answers are appreciated.

thanks...
nilay patel
[email protected]

------------------

objectofdesire
Dec 27, 1999, 04:05 PM

I feel worse than you, if it helps you feel any better. read my "I am in SONY's hell" topic. My rewriter came without a driver too.

I wonder why Sony has no email-adress. You know? They tell you to WRITE your complaints to them..djeez..

objectofdesire
Dec 27, 1999, 04:05 PM

I feel worse than you, if it helps you feel any better. read my "I am in SONY's hell" topic. My rewriter came without a driver too.

I wonder why Sony has no email-adress. You know? They tell you to WRITE your complaints to them..djeez..

Forum Links
Forum Rules