Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > ibook w/photoshop doesn't work well

ibook w/photoshop doesn't work well
fredi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 19, 2002, 02:45 PM

Using OS 9.2.2 with my new ibook600 dual USB 12" I have found that I can not use certain tools in photoshop, (6 or 5.5) properly. The paths tool, the transform, and the measure tool all become invisible when using them. Paths do not draw on screen unless the image is zoomed. But when new paths are added, the new ones can not be seen again till zoomed again. This is also true of the transform tool and the measure tool. There may be others. I also notice that when dragging an icon on the desktop, it becomes an outline (like in OS 7.1) instead of a transulucent icon as it should.
I have set my monitor to millions of colors and the problem exists with monitor mirroring as well. As it is, these photoshop tools are unusable...Major bummer.. I have not read anywhere about this problem in other forums. Are all the new ibooks like this? Are there new ATI drivers for the Radeon Mobility?.......uhg. Any ideas?

fredi  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 21, 2002, 10:10 PM

Well I guess its kind of embarrassing to reply to ones own post. But I thought I would clear up the fact that the photoshop problem has been "fixed." I have reset the PRAM with TTP and that seemed to fix the problem. So now I am a happy tomato.

fredi  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 25, 2002, 10:10 PM

O, ok... geez, so I have created my own conversation with my self. But since I posted the original post. I should clarify the solution, instead of point fingers at my cool ibook.

The photoshop problem, now upon further inspection was not due to corrupt PRAM, but to a corrupted copy of photoshop (how did that happen?) running off another external FW disk. A clean installed version of PS on the startup drive does not experience those video problems. Hmm first time I ever had a corrupted PS..

ok I'll go away now.

khufuu
Sep 26, 2002, 01:02 AM

Gets pretty lonely out there doesn't it....

SupahCoolX
Mac Elite
Sep 27, 2002, 08:31 PM

Originally posted by khufuu:
Gets pretty lonely out there doesn't it....
Aww... does somebody need a hug?

iDaver
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 27, 2002, 11:10 PM

It's good when someone solves their own problems and takes the time to report back with the solution. Thanks fredi.

Forum Links
Forum Rules