Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Os X Caches Problem

Os X Caches Problem
futurist
Feb 23, 2004, 09:29 PM

Hi all,

I'm having this problem. Whenever I launched safari, The safari inside the dock showed it's been launched. But I dun hav the safari browser on the desktop. Same for mail, Mac Help. I tried using Panther caches cleaner. After deleting the caches. it works. But after i finish my work or surfing i shut it down. the next time when I on the powerbook. The same thing happened. I even try using techtool pro to do help. But still can;t solve this pro. Anyone encounter similar problem. thanks. If not i guess i'll have to re-install the whole OS.

1984 1/2
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 24, 2004, 01:05 PM

The dock shows the apps running, but do you need to force quit the appications? I had a similar problem (with Safari, Address book, Disk Utility, and various control panels), and it turned out to be a font issue. Try opening Fontbook and disabling the fonts in the OS9 collection. Then try Safari again and see if it launches. If it does, there is a problem with duplicate or corrupt fonts. Hope this helps!
Daylight is a dream when you live with your eyes closed.

Fonzie
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 24, 2004, 02:11 PM

Try downloading Onyx form MacUpdate. and optimize the system or something. perhaps repair permissions.
There's No Offposition On the Genius Switch - David Letterman

futurist  (op)
Feb 24, 2004, 09:31 PM

Originally posted by 1984 1/2:
The dock shows the apps running, but do you need to force quit the appications? I had a similar problem (with Safari, Address book, Disk Utility, and various control panels), and it turned out to be a font issue. Try opening Fontbook and disabling the fonts in the OS9 collection. Then try Safari again and see if it launches. If it does, there is a problem with duplicate or corrupt fonts. Hope this helps!

Yes. I manage to find out this is the problem. thanks dude.

futurist  (op)
Feb 24, 2004, 09:32 PM

Originally posted by Fonzie:
Try downloading Onyx form MacUpdate. and optimize the system or something. perhaps repair permissions.

Thanks, tried that to. but the main problem is the fontbook fonts

Forum Links
Forum Rules