Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Battlefield 2 and Call of Duty 2!

Battlefield 2 and Call of Duty 2!
nycdunz
Senior User
Jun 29, 2005, 06:55 AM

i played bf2 today at compusa, its awesome... was hoping that we don't have to wait a year for a mac version , and also heard about COD 2! Looking forward to these 2 awesome games...

Mafia
Mac Elite
Jul 4, 2005, 03:31 PM

i weep at night praying to the gaming gods to bring both of these games to mac. i have a (gaming)pc to play them on but my powermac outperforms my pc in games(OMGTEHCRAZY) and i want to play them on my mac.
http://www.mafia-designs.com

nycdunz  (op)
Senior User
Jul 5, 2005, 04:56 AM

me too! arghh i hope it doesnt take 2 yrs like it did for battlefield 1942 to come out for the macs, thats a joke...

iLikebeer
Mac Elite
Jul 5, 2005, 05:57 AM

My brother is trying to convert me to PC using BF2.

It's hard to resist....../me goes to play Halo2.

The iMac Man
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 5, 2005, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by iLikebeer

It's not that good of a game....
-iMac
(The PC to Mac CoD Mod Converter)

Get Mac Game Mods Here: Macologist.org

iomatic
Mac Elite
Jul 5, 2005, 03:08 PM

I still love CoD-- hope CoD 2 rocks and is on the Mac soon. Oh, and thanks for the mod help iMac Man, you're awesome for getting all those mods on CoD. Hope to see you on the Austin Servers (also merged with B5 community).

The iMac Man
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 5, 2005, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by iomatic
I still love CoD-- hope CoD 2 rocks and is on the Mac soon. Oh, and thanks for the mod help iMac Man, you're awesome for getting all those mods on CoD. Hope to see you on the Austin Servers (also merged with B5 community).
You are certainly welcome. It's my pleasure!

One cool feature I recently heard about in CoD2, which I hadn't heard of before, is the idea of constant chatter... they say that on the battlefield, there is ALWAYS communication going on through radios and person to person... they are going to bring this into CoD2. So, there will always be people talking around you and to you... pretty cool idea... I just hope it doesn't interfere.
-iMac
(The PC to Mac CoD Mod Converter)

Get Mac Game Mods Here: Macologist.org

James41
Jul 6, 2005, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by iLikebeer

It's hard to resist....../me goes to play Halo2.
If you do, better make sure your pc will actually play the game first. I bought it a few days ago for the pc and the first thing it did was tell me there was a missing .dll. I finally found it on a website after a few hours looking, but then after it installed when you go to run it, all it does is show a BattleField 2 splach screen, show a black screen for 5 seconds and then return to desktop. It seems to be rather common complaint amoung other gamers after checking a few game forums.

I wrote ea tech support and so far 4 days and no answer. I don't think it is my hardware as it is an amd64 with 1 gig of ram and an Ati 9800 pro with 128 ram which runs all the other games including Doom 3 just fine.
PowerMac G5 - 2.0 4 1/2 Gig Ram - Tiger 10.4.2
30" Apple Monitor - LaCie d2 Tripple 320 Gig
iMac G5 1.8 1 1/2 Gig Ram 20" - Tiger 10.4.2
Amd64 - Gamer - Water cooled

iomatic
Mac Elite
Jul 9, 2005, 02:06 PM

You gotta love the PC side.

That's just ridiculous. I'll wait 'till they iron out all the bugs, and then release it all pristine-like for the Mac (yeah, right).

James41
Jul 9, 2005, 07:31 PM

Well i finally got it to working on the pc..Only problem it would not run in full screen i had to run it in a window... boy does that SUCK big time... An ATI 9800 Pro with 128 and i have to run in a window...

Finally gave up and went and put a Nvidia 6800 GT with 256 ram in the machine and was then able to run it in full screen. Am running at 1600 res on a 20" flat screen and it looks pretty darn good. Keeps you ducking for cover... good action...

Tried running it on my 30" Apple Cinima, but it won't run cause the game can only go 1600 res and the lowest i can go on that monitor is about 1800.... bummer! BattleField 1942 with the Desert Combat mod runs just great on the 30" though...
PowerMac G5 - 2.0 4 1/2 Gig Ram - Tiger 10.4.2
30" Apple Monitor - LaCie d2 Tripple 320 Gig
iMac G5 1.8 1 1/2 Gig Ram 20" - Tiger 10.4.2
Amd64 - Gamer - Water cooled

Forum Links
Forum Rules