Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Best Wireless Mouse for Gaming? (WoW)

Best Wireless Mouse for Gaming? (WoW)
DaveNinja
Forum Regular
Jul 28, 2005, 12:17 PM

I heard some wireless mice fall asleep and take a second or 2 to wake up. Anyone have a wireless mouse they use for gaming (like WoW) that they like? It would just need to have 2 buttons and a scroll wheel.
thanks!
daveninja.com

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Jul 28, 2005, 12:25 PM

Well, I'd recommend the Logitech MX1000, but it's a bit more than you're asking for. It has eight buttons and a tilting scroll wheel. But having used the mouse for quite some time I can say that it is very good for gaming. There's no wake-up delay like with most wireless mice, no lag, and the battery life is excellent. I usually let it go for a week or two before putting it back on its charging cradle.

"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!" *wheeze*

mhuie
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 28, 2005, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Luca Rescigno
Well, I'd recommend the Logitech MX1000, but it's a bit more than you're asking for. It has eight buttons and a tilting scroll wheel. But having used the mouse for quite some time I can say that it is very good for gaming. There's no wake-up delay like with most wireless mice, no lag, and the battery life is excellent. I usually let it go for a week or two before putting it back on its charging cradle.

I'd have to disagree with that comment. All wireless mice have some sort of lag. (I've tried the MX1000 and returned it). I have NEVER found a wireless mouse that was up to par with the wired versions. The feel compared to wired versions is just wrong. Maybe it's just me, but if I have to use a wireless mouse for a prolonged period, my hands get cramped.
MBP 1.83

a2daj
Mac Elite
Jul 28, 2005, 07:35 PM

I've switched between using an Mx1000 and a wired Logitech optical mouse in game and the MX1000 feels much more responsive. The Mx1000 is a great mouse for gaming.

jeffB
Jul 29, 2005, 12:55 PM

i can't tell a difference between my mx1000 and mx510. and i've never had it fall asleep while i was playing. only when i go AFK.

Cipher13
Jul 30, 2005, 02:38 AM

I use an MX700 and I love it. That, and my Marble Mouse.

So good.

Mafia
Mac Elite
Jul 30, 2005, 03:32 AM

i got the mx1000 and its a great great mouse. i've never noticed any lag and my hands never get cramped. go with it!
http://www.mafia-designs.com

Coug-it
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 30, 2005, 08:55 PM

Although it's wired, if you're interested in a laser-tech mouse this might be a good
alternative to the MX1000 (at about 1/2 the price):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826202001

I've also been pretty happy with the MX700 although that seems to be a bit
difficult to find anymore.

Forum Links
Forum Rules