Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Buying a Mac in Pakistan

Buying a Mac in Pakistan
yoosufzai
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 10, 2006, 01:29 PM

I am wondering if anyone can assist me in finding a reliable place to purchase a Mac from (preferably new and recent models) in either Lahore or Islamabad in Pakistan? Thanks in advanced.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Feb 10, 2006, 01:36 PM

Is there a way to buy it online and have it delivered?
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Tyre MacAdmin
Mac Elite
Feb 10, 2006, 01:57 PM

I work with a guy from Pakistan... but he's currenty back in Pakistan but supposed to be returning soon. I'll ask when I see him!

yoosufzai  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 10, 2006, 04:17 PM

Thank you, you all are very helpful and have responded quick to me.

This is one option I was thinking olePigeon. I am trying to find out if Apple Store or other stores like MacMall deliver to Pakistan as an option if it is purchased with a card from an account from USA.

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
Feb 10, 2006, 04:21 PM

Google came up with this:

www.PakMac.com
Apple Authorised Dealer

Apple.com has links to 2 Mac user groups in Pakistan: ZEN & PkMug. Too bad both links are dead.

Person Man
Professional Poster
Feb 11, 2006, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Eug Wanker
Google came up with this:

www.PakMac.com
Apple Authorised Dealer
I love how all the computer pictures on that page are non-Apple computers

yoosufzai  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 11, 2006, 06:55 AM

Eug Wanker - Thank you very much I wasn't able to find anything with google when I tried.

Person Man - I noticed that too at first. At first glance I was trying to figure out are these old Macs and then realized they are wannabe PC iMacs with the entire computer in one unit.

I am going to try to contact this company. On the average their prices are $100-300 more when rupees are converted to dollars. I don't know if this is averaged out if I could purchase from Apple Store website with the shipping. I have emailed Apple Store to see who they recommend as authorized dealers and/or if I can order directly from them.

Thanks again for all your guys help. If anyone else finds out anything please share and I will try to share any information I get for anyone else in the future.

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 11, 2006, 09:57 AM

The online Apple Store has a custom web-site for Singapore and Hong Kong. They are relatively close to Pakistan for shipping purposes.

This may be a touchy subject but have you considered trying to look within India? Isn't Bangalore the high-tech center of Indian industry?
I would imagine there might be an Apple re-seller there.

(I just checked and Apple has a website specifically for India. Check it out here.)
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

predictablestupdities
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 20, 2006, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by dcmacdaddy
The online Apple Store has a custom web-site for Singapore and Hong Kong. They are relatively close to Pakistan for shipping purposes.

This may be a touchy subject but have you considered trying to look within India? Isn't Bangalore the high-tech center of Indian industry?
I would imagine there might be an Apple re-seller there.

(I just checked and Apple has a website specifically for India. Check it out here.)

I spotted an online store delaing with Pakistan www.shophive.com. Well they have decent items of Apple on their catalogue. And I had the chance to be intouch with one of their representatives, he told me you can get more items by contact them on email.

I hope this help!

Fred_Cokebottle
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 20, 2006, 03:21 PM

Why not buy it off an American marine stationed in Afganistan? Just a fringe thought.

Trygve
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 21, 2006, 03:32 AM

If you can fly to Dubai there are several places here to buy them - Virgin Records at Mercato mall or Mall of the Emirates, the Apple Store at Ibn Batuta Mall (China Court) or Pro Tech on the Sheikh Zayed frontage road near Safest Way.

sabeenfaisal
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 28, 2006, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by yoosufzai
I am wondering if anyone can assist me in finding a reliable place to purchase a Mac from (preferably new and recent models) in either Lahore or Islamabad in Pakistan? Thanks in advanced.
Dear Yoosufzai The best place in Islamabad to purchase Mac is
Mr.AbduL Rehman Tahir
[email protected]
Mezzanine 1, Chughtai Plaza
35 Blue Area, Fazal-e-Haq Road
Islamabad, Pakistan.
9251-2829874, 2874332, 2278459

Obi Wan's Ghost
Baninated
Jun 28, 2006, 05:59 AM

lol PakMAc

What's next? Macistan?

ambush
Banned
Jun 28, 2006, 10:29 AM

What's next... Freedom Fries?!

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Jun 29, 2006, 01:14 AM

Mac Book 13-inch White - Rs. 80520
Processor 1.83GHz Intel Core Duo L2 Cache 2MB, FSB 667MHz
Display 13.3-inch widescreen display
Hard Drive 60GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard drive
RAM 512MB memory (2x256MB SODIMMs)
Optical Drive Combo drive (DVD-ROM, CD-RW)
Graphic Card Intel GMA 950 with 64MB of DDR2 SDRAM
Networking Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T (Gigabit)
Wireless Built-in 54-Mbps AirPort Extreme, Built-in Bluetooth 2.0+EDR
iSight Built-in iSight Camera
System Software Mac OS X v10.4.4 Tiger/Pre Installed Windows XP Professional

Now that's cool

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

Spook E
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 25, 2007, 08:29 AM

Not to be hatin or nothin, but who would've thought we had so many pakis on NN!

Where are you blokes when we have cricket threads?

Person Man
Professional Poster
Jun 25, 2007, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by ars123 View Post
AOA All,
here I pleased to inform you now you can purchase Mac Computers and other product of apple here all in Pakistan from the raffles computers branches. please feel free to contact with us
spam. reported as such

ghporter
Administrator
Jun 25, 2007, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Spook E View Post
Not to be hatin or nothin, but who would've thought we had so many pakis on NN!

Where are you blokes when we have cricket threads?
Is "Pakis" an appropriate term for Pakistanis? Anywhere? It sounds a LOT like a derogatory term from your usage... If it passes locally, please remember that this forum is quite international. What is acceptable in language (especially in terms of reference for persons of other nationalities) may not be-in the extreme-in other locales.

I live in Texas-things have been "interesting" in the area of "cultural sensitivity" here for several hundred years. And I think that a lot of people on these forums would agree with me that your post sounded offensive, whether it was meant that way or not.

I'm just sayin'...

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Jun 25, 2007, 11:56 PM

Pakis is a pretty derogatory word where I come from, but I understand that like that other word, it can also be used colloquially.

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

Brass
Professional Poster
Jun 26, 2007, 01:02 AM

Not as derogatory as "Americans", though.

People can't help where they're born.

Surely it's just an abbreviation for "Pakistani". It's certainly not regarded as derogatory here. Especially in the context of cricket. I think people are generally way over-sensitive in the realms of political correctness, anyhow. I mean "two headed Tasmanians" is very derogatory, but most Tasmanians really don't give a stuff, and just take it in their stride.
( Last edited by Brass; Jun 26, 2007 at 01:08 AM. )

Spook E
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 26, 2007, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by ghporter View Post
Is "Pakis" an appropriate term for Pakistanis? Anywhere? It sounds a LOT like a derogatory term from your usage... If it passes locally, please remember that this forum is quite international. What is acceptable in language (especially in terms of reference for persons of other nationalities) may not be-in the extreme-in other locales.

I live in Texas-things have been "interesting" in the area of "cultural sensitivity" here for several hundred years. And I think that a lot of people on these forums would agree with me that your post sounded offensive, whether it was meant that way or not.

I'm just sayin'...
I've never heard it used as a dergoatory term, i play soccer against a few guys from over there and they've never batted an eye lid about it.

To me its no different to calling you guys Yanks, the Brits Pom's or the Kiwis, Kiwis, so I guess it's probably an american thing, this racist infered 'Paki'. You guys are way to sensitive about things, but will keep in mind the internationalism of the place.

Forum Links
Forum Rules