Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Safari 3.x and window closing

Safari 3.x and window closing
Spook E
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 2, 2007, 08:09 AM

So far I've tried every version of Safari 3, and not one has let me close the Safari window successfully.

Hitting the red button or apple+c does nothing at all. I've deleted all the other little Safari add ons i'd collected such as SafariStand SafariExtender etc, but still no joy! The only thing i have left on the machine related to safari is Retrospective, but that wouldn't interfere with it.

Does anyone know what is going on with this?

Professional Poster
Aug 3, 2007, 09:41 PM

It's a beta. Keep that in mind. But I have never seen that happen... and I ran the beta from day one.

Art Vandelay
Professional Poster
Aug 3, 2007, 10:10 PM

Using Taboo?
Vandelay Industries

pheonixash
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 4, 2007, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Spook E View Post
So far I've tried every version of Safari 3, and not one has let me close the Safari window successfully.

Hitting the red button or apple+c does nothing at all. I've deleted all the other little Safari add ons i'd collected such as SafariStand SafariExtender etc, but still no joy! The only thing i have left on the machine related to safari is Retrospective, but that wouldn't interfere with it.

Does anyone know what is going on with this?
Umm Apple+C is for Copy? Try Apple+W to close the window or Apple+Q to quit Safari altogether.

Thinine
Mac Elite
Aug 5, 2007, 05:02 PM

Definitely sounds like you have a hack of some kind installed that's messing with Safari.

Spook E  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2007, 03:24 AM

Thanks for responding guys, turns out i had taboo installed and that was causing the problem, all is well now though.

Forum Links
Forum Rules