Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > anyone here have much experience with body piercings?

anyone here have much experience with body piercings? (Page 2)
Atheist
Mac Elite
Nov 6, 2007, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by krillbee View Post
haha, the moment i read this thread I knew it was going to be trouble.

the human body is so beautiful without tattoos and piercings that i never understood the need for them.

also whats the point of getting your nipples pierced? who is going to see them? through your shirt? bare naked?

lol! we would get along so well.
I can only speak for myself, but I pierced my nipples for me... not anyone else. I don't care who sees them... that's not what it's about. As was stated earlier, it's about enhancing pleasure. And I can attest it works as advertised

Compared to my ear piercings (just one on each ear)... it was a zillion times more painful. I couldn't touch my nipples for 2 weeks... just putting on a t-shirt was painful.

Edit: Aside from the initial pain, they have been totally trouble-free. It's been about 6 years now and I've never had an infection or even any type of irritation.

krillbee
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2007, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by Atheist View Post
I can only speak for myself, but I pierced my nipples for me... not anyone else. I don't care who sees them... that's not what it's about. As was stated earlier, it's about enhancing pleasure. And I can attest it works as advertised

Compared to my ear piercings (just one on each ear)... it was a zillion times more painful. I couldn't touch my nipples for 2 weeks... just putting on a t-shirt was painful.

Edit: Aside from the initial pain, they have been totally trouble-free. It's been about 6 years now and I've never had an infection or even any type of irritation.
are you a chick?

i guess if the guy doesnt mind them in the bedroom then its all good. I might think that they were a little weird at first but i could probably get used to them. i would just be worried that the girl might be a slut if she had nipple piercings. i know its dumb to generalize like that, but it can be easy to do at times. also id be worried about accidentally ripping them off.

--Steve

shifuimam  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2007, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by Rumor View Post
The only time I have seen a nipple piercing go through the actual nipple is on a male (mine included).
A bunch of the pics for women's nipple piercings uploaded to BMEzine appear to be through the actual nipple, but it's hard to tell. I figure I'll go to the place and ask for a portfolio and talk to the guy a bit before I do it. I've got three places in the Indy area that I'm looking at to do this; they've all been recommended by multiple people through Indy forums I'm a member of, etc.

My friend who's going with me has quite a bit of piercing experience, so I'm hoping he'll be able to help me make a good decision on this one. I've still got the rest of the week to decide if I'm ballsy enough to do it at all.

<edit>
What in the WORLD does a nipple piercing have to do with sexual promiscuity? I mean, seriously, WTF.

I'd hope that you don't judge a woman based on what piercings she has. That's pretty unfair.
</edit>
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

Atheist
Mac Elite
Nov 6, 2007, 01:47 AM

are you a chick?

i guess if the guy doesnt mind them in the bedroom then its all good. I might think that they were a little weird at first but i could probably get used to them. i would just be worried that the girl might be a slut if she had nipple piercings. i know its dumb to generalize like that, but it can be easy to do at times. also id be worried about accidentally ripping them off.

--Steve
I'm a guy...

...and the weirdest thing happened after I got my nipples pierced. I started having sex with perfect strangers on a daily basis. I couldn't stop myself. So I would agree... you better stay away from anyone with pierced nipples. They are most assuredly of a deviant nature and probably have many diseases too.

krillbee
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2007, 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by shifuimam View Post
What in the WORLD does a nipple piercing have to do with sexual promiscuity? I mean, seriously, WTF.

I'd hope that you don't judge a woman based on what piercings she has. That's pretty unfair.
</edit>

sorry about that, lol. i know i come up with silly things sometimes. I won't assume that she is a slut cuz i know that not all women who get their nipples pierced are like that. For all i know maybe nipple piercing is in no way a helpful predictor. But i still probably pay more attention to a woman's behavior if she has a nipple pierced. i know, im bad.

krillbee
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2007, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by Atheist View Post
I'm a guy...

...and the weirdest thing happened after I got my nipples pierced. I started having sex with perfect strangers on a daily basis. I couldn't stop myself. So I would agree... you better stay away from anyone with pierced nipples. They are most assuredly of a deviant nature and probably have many diseases too.

uggh, i really opened up a trap door this time, didnt i!

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 6, 2007, 02:05 AM

A single little silver hoop was found betwixt the cushions of the couch at my house one day.

I remember the girl losing it from her hoo-haa a few evenings prior.
ice

Rumor
Nov 6, 2007, 02:07 AM

sorry about that, lol. i know i come up with silly things sometimes. I won't assume that she is a slut cuz i know that not all women who get their nipples pierced are like that. For all i know maybe nipple piercing is in no way a helpful predictor. But i still probably pay more attention to a woman's behavior if she has a nipple pierced. i know, im bad.
Are you fifteen?

Obviously, you don't "get" the tattoo and piercing thing.

As said several times in this thread, nipple piercings aren't for anyone other than the person pierced. It is a sensation thing.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2007, 02:26 AM

I don't either. I've got zero interest in pierced/tattooed chicks.

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Nov 6, 2007, 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by Face Ache View Post
I don't either. I've got zero interest in pierced/tattooed chicks.
So if you met some amazing woman and really hit it off, you'd just walk away the minute you found out that she had a couple tattoos and/or piercings?

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Nov 6, 2007, 02:32 AM

When I used to date, a long time ago, I loved going out with women who had piercings and tats. Usually they had higher pain thresholds.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Nov 6, 2007, 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
When I used to date, a long time ago, I loved going out with women who had piercings and tats. Usually they had higher pain thresholds.
Your location makes a lot more sense now.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Nov 6, 2007, 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by nonhuman View Post
Your location makes a lot more sense now.
Some like it, some don't.

Actually, I was thinking about a little biting and scratching, but what you're saying is true too.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2007, 02:46 AM

So if you met some amazing woman and really hit it off, you'd just walk away the minute you found out that she had a couple tattoos and/or piercings?
Probably. I've knocked back a few hotties in my time.

krillbee
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2007, 03:02 AM

Are you fifteen?

As said several times in this thread, nipple piercings aren't for anyone other than the person pierced. It is a sensation thing.

Ok, well if its for the sensation then that makes sense. I guess I just think that sometimes people do it just to be kinky.

shifuimam  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2007, 11:19 AM

Ok, well if its for the sensation then that makes sense. I guess I just think that sometimes people do it just to be kinky.
Ah, but see being adventurous in the sack is not synonymous with being slutty. You can be into all kinds of kinky stuff and still be monogamous...

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Nov 6, 2007, 12:07 PM

OK, all that said, how does putting extra weight on your boobs affect unperkiness acceleration in later years? I feel that this is an important question, since unperkiness is doubleplusungood.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2007, 12:11 PM

Whatever you decide on doing, find somebody who you trust to get this done right. See if you can talk to some past clients of his/her to check what their experience was.

Doofy: The weight is negligible.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Nov 6, 2007, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mastrap View Post
Doofy: The weight is negligible.
I know that. I just wanted to use the word "unperkiness" in a post.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

andi*pandi
Nov 6, 2007, 12:18 PM

all I can say is ouch ouch ouch and no.

paul w
Mac Elite
Nov 6, 2007, 12:26 PM

Ah, but see being adventurous in the sack is not synonymous with being slutty. You can be into all kinds of kinky stuff and still be monogamous...
This is true. Sometimes a married women even likes to be called a filthy slut by her husband in bed. Whatever works.

Anyway as long as you're doing it for you, go for it.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Nov 6, 2007, 02:36 PM

Whatever you do shif, we'll need pics. You know, just to make sure they did it right.

Yeah, that's the ticket...
- Thomas Paine

DakarĘ’
Professional Poster
Nov 6, 2007, 02:44 PM

Yeah, I'm sure her flickr account will be stalked for the next few weeks.

shifuimam  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2007, 05:16 PM

Now I'm having second thoughts.

$75-$100-whatever is a lot of money, and if they end up migrating (or hurting more than anticipated and get infected or have to be removed), it's wasted money.

I'll think about it.

Rumor
Nov 6, 2007, 05:37 PM

$75-$100-whatever is a lot of money, and if they end up migrating (or hurting more than anticipated and get infected or have to be removed), it's wasted money.

I'll think about it.
Anticipate them to be sore for two to four weeks, depending on how fast you heal. Make sure you eat before getting them done. You'll want the sugar in your blood because of the ensuing endorphin rush you get during the piercing. Keep them clean and chance of infection is very low.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2007, 06:18 PM

It is a sensation thing.
Like walking around with a haddock in your underpants?

krillbee
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2007, 07:35 PM

true, but sometimes they do it for the attention, and when they want that kind of attention from lots of ppl u have to wonder, lol.

but most people wouldnt know a woman had pierced nipples unless she wore a shirt that made it obvious or if she told people. then again I know of a few women who tell just about everyone they have pierced nipples.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 13, 2007, 09:09 PM

I'll think about it.
For the benefit of others researching the same procedure and for the greater good of all of science and humanity, do you think you could post pictures of your nipples before and after this procedure, should you decide to go through with it? It would be purely for the benefit of science, not sexual at all.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Nov 14, 2007, 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
For the benefit of others researching the same procedure and for the greater good of all of science and humanity, do you think you could post pictures of your nipples before and after this procedure, should you decide to go through with it? It would be purely for the benefit of science, not sexual at all.
I tried that.

Seriously, just the nipple and areola Shif.
- Thomas Paine

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 14, 2007, 03:37 AM

Yeah Shif... If it will make you feel more comfortable, I will post a picture of my butt. Cool?

analogika
Posting Junkie
Nov 14, 2007, 05:04 AM

Breastfeeding's not an issue. Children are all the spawn of satan.
Do keep in mind that this attitude is *fairly* likely to change over the next fifteen years, however impossible that may seem at this point.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Nov 14, 2007, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Yeah Shif... If it will make you feel more comfortable, I will post a picture of my butt. Cool?
I doubt that will make anyone feel comfortable.

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [♬] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 14, 2007, 07:51 AM

Well you can make a pretty good guess.. I am not talking about sexual promiscuity. There are certain types of people that get these things done, and there are certain types of people that do not.

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 14, 2007, 07:53 AM

They don't do anything for me. Having said that my ole lady has some tatts. And wears her tongue ring from time to time. She is growing a bit out of it however. And wishes she didn't get some of the things she did have done, done.

I wont even go into the guys that have their penises split in two.

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 14, 2007, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
Because you like to beat them? What benefit would having a higher pain threshold be to someone you were dating?

shifuimam  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2007, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by analogika View Post
Do keep in mind that this attitude is *fairly* likely to change over the next fifteen years, however impossible that may seem at this point.
I giggle every time someone says that to me. It's like it's socially unacceptable to want to remain childless. I don't want kids and I don't want to get married. Not now, not ever. I despise children and always have (when I was eight years old I was saying the same things - no kids, no marriage). Even if I wanted kids, I'd make a horrible parent, and I'm not interested in selling my soul to some ungrateful child for the rest of my life. Nor am I interested in the expense of divorce, so marriage really isn't an option for me.

Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Well you can make a pretty good guess.. I am not talking about sexual promiscuity. There are certain types of people that get these things done, and there are certain types of people that do not.
So what kind of person does that make me? I'm pretty damn conservative overall; I just like to mix it up once in awhile.

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2007, 09:53 AM

I don't want kids and I don't want to get married. Not now, not ever.
You have no idea how many of my friends said exactly the same when they were in their early twenties. Most of them are happily shacked up now, with a bunch of kids.

Not saying that it's not cool not to have children, that's of course entirely your choice.

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 14, 2007, 10:12 AM

I giggle every time someone says that to me. It's like it's socially unacceptable to want to remain childless. I don't want kids and I don't want to get married. Not now, not ever. I despise children and always have (when I was eight years old I was saying the same things - no kids, no marriage). Even if I wanted kids, I'd make a horrible parent, and I'm not interested in selling my soul to some ungrateful child for the rest of my life. Nor am I interested in the expense of divorce, so marriage really isn't an option for me.
I felt that way up until I turned 30. While I still really don't want any kids of my own, I've pretty much caved in on the marriage thing. I think being in a dedicated monogamous relationship with someone is the same thing as being married IMHO. Are you against marriage or long term relationships?
So what kind of person does that make me? I'm pretty damn conservative overall; I just like to mix it up once in awhile.
Rare.

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 14, 2007, 10:32 AM

I felt that way up until I turned 30. While I still really don't want any kids of my own, I've pretty much caved in on the marriage thing. I think being in a dedicated monogamous relationship with someone is the same thing as being married IMHO. Are you against marriage or long term relationships?

I find myself in a similar situation. Just out of curiosity, is one of the issues that it feels weird to call your SO your "girlfriend"?

I mean, I'm finding myself getting more and more uncomfortable with that descriptor. That's just not the situation. It feels like I'm lying when I say it.

OTOH, the whole process seems like a major drag. For instance, our best friends (who introduced us, and would be the obvious choice to stand) hate, hate, HATE each other. Why would we choose to subject anyone to that?

Rare.

Excellent answer!

andi*pandi
Nov 14, 2007, 10:47 AM

Even if I wanted kids, I'd make a horrible parent, and I'm not interested in selling my soul to some ungrateful child for the rest of my life.
while it's admirable to be so honest with oneself, that statement seems to me to be a bit pot&kettle. Do you consider yourself ungrateful? Do your parents play the guilt card?

I have friends who knew they didn't ever want kids, and that's cool. They make excellent babysitters however.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 14, 2007, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by - - e r i k - - View Post
I doubt that will make anyone feel comfortable.
It will make me feel comfortable. Also, gay people and women.
( Last edited by besson3c; Nov 14, 2007 at 10:57 AM. )

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Nov 14, 2007, 10:54 AM

Because you like to beat them? What benefit would having a higher pain threshold be to someone you were dating?
Well, biting and scratching have their place too.
- Thomas Paine

Kevin
Baninated
Nov 14, 2007, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
I find myself in a similar situation. Just out of curiosity, is one of the issues that it feels weird to call your SO your "girlfriend"?
Not really. But then again I am almost 35.. Calling her my "lover" sounds pretentious and makes me think of those SNL skits with WIll Ferrell.
I mean, I'm finding myself getting more and more uncomfortable with that descriptor. That's just not the situation. It feels like I'm lying when I say it.
Why would it be lying unless you weren't with that person?
OTOH, the whole process seems like a major drag. For instance, our best friends (who introduced us, and would be the obvious choice to stand) hate, hate, HATE each other. Why would we choose to subject anyone to that?
I think with any relationship there is going to be good and bad times. I've dated a lot of girls that were also addicted to that "new love" feeling. Once that wore off they were gone, and onto someone else. Usually they had their claws into someone else before breaking off the original relationship. These women I've dated also seem to be co-dependent. So it's a weird situation. I've been living with the same gal for the past 5 years. We talk about getting married, but it just has never happened.

But this is going off topic. So lets get back onto the subject of poking holes in your nipples.

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 14, 2007, 11:02 AM

Why would it be lying unless you weren't with that person?

Too weak a descriptor. But just as you said, something like "lover" is dopey.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Nov 14, 2007, 11:03 AM

Not always. One of the most prim and "proper" women I've ever met had both of her nipples and labia pierced. Yeah, she was a hellcat in the sack, but you wouldn't know it just by looking at her. I've known her for almost 10 years and never have heard profanity from her, and hardly a cross word for anyone. She's the type of person that would sit next to you at church and you'd never have a clue.
- Thomas Paine

shifuimam  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 14, 2007, 11:05 AM

LTRs are great. Marriage is overrated and really, really overpriced. Most major companies provide benefits for heterosexual domestic partners now, so except for other tax benefits, I see zero reason to get married. Monogamy = marriage; I can be monogamous without selling my life to someone else.

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
while it's admirable to be so honest with oneself, that statement seems to me to be a bit pot&kettle. Do you consider yourself ungrateful? Do your parents play the guilt card?
Yes, although aside from basic food, water, and shelter, I have little to thank them for, and yes - all the fricking time. I am a firm believer that my parents (a) never should have been married, and (b) never should have procreated. I'm not interested in even coming remotely close to following that legacy, thankyouverymuch.

I have friends who knew they didn't ever want kids, and that's cool. They make excellent babysitters however.
I was a horrible babysitter when I was in high school. Because I hate kids (aka gremlins).

Cipher13
Nov 14, 2007, 11:21 AM

Marriage is just another Church ruse.

Being married to someone for 50 years is no different than being in a relationship, unmarried, for 50 years (insofar as the relationship itself goes). Marriage is just a convention.

Anyway, casual relationships ftw.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Nov 14, 2007, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Cipher13 View Post
Marriage is just another Church ruse.

Being married to someone for 50 years is no different than being in a relationship, unmarried, for 50 years (insofar as the relationship itself goes). Marriage is just a convention.

Anyway, casual relationships ftw.
Ah, what's a lounge thread without Cipher preaching his views as truth?

Cipher13
Nov 14, 2007, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Ah, what's a lounge thread without Cipher preaching his views as truth?
Anything I say should automatically be treated as nothing more than opinion when it's a subjective matter, as this is.

The same should go for everyone else.

DakarĘ’
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2007, 11:45 AM

II think being in a dedicated monogamous relationship with someone is the same thing as being married IMHO..
LTRs are great. Marriage is overrated and really, really overpriced. Most major companies provide benefits for heterosexual domestic partners now, so except for other tax benefits, I see zero reason to get married. Monogamy = marriage; I can be monogamous without selling my life to someone else.

Originally Posted by Cipher13 View Post
Being married to someone for 50 years is no different than being in a relationship, unmarried, for 50 years (insofar as the relationship itself goes). Marriage is just a convention..
I don't think I've ever seen this forum make this much sense.

Forum Links
Forum Rules