Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > how to free download videos from website, like youtube?

how to free download videos from website, like youtube?
CrayDeng
Baninated
Feb 14, 2008, 06:09 AM

I just access to the Youtube website for a few month, and I wanna download music videos from it. My friend and I both like rock’n roll very much, we often shoping at the CD’n VCD retails to search our favorite band or album. But since we are just students and don’t have much pocket money, the most way we can use is download them from youtube, myspce & etc. And meanwhile we need a high speed downloading tool to help us to maintain the quality and convert the formats, of cause it would better be free.
I’m sorry to wasting your time by asking this stupid question, but I’ve used many softwares which I searched from google, but It’s either function limited by trial edition or not a free edition.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Feb 14, 2008, 10:35 AM

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 14, 2008, 11:22 AM

PaperNotes
Feb 14, 2008, 11:50 AM

Safari can already download videos from YouTube. There's also a free plugin for Quicktime so you can view the vids. Go to Perian - The swiss-army knife of QuickTime components for your treasure trove.

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 14, 2008, 03:17 PM

why do I get the feeling another new poster is going to pop up and recommend some software to buy to do just what the original poster requested.

ghporter
Administrator
Feb 14, 2008, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by BRussell View Post
why do I get the feeling another new poster is going to pop up and recommend some software to buy to do just what the original poster requested.
Because you remember that pattern too? Just a guess.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

alfredo
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 15, 2008, 05:32 PM

On Safari look at the Window menu. Under that menu is Activity. Click it. It will open a small window. You can find the url for the video. It will be X amount of mb. Double click it and it will download. The file downloaded will be Get_Video.

iSquint is a free application that will convert the FLV file to an mp.4. Be sure to click the H.264 option on the window before starting the conversion. iSquint - iPod Video Made Easy.

This should work for any flv file.

Try this video on for size. YouTube - Bold As Love let it play to the end then look for youtube in the activity window. You will see Youtube -Bold As Love. Look for the 9.3 mb file. It might be right near the top, but sometimes the file is further down the list. Double click and wait for it to download. You will see the get_video file down load. Open iSquint and drop that file downloaded into the window. Be sure to click the H.264 Encoding option. Hit start. Shouldn't take too long.

Enjoy

Forum Links
Forum Rules