Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Possibly washed out screen? Need help

Possibly washed out screen? Need help
drnkn_stylz
Senior User
Jun 3, 2009, 04:14 PM

I have a new unibody MacBook. Got it in January sometime.

Anyways I have been quite happy with it but after reading all kinds of forum threads (from here and other places) about the screen being really poor quality, I decided to pay closer attention to how mine looks.

I have looked in my 'Book's profile, and the screen I have is the 9C89. Apparently a "bad" one, but there are other people saying theirs is fine. Just opinion/preference I suppose.

I do find the vertical viewing angle is pretty bad, and also after testing the screen closely, I noticed the bottom inch of the screen seems to fade out to white, or loses color. I don't know the proper term, washed out?

So what I have found is the viewing angle sucks, and the bottom portion seems to lose it color. Is this a common problem with this screen/MacBook? I was thinking of calling Apple for support to see if they could perhaps replace it.

Any suggestions and/or opinions are welcome.
..13" MacBook Pro | 2.53gHz | 4gb RAM | 320gb Seagate Momentus XT | OSX.6.6.. // iPhone 4 32gb

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jun 7, 2009, 11:54 PM

It's just the bad viewing angle. I remember when the Al MacBooks came out a lot of people said in general that the viewing angles weren't up to spec. Apple would probably give you a new one.

Forum Links
Forum Rules