Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > What program do I use for the Mac?

What program do I use for the Mac?
LauraJ
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 8, 2001, 02:22 PM

Can someone tell me what animtion program for the mac I can get that can do what the pic above is doing? Something to do with frams I think. I believe it's an animation one the programs that I inquired about are for the dam PC.

I would like to get one that I won't have to sell my first born in order to afford. heheh.

thanks.
------------------
What a Vision!

[This message has been edited by LauraJ (edited 04-08-2001).]

mindwaves
Apr 8, 2001, 02:26 PM

ImageReady -from Adobe
Stone Studio - for Mac OS X only -free

LauraJ  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 8, 2001, 02:32 PM

Thank you so much.

LauraJ  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 8, 2001, 07:24 PM

Oh My God!! I downloaded the trial version of Adobe Photoshop 6.0 with the ImageReady and I can't believe it. You need a 10 year degree. I would need a 50 year degree just to read any help feature.

Waaaahh, The stone studio looks magnificant but I won't get OSX till it's working Okay.

Isn't there any other programs? Please?

mindwaves
Apr 8, 2001, 11:57 PM

ImageReady is extremely easy to learn. here are a few basic steps:

Open imageready and go file --> open to open all of your pictures. Use the marquee tool (the upper left one) and select whatever part of your image that needs to be cropped (delte unecessary parts). Go to the edit menu (or image menu...not sure and go image -->crop. If your images do not need to be cropped, then if you want to resize them, then go to image --> resize, then select how many pixels or inches that you want them to be.

Next get you first picture that you want to make it into a .gif file (a picture that moves) and go to the layers pallete (should be bottom right of screen) and go to newlayer. then select your second image and do a command a and then select your first image and do a command v. keepp on repeating this until you are done. Next, you have your frames pallete(not sure of the exact name). IT SHOULD BE ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF YOUR SCREEN BY DEFAULT. PICK HOW LONG THAT YOU WANT EACH IMAGE TO BE. LASTLY, GO TO save for web from the file menu and make sure that it is .gif and that is it. Sorry about the caps, i didnt realize that they were on. Here is another link to some more fee progs:
http://home.att.net/~fbull/graph/gif-animators.html
edit again: sorry but I didnt know that the above link was PConly. Just do a google search for some free progs.
[This message has been edited by mindwaves (edited 04-08-2001).]

[This message has been edited by mindwaves (edited 04-09-2001).]

Forum Links
Forum Rules