Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > psion update

psion update
spike
Forum Regular
Mar 8, 2001, 12:41 PM

Anyone aware of any update to macconnect from psion?

milly
Mar 8, 2001, 01:42 PM

I recieved an email from Psion support that there had been "some delays with this project" and the release date has altered. In addition, I recieved a later email stating USB support would be forthcoming in the first quarter of 2001 and the kit will cost �60! Rip off if you ask me but at least it's a start for Mac users and alike with USB.

spike  (op)
Forum Regular
Mar 8, 2001, 06:22 PM

Did you get any details about the update? Is it something really new or just an old macconnect with usb support. I really need to know if psion is planning something big, beacause if it's not I will switch to the palm OS platform. I am really tired of their anti-mac spirit

Toinou
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 9, 2001, 02:39 AM

Yeah, sure !
I'm getting fed up with their poor support of the mac platform.
But what I hate most is that they spend their time propagating rumors about an hypothetic PsiMac..... well, I just remember being told by someone at the Psion's technical support that PsiMac would be available at Apple Expo..... '98.
Every year it was the same ol' song.... this year there were rumors about a Series 5//Entourage conduit that should have appeared in january, now this one, planned march 1st... now 1st quarter of 2001.
Well.... maybe they are waiting for every new computer to ship with OS X to introduce PsiMac for OS 8.6 only.... 60 bucks, USB adapter not included, 60 more bucks.
Honestly, my Series 5 costed me : 70$ for MacConnect, 70$ for the USB adapter, 70 more dollars for Virtual PC 2 (I've pirated Window$ 98, but hey, I was not gonna pay about 200 bucks for an OS I only use to sync my Psion)
So, I paid 210 bucks for something that's shitty while PC users got a complete sync solution for free.
If they had said that earlier I would never have bought my series 5.
Psion SUCKS

Toinou

spike  (op)
Forum Regular
Mar 9, 2001, 04:30 AM

I couldn't agree more with you. Psion really SUCKS for their anti-mac spirit. Every day I get more tired of my psion because of the non-existence of synchronization. Why the hell is it so hard to get a mac version of PsiWin. Come on macconnect is really a shame: it's software that was ok in the 80's. You pison guys: we are in the 21st century now, there are still some mac users in the world (you know computers with an apple on top of it).
I'm thinking about changing platform. I'm waiting for an apple PDA, but if takes too long i'll go with a palm.
Psion is making me very nervous

A (less) happy mac addict, because of psion

Forum Links
Forum Rules