Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Film Competition > Old Film Comp (archive) > A Codec Question

A Codec Question
OwlBoy
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 17, 2001, 07:24 PM

Can we use any quicktime codec?

IE 3ivx, On2, ZyGoVideo (is that what it is?). Cuz I would like to encode my entry and I dunno if I can use 3ivx or On2.

-Owl

Demonhood
Administrator
Nov 17, 2001, 08:12 PM

If you use a special quicktime codec (such as the ones you listed), please mention that in your post so that I can reflect it in your entry description. Not everyone has QT 5.0.2 will all the goodies. I won't accept divx or asf files. It has to be playable in quicktime without any special preparation/conversion.

[ 11-17-2001: Message edited by: Demonhood ]

OwlBoy  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 17, 2001, 08:19 PM

Ok thats what I was wondering, I will prolly use On2 or 3ivx then. After I see whitch encodes it better .

-Owl

ussfolsom
Forum Regular
Nov 17, 2001, 09:05 PM

Sorenson 3 does a great job too, depending on what the subject is. I don't remember if the smoothing feature is available in the standard version, but it blurs artifacts and you can get a really nice looking movie at a very low data rate.

Forum Links
Forum Rules