Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > my mom is losing it

my mom is losing it
ambush
Banned
Oct 31, 2004, 01:22 PM

[edit] **** that..
( Last edited by ambush; Oct 31, 2004 at 03:58 PM. )

greenamp
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2004, 01:23 PM

Sounds exactly like my mom, and every other mom on the planet

CD Hanks
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2004, 01:26 PM

Sounds like she is rubbing off on to you.

<some witty quote that identifies my originality as a person except for the fact everyone else does the same thing>

ambush  (op)
Banned
Oct 31, 2004, 01:29 PM

now she's pouring some suicidal messages into the mix.

how fun.

Toutgood
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 31, 2004, 01:34 PM

Dude, you have a room 50 meters squared, and you're calling that small? My appartment's that size.

It's impossible to know who's the whiny little b1tch here, you or her, or maybe a mixture of both (in the genes, perhaps?). But dude, it's your Mom, your living in her house, and she's cleaning up after you. You're not a minor, so you could actually go out get a job and a place of your own (tough to do, I'm sure, with all your school work and all- but there are those of us who actually have done just that).

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 31, 2004, 01:35 PM

Suck it up, get a job and move out.

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

Rolling Bones
Banned
Oct 31, 2004, 01:35 PM

She needs a good spanking.

greenamp
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2004, 01:37 PM

lol

lounge = no sympathy

PacHead
Baninated
Oct 31, 2004, 01:40 PM

Originally posted by greenamp:
lol

lounge = no sympathy
This aint Oprah or some whiny little bitch room where people want to read about other people's messed up life.

wataru
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 31, 2004, 01:41 PM

My parents (especially my mom) have never been like that. That's one f'd up mom you got there.

ambush  (op)
Banned
Oct 31, 2004, 01:42 PM

Originally posted by Toutgood:
Dude, you have a room 50 meters squared, and you're calling that small? My appartment's that size.

It's impossible to know who's the whiny little b1tch here, you or her, or maybe a mixture of both (in the genes, perhaps?). But dude, it's your Mom, your living in her house, and she's cleaning up after you. You're not a minor, so you could actually go out get a job and a place of your own (tough to do, I'm sure, with all your school work and all- but there are those of us who actually have done just that).
more like I donno... I have 5x5 meters... that's 25m^2

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Oct 31, 2004, 01:42 PM

Maybe she's menopausal.
"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."

ambush  (op)
Banned
Oct 31, 2004, 01:43 PM

My dad is SO not like this. I think that's why they divorced.

My dad is a lot more calm, but on the other hands he's not TOO responsible.
( Last edited by ambush; Oct 31, 2004 at 01:54 PM. )

i_rooster
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 31, 2004, 01:44 PM

well, if she's giving you a lot of shite then she may need imodium

waky waky!

greenamp
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2004, 01:44 PM

Originally posted by ambush:
my mom... she has a weird personality... she gets very irritated in a short period of time.

E.g. today I arrive at my mom's house and she LOOKS irritated... I donno why.. so wtf I go to my room and begin working on some stuff... then she comes and tells me how my room is never clean.

WELL WTF. I'm a ****ing student, I'm ****ing never at home. I'm at school, I do my work there, I almost live there. I come here to ****ing sleep and eat. How is this supposed to be a problem? **** she was a student too, she can understand that.

OK my room is NOT clean... I have like 50 square meters of area, it's ****ING normal.. my room is ****ing small... and now she's losing it

it begins... she screams... stuff like

always me always me... WHY ME.... i'm sick and tired of this life SICK AND TIRED... she almost cries... and she screams yells shouts and enumerates things that are not clean in the house (e.g. someone stained the shower curtain with blood.. it's not me and I donno who it is)... she screams about she's tired of washing stuff. doing laundry etc. etc.

this is my mom... she's a maniac about clean stuff. I'm not. Nobody is in the house. NO ONE tells her to wash it... she does it by herself... and then she complains.. I mean I do clean my room but she's not obliged to do it for me... and she can close my ****ing door and NOT see my room. it's that ****ing simple..

she's leading a ****ing sad life and I'm very sad for her. Wow. It must be a pain to be always stressed like that.. I HOPE it's not genetic...

and everytime I act like she does with my friends I realise I will perhaps be like her when I grow up and it scares the living **** out of me.
( Last edited by greenamp; Oct 31, 2004 at 01:50 PM. )

i_rooster
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 31, 2004, 01:48 PM

My dad is a lot smoother
WTF?

waky waky!

Toutgood
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 31, 2004, 01:50 PM

Maybe she needs a boyfriend.

Is she cute? Pix pls

Rain
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 31, 2004, 01:51 PM

There's blood on the shower curtain and it doesn't belong to you. Is she cutting herself? If she is then you need to get her help. Actually get her help anyway; talk to your doctor. It sounds like she's really depressed.

ambush  (op)
Banned
Oct 31, 2004, 01:54 PM

Originally posted by Rain:
There's blood on the shower curtain and it doesn't belong to you. Is she cutting herself? If she is then you need to get her help. Actually get her help anyway; talk to your doctor. It sounds like she's really depressed.
no no.. someone stained it in the family... it's not her...

I think it might be my sister when she was shaving (?) no idea.

winwintoo
Oct 31, 2004, 02:09 PM

Ambush, I'm not a professional, but I was a mother just like that until I finally got some help.

Your mother is not well.

Talking to her doctor is a good suggestion. Tell the doctor what you've told us - clean it up for the sake of decency but you will be doing her a favor. Even if she realizes she has a problem and goes to the doctor, she won't explain what she's doing and how she's behaving, part of the illness is the coverup, and if she was honest with the doctor, the doctor's first instinct is to minimize it.

I'm sending you a private email.

Take care, Margaret

ambush  (op)
Banned
Oct 31, 2004, 02:18 PM

thank you... I'll try to speak to her

greenamp
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2004, 02:18 PM

wtf??? You people making a clinical diagnosis based on a post from some kid on the net are funny.

i_rooster
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 31, 2004, 02:20 PM

pms??

waky waky!

greenamp
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2004, 02:26 PM

thank you... I'll try to speak to her
No offense, but you sound like a spoiled brat to me. You mother is exhibiting nothing unusual for a woman her age who is under stress.

She is venting at you b/c she is stressed about other things. Your messy room, the fact that you only are home to eat and sleep and see nothing wrong with it, and see nothing wrong with any of your actions is just something she is miffed at you about. To her, it's saying you don''t appreciate her.

I hope that after you accuse her of being mentally ill for not wanting ot put up with your crap, she kicks your spoiled @ss out on the curb.

BlueSky
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2004, 02:55 PM

Clean your friggin' room and grow up.

voyageur
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2004, 03:07 PM

I'm a fairly neat mom too. I've raised two kids to adulthood. They are wonderful human beings, but messy. I know the frustration of coming home tired after a long day at work and having to clean up after kids who are old enought to put dirty dishes in the sink, hang up their wet bathtowels, and not leave shoes where others will trip over them, but don't. And it sounds like your mom is single and has to handle it all on her own. Hard work and thankless. That said, it's not something to have a tantrum about (at least not on a regular basis), and if that happens often, something else is wrong.

I agree with Rain and winwintoo that if your mom is losing it often, then something else is bothering her. She may or may not be clinically depressed, but she needs some outside help to figure out what's wrong. For your part, have some compassion, and try to clean up a little bit. And good luck. It is surely not easy on either of you.

SubGeniux
Grizzled Veteran
Location: Shipped to another country by the US to be tortured so they can avoid Int. law.
Oct 31, 2004, 03:09 PM

It's probably just her time of the month, most women get mental then. My ex would just turn into the anti-Christ, and tear me apart if i even ate in a way that annoyede her.

Just compliment her, say her hair is bice and that she suits what se's wearing, should do the trick.
sanathana sarathi
si tacuisses philosophus mansisses

ambush  (op)
Banned
Oct 31, 2004, 03:12 PM

Originally posted by greenamp:
No offense, but you sound like a spoiled brat to me. You mother is exhibiting nothing unusual for a woman her age who is under stress.

She is venting at you b/c she is stressed about other things. Your messy room, the fact that you only are home to eat and sleep and see nothing wrong with it, and see nothing wrong with any of your actions is just something she is miffed at you about. To her, it's saying you don''t appreciate her.

I hope that after you accuse her of being mentally ill for not wanting ot put up with your crap, she kicks your spoiled @ss out on the curb.
Where exactly did I accuse her of being mentally ill?

Powaqqatsi
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2004, 03:16 PM

You know, you're almost 18 now. I'm 18 myself (18.5 that is ) and I was once like you. When I was 12. Don't get me wrong, I like you, I have no problems with you but you're going a bit far here. It's clear that your mother is just stressed, nothing more, nothing less. And I thinks it's YOU who is losing it. Grow up. You act really puberal for someone of your age.

this is my mom... she's a maniac about clean stuff. I'm not. Nobody is in the house. NO ONE tells her to wash it... she does it by herself... and then she complains.. I mean I do clean my room but she's not obliged to do it for me... and she can close my ****ing door and NOT see my room. it's that ****ing simple..
Who elso is going to clean the house ? Santa clause ? You ? Try living in a complete mess for a month, you'll go nuts. I'm messy myself but I force myself to clean otherwise I'll go nuts.
And yes she can stop cleaning your room, but it's HER house and she wants it to be clean.

Now don't you hate me now

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Oct 31, 2004, 03:45 PM

Where exactly did I accuse her of being mentally ill?

Umm, in the thread title.

tooki

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 31, 2004, 04:59 PM

Another teenage angst thread brought to you by ambush.

milenko11
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 31, 2004, 05:04 PM

quote:
my mom... she has a weird personality... she gets very irritated in a short period of time.

E.g. today I arrive at my mom's house and she LOOKS irritated... I donno why.. so wtf I go to my room and begin working on some stuff... then she comes and tells me how my room is never clean.

WELL WTF. I'm a ****ing student, I'm ****ing never at home. I'm at school, I do my work there, I almost live there. I come here to ****ing sleep and eat. How is this supposed to be a problem? **** she was a student too, she can understand that.

OK my room is NOT clean... I have like 50 square meters of area, it's ****ING normal.. my room is ****ing small... and now she's losing it

it begins... she screams... stuff like

always me always me... WHY ME.... i'm sick and tired of this life SICK AND TIRED... she almost cries... and she screams yells shouts and enumerates things that are not clean in the house (e.g. someone stained the shower curtain with blood.. it's not me and I donno who it is)... she screams about she's tired of washing stuff. doing laundry etc. etc.

she's leading a ****ing sad life and I'm very sad for her. Wow. It must be a pain to be always stressed like that.. I HOPE it's not genetic...

and everytime I act like she does with my friends I realise I will perhaps be like her when I grow up and it scares the living **** out of me.

Move out.

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 31, 2004, 05:06 PM

He hasn't even finished high school...

ambush  (op)
Banned
Oct 31, 2004, 05:19 PM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
He hasn't even finished high school...
Uh uh. Yes I did.

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 31, 2004, 05:26 PM

Uh uh. Yes I did.
Ah, didn't you just go to a prom?

ambush  (op)
Banned
Oct 31, 2004, 05:28 PM

Ah, didn't you just go to a prom?
Yes... that was in June... your point being?

Please stop now tho. Just don't answer the question.

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 31, 2004, 05:32 PM

Sorry, didn't mean to get you spazzed out.

ambush  (op)
Banned
Oct 31, 2004, 05:32 PM

Sorry, didn't mean to get you spazzed out.
I'm calm... I just want your mistakes to be clarified.

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 31, 2004, 05:33 PM

Yes, and they were. Sorry, I didn't have your autobiography here in front of me.

ambush  (op)
Banned
Oct 31, 2004, 05:35 PM

Yes, and they were. Sorry, I didn't have your autobiography here in front of me.
Then stop assuming stuff.

Thanks.

Sorry guys for replying to this idiot. I need to work on it.

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 31, 2004, 05:46 PM

Ambush, I made a simple mistake. I know when you are 17, and people mistaken you for still being in high school, it probably upsets you. But believe me. It's petty. No need to launch personal attacks and get all drama on us.

I think we are beginning to see why your mom might be having problems.

ambush  (op)
Banned
Oct 31, 2004, 05:49 PM

Ambush, I made a simple mistake. I know when you are 17, and people mistaken you for still being in high school, it probably upsets you. But believe me. It's petty. No need to launch personal attacks and get all drama on us.
Another example of how some americans are narrow minded.

Not ALL the country have the same education system. Wake up, there exists a world outside of the US. And we have education too.

If you reply to this post you're officially an idiot.

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 31, 2004, 06:05 PM

Another example of how some americans are narrow minded.

Ok you post this.

And then you post this.

If you reply to this post you're officially an idiot.
Come on ambush. Grow up. You claim you are all mature, and wanted to be treated as such. But you don't act it.

If you want to be treated like an adult, you have to act like you aren't in Jr High.

It's as simple as that.

Forum Links
Forum Rules