Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > WOOHOO! MAJOR new virus update on the office PeeCees�

WOOHOO! MAJOR new virus update on the office PeeCees�
TonyRado
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 13, 2002, 09:23 AM

Well, I walked in this a.m. to hear The Dork� lecturing The Managing Partner� on the use of this new, wonderful, brilliant, important, crucial, vigilant, much needed, and 'you should be glad you have ME here to protect you,' - POS "virus protection software" called Ad-Aware. I mean, it sounds like a good program for its INTENDED USE, but I soooo can't figure out why he's getting his pink panties all in an bunch over it.

Buah, I just read this. Maybe I should give it a try.

ringo
Professional Poster
Sep 13, 2002, 09:26 AM

Ad-aware is good PC software...but your IT dude is still a dork.

RAzaRazor
Mac Elite
Sep 13, 2002, 11:08 AM

Surely you must know some legal loophole that will let you kill him and get away with it!

C'mon Tony, Think!

Ad-Aware rocks, I run it every now and then to clean crap off my computer that got installed when I was using IE instead of Mozilla.

TonyRado  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 13, 2002, 12:06 PM

Well, I just want to update whoever it was that suggested that I invest in an 'Earth Magnet' a few months back (for that issue I was having with those nails in my lawn). I went to Home Depot and they never heard of such a thing Are there any websites that one would want to avoid while running Win98 - so that I could REALLY test how wonderful this program is

ringo
Professional Poster
Sep 13, 2002, 12:58 PM

Originally posted by TonyRado:
Are there any websites that one would want to avoid while running Win98 - so that I could REALLY test how wonderful this program is
Yeah, you really want to avoid this site while using Windows98, or any other operating system for that matter. I mean it. Your program can't help you. Don't click that link! (You've been warned!)

MacLone
Sep 13, 2002, 01:57 PM

My privacy is a great concern to me but for almost all my clients, the spyware is something they just don't know and don't care and i'm talking here about 99.5% of all people.
This is why malware sh*t like webhance, cydoor etc. are getting so much money and is the reason why we all receive A LOT OF UNSOLICITED EMAIL (SPAM) every day.
I'm really sick of it!
It is not only the info about you what they steal, it's the way they use it to spam you to death!
If people does not realize that this spyware is important to be careful of, they will never stop.
I want to say that AD-AWARE and the people who created it deserves A BIG THANK YOU

...and for the people who creates webhancer, cydoor etc. HAVE A BIG FUC* YOU, YOU MOTHER FU****S...get your money from somewhere else lamers.

BlackGriffen
Professional Poster
Sep 13, 2002, 05:12 PM

Originally posted by TonyRado:
Well, I just want to update whoever it was that suggested that I invest in an 'Earth Magnet' a few months back (for that issue I was having with those nails in my lawn). I went to Home Depot and they never heard of such a thing
It's called a "rare earth" magnet. Some are also called neodymium magnets. Here is an example of a site selling them I found when I looked it up on google:

http://www.indigo.com/magnets/gphmgn...h-magnets.html

BlackGriffen

TonyRado  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 13, 2002, 05:41 PM

Thanks for the info! Not too expensive either ^_^

Forum Links
Forum Rules