Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > 10.5.1 - keychain broken?

10.5.1 - keychain broken?
kga1978
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 16, 2007, 03:19 PM

Hi,

I just updated to 10.5.1 and now my keychain has started acting up all weird . I have heard about people having problems under 10.5, but I wasn't expecting an update to reintroduce it!

Basically I have to enter my passwords all the time, when using mail, safari, etc. Also, I am using 1password and it keeps giving me an "decryption error" every time I am trying to use it in Safari. I have tried to repair and rebuilt my keychains but to no avail. The solution of deleting the actual keychain files is not an option for me, since I have 200+ passwords stored .

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Cold Warrior
Nov 16, 2007, 04:27 PM

open Keychain Access, click its name in the menubar, and choose Keychain First Aid. Use the repair option and see if that fixes it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules