Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > $1600.00: MacBook Pro 15.4'' 2.0 Core Duo 100 GB @7200 1GB Ram(512MBx2) Glossy Screen

$1600.00: MacBook Pro 15.4'' 2.0 Core Duo 100 GB @7200 1GB Ram(512MBx2) Glossy Screen
lttung
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 28, 2006, 10:59 PM

I bought this from apple.com (about 2-3 months ago, original receipt and everything in the box are included) for my elder sister in Los Angeles, but she said it's too "PRO" for her. It run very quiet and smoothly, NO heat problem. In addition, I already set up everything for her so she could switch around with Windows with Parallel (with WinXP Pro SP2 and OFFICE 2003 for Windows), I even put on it the iSkin protector for the keyboard and MacWare wrist pad as well. I will only ship around the US from California by FedEx for FREE.

Feel free to contact me at [email protected] if you are interested.

Javizun
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 29, 2006, 02:48 AM

i mean whats so pro about it that she wants to sell? is the light on the keyboard too much for her?
what pro features does the macbook pro have that make it 2 PRO?

Can you please elaborate?

lttung  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 29, 2006, 03:40 AM

Thank you, that's a very good question. Yeah, I used to have the same question for her when she told me that the MBP is too "PRO" for her.

My older sister is currently working as an accountant for my brother-in-law's family's business in restaurant service. Basically, at home, she only uses office softwares for her job such as Word, Excel, or Access. The MBP focuses on graphic, music, video editting. After she tried the new MBP for a while, and she said she did not need those functions that MBP provided. Especially, when I introduced her the Final Cut Studio to her and how powerful it was for video editting, she was very impressed and said it sounded very "PRO", but unfortunately, she did not need it. That's what I meant by she thought it was too "PRO" for her, therefore, I put it up here for sales. This is my first time doing this, I first put it in the wrong forum and "macbook" reminded me, and he also put a note on the price too (I spent almost $2,400 of my sis' money for this MBP just a few months ago, so I thought I could resell for $2,050. Since "macbook" mentioned the re-furbished price of it on apple.com as only $1,400, so I thought $1,600 is fair for all the extras: harddrive 100GB@7200 vs. 80GB@5400, RAM 1GB vs. 512MB, set up (Parallel), iSkin keyboard protector, MAC ware wrist pad and FEDEX shipping.

Should you have any further questions, feel free to let me know.
Thanks again for your time and your question!

gametime10
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 29, 2006, 09:15 AM

If she wants something less "PRO", would she be interested in a trade + cash? I have a White MacBook (2.0Ghz, 1GB, 120GB HDD, SD, etc...)

lttung  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 29, 2006, 11:40 AM

Oh yeah, that's a good idea. I just called her, but she didn't pick it up, because she's at work right now. I'd call her again tonight when she got home. I'd tell you what she thinks by tonight. Thanks!

lttung  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 29, 2006, 03:49 PM

Sold! Thank you for your time and your questions.

Forum Links
Forum Rules