Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FT: Almost brand new white Macbook

FT: Almost brand new white Macbook
IllegalOperation
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 21, 2006, 12:19 PM

I bought this unit a month ago from the St Louis Apple store. Sadly, a macbook is just not for me and I can not grow to like it . Anyway it has a Superdrive and 1.25 GHz ram (1 gig crucial I added) and is in perfect as new condition. I will include everything that I got when I bought it including the box. Pictures of it can be found at Kevins Weekly Apple Mac Corner

What I would love ideally is an iMac 24" and I will pay the difference in value.

Secondly I would take a 20" iMac straight across

I "might" be coherced into taking a 17" iMac plus ??? if all fails but it will take a mighty twisting of my arm to do so

I am also willing to "talk" about a 17" powerbook plus ??? trade, as I am a sucker for the aluminum big screens.

Please no overseas and I am located in Southern Illinois so local transactions are preferred but will ship if we can strike a deal.

PM me here or email to [email protected]

heartsglory
Oct 21, 2006, 11:20 PM

What about a machine from the "dark side"? if you are interested ( probabloy a long shot) I live in Paducah, KY

nickelbackmac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 22, 2006, 12:28 AM

Umm.. maybe we can set aside our differences and trade my Powerbook like we agreed before?

I would still ship first and all!

LMK
Lincoln Navigator-2006/Power features/Black/DVD/Limited Edition/Lincoln SoundMark

IllegalOperation  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 22, 2006, 01:39 AM

Umm.. maybe we can set aside our differences and trade my Powerbook like we agreed before?

I would still ship first and all!
Agreed lets set out differences aside, I think we just misunderstood one another, a simple mistake. I will send you a PM.

Heartsglory

Ye know not what ye ask, lol. I wished you had an Apple for trade I would be there in 45 minutes heh. But I just don't have a need for a Windows computer at all, sorry. But thank you for your reply.

nickelbackmac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 22, 2006, 01:08 PM

Guys, this doesn't mean his Macbook is gone. Instead, I'm getting other stuff for my Powerbook.

This guy is great to deal with, so if any of you are cautious about trading for his Macbook, don't be. He keeps his word! Once I get my items, I will write back. I'm sure they will be just as described! Thanks again illegaloperation!
Lincoln Navigator-2006/Power features/Black/DVD/Limited Edition/Lincoln SoundMark

IllegalOperation  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 22, 2006, 02:05 PM

and I am very happy to deal with you NicklebackMac. Glad we came to a nice agreement I have been wanting a Powerbook 17" for some time, and havent had the need for a Mac Mini really .

yes my white Macbook is still up for trades, I am new to this forum but not others and have loads of references. Would be really happy to find an Intel iMac for it!!!! So if you have an iMac and wish you could go portable give me a shout, Im always about
( Last edited by IllegalOperation; Oct 28, 2006 at 09:35 PM. )

nickelbackmac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 22, 2006, 02:24 PM

You will enjoy it. I've had fun with it, but I really really missed my Mini.

BTW, how well will it run photobooth?

IllegalOperation  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 22, 2006, 04:07 PM

I imagine it should run it just fine. I run all of iLife on it, even made some real nice home DVDs effortlessly. But I don't have an iSight to try it out on.

mabey somebody else has run photobooth on a mini that can chime in?

IllegalOperation  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 23, 2006, 04:23 AM

Possbile trade pending on my Macbook, waiting on Stairway to heaven

nickelbackmac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 23, 2006, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by IllegalOperation View Post
I imagine it should run it just fine. I run all of iLife on it, even made some real nice home DVDs effortlessly. But I don't have an iSight to try it out on.

mabey somebody else has run photobooth on a mini that can chime in?
G4 mini. Intels can definetely run Photobooth. BTW what shipping method did you use on the package?

IllegalOperation  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 23, 2006, 07:24 PM

I sent it Fed Ex Home Delivery, and sent you the tracking number just moments ago please check your PM

IllegalOperation  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 23, 2006, 07:55 PM

And I have made a deal with Stairway To Heaven for my Macbook.

Thanks to NickleBackMac and Stairway for the great deals and I hope you both enjoy your items as I am sure I will mine

nickelbackmac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 12, 2006, 10:27 PM

This man is a fraud. Copied and pasted from my thread about him:

I had a 17" Powerbook that I traded my Mini for. I loved it dearly, but I missed the Mini too much. So on MR I posted a WTT thread, where I asked for a trade with a Mini. Nothing came up, so I thought I'd try here. I asked illegaloperation (when I saw his thread) if we could forget our past (we had a deal that didn't work out) and trade for his MacBook like before. He sent me a PM.

He was excited to do this, but if I wanted his MacBook, I'd have to throw in my 360. Wasn't going to happen. After that, he said "Well, I'll trade you all this for your Powerbook"

1. Mac Mini G4 1.42GHz. Superdrive, 120GB HD, 1GB RAM...got that.
2. Keyspan "front row" remote w/adapter...got that.
3. Apple Wireless Mouse...got that.

That's all I got. He PM'ed me stating that his wife shipped off that stuff, but the rest was too much to ship so he would have her ship it the next day using FedEx 2-day.

What I didn't get, but he told me I would:

1. Compaq Presario 2100 notebook. 2.4GHz Intel. Combo. 512MB RAM. 15.4" screen
2. XBOX with 10 games, under warranty
3. Slim PS2, under warranty
4. Microsoft wireless keyboard/mouse set
5. $100 cash

He said if you add up how much you could get for it, it would total up to $1350. So, I thought it would be a good trade, so I agreed and readied my Powerbook. The next day, it left the same day he shipped his few items. A few days later, he received the Powerbook, I recieved the Mini (with mouse and remote). He told me the Powerbook was great, and I expected the rest off the things to arrive the next day.

Nothing came. All of this stuff was intended for my kids ! It's been 4-5 weeks, and the last message I got from him was on October 25.

Please help me with this. I've already reported what I know about him to IC3, but sadly I don't have his address since I disposed of the box. If ANYONE has any info about him, PLEASE let me know. Thanks, I hope to take care of this problem.

brokecollegestudentF04
Banned
Nov 12, 2006, 10:43 PM

Id contact the authorities, if you know what town he lives in im sure the police can find him, A little visit to the cops may wake him up

[email protected]
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 12, 2006, 11:18 PM

( Last edited by [email protected]; Jun 4, 2013 at 12:59 AM. )

techound1
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 13, 2006, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
What I suggest is stack a crew, go to his front door, and make sure things get settled.
Didn't *anyone* ever see Hang 'em High??

Bob_Barker
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 13, 2006, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
What can the authorities do? Little to nothing. There was probably no contract signed for the goods to be exchanged, no solid records of documents for that matter either. What I suggest is stack a crew, go to his front door, and make sure things get settled.
Actually, nothing has to be signed or written for a contract to exist. This post isn't and shouldn't be construed as legal advice, but contacting the authorities is always a better idea than "stacking a crew."

Forum Links
Forum Rules