Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > iBooks at Outpost.com

iBooks at Outpost.com
Skaught24
May 9, 2001, 02:45 PM

Hey, I'm about to order one of the new DVD iBook 2s. Does anyone no how long it will be before Outpost will start shipping?

Also, has anyone heard if any of the other resellers shipping yet or dates until they do? (I am very cheap, and don't want to pay shipping from apple)

Also, one more question...Is there any other advantages from ordering directly from Apple other than recieving your order faster?

Thanks!
"10 percent of computer users are Mac users, but remember,
we are the top 10 percent." - Douglas Adams 1952-2001

RoofusPennymore
Senior User
May 9, 2001, 02:56 PM

I heard on the PowerList that a local Apple only retailer in Ohio got some. The opnion is that they will get them first before regualr retailers. (darn! I'm waiting for the local MicroCenter to get 'em)
---I'm on a low Microsoft diet.

drewman
Mac Enthusiast
May 9, 2001, 03:07 PM

Don't know if you know this or not, but Outpost no longer has free shipping. Still no tax paid up front (although you are supposed to pay it yourself directly to the state).

Still they have great prices on shipping. Just thought your post sounded like you hadn't heard yet.

drewman

Skaught24  (op)
May 9, 2001, 03:11 PM

That's funny, on their website today and while on the phone they said and showed that they had free ground shipping for all orders over $500.

Skaught24  (op)
May 9, 2001, 03:15 PM

That's funny, on their website today and while on the phone they said and showed that they had free ground shipping for all orders over $500.

WinsOBoogi
Senior User
May 9, 2001, 03:58 PM

Originally posted by Skaught24:
They odn't have free shipping anymore. That's a special, since they're celebrating their 6th anniversary. So it's a limited time offer for the free ground shipping for orders over $500.

I say just go with Apple. It may be a bit more expensive, but you'll get it a lot faster (as outpost has loads of backorder troubles).

It's a shame..I used to buy everything at Outpost because of the free overnight Airborne. All godo thigns must come to an end, I guess.

------------------
"And after Adam and Eve ate the Apple, God punished Bill Gates by making him look like a turtle."

Forum Links
Forum Rules