Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > macbook problem

macbook problem
savethemanatee
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 29, 2006, 02:26 AM

Hello I just got my macbook yesterday and descide to put some music on it so I started to rip cd to the hd and during one of the importing song It said I need to restart so I force restarted it and now it power up but the screen stays black and doesnt make the usual noise when powering up. Also the cd is stuck and im guessing that has to do something with the screen maybe?

thanks a bunch

gooser
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 29, 2006, 03:09 AM

call apple
imac g3 600
imac g4 800 superdrive
ibook 466

mrplow
Dec 29, 2006, 03:32 AM

Zapping the PRAM or something MIGHT fix it, but Apple will instruct you to do this... call them.
Curious, did you get a refurb or brand new?

savethemanatee  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 29, 2006, 01:52 PM

new one also there is a strange clicking sound infront of the cd drive or inside it cant tell...

mrplow
Dec 29, 2006, 02:02 PM

did you get the disc out? the cd drive makes funny noises.. especially if its messed up. Holding down the mouse button while booting would normally eject it, but if that doesnt work take a paper clip to the corner of the drive to force eject. Maybe then it would work? Which corner I'm not sure; either google it or put up a thread asking that

simple
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 29, 2006, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by savethemanatee View Post
Hello I just got my macbook yesterday and descide to put some music on it so I started to rip cd to the hd and during one of the importing song It said I need to restart so I force restarted it and now it power up but the screen stays black and doesnt make the usual noise when powering up. Also the cd is stuck and im guessing that has to do something with the screen maybe?

thanks a bunch
The same thing happened to me yesterday. The same message showed up, and even if i restarted that computer, it would still display the error message, so today i went to Comp Usa and they gave me a brand new Macbook. You gotta love customer service.

savethemanatee  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 29, 2006, 10:10 PM

lol I whent to comp usa today to and the apple tech wasnt there but tommrow he comes in and will look at it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules