Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Best Car DVD/LCD solution?

Best Car DVD/LCD solution?
JeremyS
Senior User
Mar 7, 2004, 02:13 AM

Just wanted to get some opinions on what the best DVD/LCD solution for a car might be.

I don't want to spend a lot and see tons of cool looking screens on ebay, any suggestions as to what to get. Basically I want the screen to mount on the back of a headrest, and hook up the gamecube and dvd for my kid. (Man I wish I was a kid again!!! )

Thanks.

Jeremy

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 7, 2004, 05:52 AM

Does not offer your car maker that as option?, well, maybe that will be expensive if you have purchased the car yet.

Dying to try a Mario Kart DD versus mode with two lcd panel on the headrest

Remember to use the WaveBirds pads !!

JeremyS  (op)
Senior User
Mar 7, 2004, 11:08 PM

anyone else?

marusin
Senior User
Mar 8, 2004, 12:28 AM

No offense to you for wanting to set this up, but I worry so much for the generation of kids right now that are being programmed into having to watch DVDs and play video games constantly in the car.

I can totally see this kind of thing for a couple hour trip to see Grandma and Grandpa or going on a family vacation, but I see so many vans driving just across town with kids in the backseat fixated on the video playing. I don't get how the kids can't go 10 - 15 minutes without having to watch TV?

I guess it's one of those "When I was a kid" situations...

JeremyS  (op)
Senior User
Mar 8, 2004, 01:18 AM

I understand your viewpoint but don't want this thread to become a debate about this, I just want to know what are some good solutions for this.

Forum Links
Forum Rules