Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Need Info On An Warranty Repair Issue

Need Info On An Warranty Repair Issue
kuzzy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 4, 2003, 01:44 AM

This is unbelievable. I own a TiBook 1 Ghz. Tonight when I opened the screen something cracked at the hinge on the right side. Turns out the base of the screen at the hinge joint cracked and I can't close the lid anymore. Also caused a fixed white pixel in the lower right corner of the LCD. The amazing thing is this: today is the one year anniversary of purchase (I lost track of renewing Applecare and had considered not getting it anyway). Now the worrisome part. This occured at 9 PM PST and Apple's applecare hours ended at 6 PM PST. Am I screwed for warranty repair? I can't find any other Apple numbers for after hours help.
( Last edited by kuzzy; Dec 4, 2003 at 03:11 AM. )

kuzzy  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 4, 2003, 01:49 AM

I just realized I do have an automatic extended additional year warranty since I purchased the Tibook on my mastercard. So I figure I am OK in case Apple says it does not matter that the failure occured on the last day of the warranty but after their normal service business hours causing me to be unable to notify them about the failure until the day after the warranty expired.

Just disappointed this happened.
( Last edited by kuzzy; Dec 4, 2003 at 03:09 AM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules