Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > MPlayer doesn't work!?!

MPlayer doesn't work!?!
l008com
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2002, 11:33 PM

In another thread I was having trouble playing stuff and I was told this MPlayer app played anything. Well now I have a divx file whose audio I believe is WMA, this app is the only solution I know of, but the app doesn't work? I choose the movie file in the window but then what nothing happens, there's nothing to do!?

lucylawless
Mac Elite
Location: adrift in a sea of decadent luxury and meaningless sex
Nov 22, 2002, 12:23 AM

I think there's a command line app and a gui app. did you install both?
blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. the X makes it sound cool

kido
Forum Regular
Nov 22, 2002, 12:54 AM

well, not for the faint of heart, but you could compile the mplayer from source, including the latest libavcodec from the ffmpeg cvs server, and then commenting out the default audio codec for wma and enable the wma codec from libavcodec all in the codecs.conf file for mplayer.

in other words, i've done this and can play files with wma audio, but it takes more than a few steps to do it. if you'd like i can provide more details on what you's need to do, but at the very least you'll need to have the developer's tools installed to even try it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules