Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Widespread GarageBand 2 Problems?

Widespread GarageBand 2 Problems?
flabasha
Forum Regular
Jan 26, 2005, 06:26 PM

Over on the apple forums, there are some really bad reviews on performance...

http://discussions.info.apple.com/[email protected]

I'm wondering how people over here are finding it? I have GarageBand 1, and it works very well (but no multi track recording). I'm not sure if I should upgrade, especially with people talking about wanting to reinstall 1 over their copy of 2...

Finrock
Forum Regular
Jan 27, 2005, 03:19 AM

Strange, I have had absolutely no problems in GarageBand 2. In fact, I have found it to perform flawlessly on my iMac G5/2GB. I managed to crank out a sweet little waltz using the orchestral software instruments, which sound fantastic, actually! I haven't even looked at any of the loops, but for entering music and using the score feature, it sure is impressive.

If you have any specific questions feel free to let me know. But from this user's perspective, GarageBand 2 is almost everything I had dreamed it would be!

-Finrock
Two atoms were talking one day. One atom said to the other "you know, I think I've lost some electrons." The other atom said "are you sure?" The atom said "yeah, I'm positive." www.thisoldpodcast.com

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 27, 2005, 11:15 AM

I'm working through some serious latency issues with GB 2, that were not there with GB 1. So far without success. I'm going to give it another go this weekend and try to resolve it - if I don't, I'll likely be reinstalling GB 1.

Spirit_VW
Senior User
Jan 27, 2005, 11:18 AM

It works fine for me on my eMac.
Kevin Buchanan
Fort Worthology

flabasha  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 27, 2005, 06:23 PM

Hmm... sounds like all the problems are with recording live instruments, which, unfortunately is what I would use it for...

dlefebvre
Mac Elite
Jan 27, 2005, 08:19 PM

The usual mixed fellings period right after a new version. It's like that with every single software. People with horror stories, People thrilled by the new features, People scared of updatiing, People complaining about features that didn't make it. It usually calms down after a few weeks, until the next version...

mishap
Mac Elite
Jan 27, 2005, 08:41 PM

Originally posted by dlefebvre:
The usual mixed fellings period right after a new version. It's like that with every single software. People with horror stories, People thrilled by the new features, People scared of updatiing, People complaining about features that didn't make it. It usually calms down after a few weeks, until the next version...
umm, okay. thanks?

Finrock
Forum Regular
Jan 27, 2005, 09:34 PM

I'm going to dump some old 4-track cassettes to HD tonight, I'll use GarageBand 2 and see just how bad these alleged issues are.
Two atoms were talking one day. One atom said to the other "you know, I think I've lost some electrons." The other atom said "are you sure?" The atom said "yeah, I'm positive." www.thisoldpodcast.com

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Feb 17, 2005, 09:59 PM

I've just started playing with it today. While I haven't recorded anything, just working with a song we did earlier, the UI seems horridly slow and choppy. Especially when selecting (click-wait...) and dragging to re-arrange tracks. Sometimes I have to wait forever for it to stop when I press space.

Oh, and no new loops. Come on Apple! You could at least have given us half a jam-pack for free

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

Forum Links
Forum Rules