Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > KOTOR II: The Sith Lords

KOTOR II: The Sith Lords
U n i o n 0015
Forum Regular
Mar 29, 2005, 10:14 PM

Do you think we'll see this on Mac? I've been itching to play it, but haven't splurged for the XBOX version yet. I'd kinda rather play it on my computer, since the first one felt more like a computer RPG to me.

Anyone else hoping that Aspyr picks it up??
12" 1.5GHz Aluminum PowerBook G4
15" 1GHz Titanium PowerBook G4

Thinine
Mac Elite
Mar 29, 2005, 10:47 PM

Yeah. I bet Brad's working on it right now.

discotronic
Mac Elite
Mar 30, 2005, 12:13 AM

I really hope it gets ported. I really liked KOTR and would really like to see the second one come to the Mac.

Weyland-Yutani
Mac Elite
Mar 30, 2005, 08:49 AM

I certainly hope so! The Knights of the Old Republic port by Aspyr was very good

The game was amazing too.

“Building Better Worlds”

Twilly Spree
Senior User
Mar 31, 2005, 08:00 AM

Wow I hope they make a Mac version of KOTOR 2 !!

I got the Mac version of KOTOR for christmas and I loved it plus it was a DVD. Like FINALLY no more stupid CD swapping!! Most excellent.

I'd buy KOTOR 2 without hesitation.

dragonbong
Forum Regular
Mar 31, 2005, 08:03 PM

I have it for Xbox and must say that the gameplay is fun but the ending is quite abrupt.

Twilly Spree
Senior User
Apr 5, 2005, 12:22 PM

After reading a few reviews, looking at some screenshots I'm interested in this game. I thought the plot of kotor was brilliant and didn't really require a sequel.. but still. I want to go back to that Star Wars universe! It was really fun.

Here's hoping for a Macintosh conversion!!

Weyland-Yutani
Mac Elite
Apr 8, 2005, 07:31 AM

No one knows anything???

Brad Oliver? Can you tell us if there is hope? Post once for yes and twice for no.

“Building Better Worlds”

P
Apr 8, 2005, 12:58 PM

It begins great, but the ending comes too soon. One whole planet that was supposed to be in the game (a robot planet, the word is) was removed to squeze the game in before christmas, and large parts of the end of the story is gone. Shame on such a great series.

Anyway I think chances are entirely dependant on how well KOTOR did for the Mac. Personally, I liked it a lot - hope a lot of people did...

Weyland-Yutani
Mac Elite
Apr 8, 2005, 04:49 PM

Originally posted by P:
It begins great, but the ending comes too soon. One whole planet that was supposed to be in the game (a robot planet, the word is) was removed to squeze the game in before christmas, and large parts of the end of the story is gone. Shame on such a great series.

Anyway I think chances are entirely dependant on how well KOTOR did for the Mac. Personally, I liked it a lot - hope a lot of people did...
Well yes. But I don't know how it did for Mac. We did get BG and BG2 both with expansions. We did get NWN and all expansions.

Must have more Bioware games!!!

“Building Better Worlds”

jamil5454
Mac Elite
Apr 10, 2005, 09:27 AM

Bioware sure knows how to make an RPG.

iLikebeer
Mac Elite
Apr 12, 2005, 02:30 AM

Originally posted by P:

You can tell KOTOR2 was rushed. I was on the 2nd real world and hit a bug that I couldn't get past in the storyline. It frustrated me so much that I still haven't finished it.

I finished KOTOR with no problem, but 2 people I let borrow it got hard freezes from the way their storyline developed. Both games needed much more testing and bug fixing before they were released.

KOTOR2 did seem pretty sweet until it froze for me though. And I was just about to get my lightsaber......

CaptainHaddock
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 16, 2005, 03:34 AM

Both of my friends who've played KOTOR II have been unable to finish because of game bugs (both technical and storyline-related). You might be beter off waiting for the game to get fixed anyway, so why not wait for the Mac version?

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Apr 17, 2005, 07:30 PM

We'll most likely see KOTOR 2 on the Mac since Star Wars games usually do find their way to the Mac. But don't expect it too be as good as KOTOR - I've heard it doesn't contain the same great story.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

FurionStormrage
Jun 6, 2005, 03:57 PM

Obsidian Entertainment developed KotOR II.
I do not suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it!

Scooterboy
Senior User
Jun 7, 2005, 02:29 AM

Just buy the Windows version, startup Windows on your MacTel and run the game.
Scooters are more fun than computers and only slightly more frustrating

iOliverC
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 7, 2005, 05:33 AM

Im trying to complete is on my PC, but every 20 minutes or so, it just crashes for no reason. Otherwise, I'm loving the game.

iLikebeer
Mac Elite
Jun 9, 2005, 12:38 AM

I finally gave up and never finished it. I was really loving the game too. I never did get that lightsaber though.
On the plus side, I got $3 for selling it to a store that buys used video games.
I wouldn't ever buy another KOTOR game unless it gets really great reviews with no crashes mentioned.

FurionStormrage
Jun 9, 2005, 01:25 PM

KotOR II had the potential to be much better than KotOR I. Despite being on the same game engine (albeit tweaked), it looked worse than I (sub-standard textures) and performs worse than I.

Many of the concepts were good but were completely nerfed in the end because of the cut ending. If a Mac house were to commit to publishing this game, they should do so only by demanding that they can release the game as it was meant to be released instead of the crap that Lucas Arts pulled on Obsidian (demanding it ship before it was done).

If the Mac house ships a direct port of the game I'd recommend saving your money.

Oh, and I have started and finished the game 5 times. In I, I've started about 80 or 90 times and only finished it 4 times. In I, it's more difficult than in II so I spend a lot of time building up custom characters. II is so easy you can just let the computer auto-pick and auto-level your character.
I do not suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it!

Forum Links
Forum Rules