Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > WTB: Headless Mac to use as a server

WTB: Headless Mac to use as a server
Yontsey
May 27, 2007, 11:53 AM

I was looking for something maybe like a G4 tower, G4 iMac, a Cube, mini, something like that. Decent specs. Looking to spend around $100-300, but the cheaper, the better. I hate trying to use PC's as network machines, so I'd rather just buy a cheap Mac and use the monitor, keyboard, and mouse that I have and hook my external hdd's up to it. Does anyone have anything like that other there that they are willing to part with?

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
May 27, 2007, 01:32 PM

Hey, I'm considering selling my Power Mac G4. It's got a 533 MHz G4 with 640 Mb of RAM, an 80 Gb 7,200 RPM HD, a Radeon 9800 Pro, and a 16x Dual Layer SuperDrive. I'm not 100% sure on price, and I'll know later this week if I need to sell it or not.

Yontsey  (op)
May 27, 2007, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by imitchellg5 View Post
Hey, I'm considering selling my Power Mac G4. It's got a 533 MHz G4 with 640 Mb of RAM, an 80 Gb 7,200 RPM HD, a Radeon 9800 Pro, and a 16x Dual Layer SuperDrive. I'm not 100% sure on price, and I'll know later this week if I need to sell it or not.
That'd be awesome. Lemme know what you come up with and well talk some.

Anyone else got any offers?

torpedobird
Forum Regular
May 27, 2007, 05:29 PM

No tie in except an avid lurker of various market places. The headless powerbook may be helpful size wise:

FS: Powerbook G4 (no LCD), BB credit, WRT54Gv3 with panel antenna, Nikon TC-16A - Topic Powered by eve community

TBird

Yontsey  (op)
May 28, 2007, 12:43 AM

I was thinking and I think I may be willing to spend a lil more if I can score a Mini to use as a media center. When did the Mini's start having the remotes on them?

torpedobird
Forum Regular
May 28, 2007, 01:20 AM

The intel switch. Get a G4 one to save cash and buy a usb remote, unless you really need intel. I picked up a mini here for sub $300 (from an awesome member ), and it does everything perfectly.

psychomonkey
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 28, 2007, 01:31 AM

Just like to say I'm also interested in a similar computer.

Forum Links
Forum Rules