Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > DiskCopy Errors

DiskCopy Errors
headbirth
Mac Elite
Nov 19, 2002, 10:24 PM

Hi, hoping someone can help me out here.

I've been running into some odd permissions problems in the last week, but maybe some one can help with this one.

I usually drop my User directory on DiskCopy and create a dmg backup of it on an external firewire drive. Has always worked great....DC will ask for my password and then generate the compressed image. Lately though...well since upgrading to 10.2.2 I think....it does not ask for my password and will get 3/4 of the way through the process and give me this error..."Image Folder operation failed with error 999 (internal error). Another thing that happens near the beginning of the process that never use to happen is that the Finder will give me this notice "You have inserted a disk with no volumes, that MacOS X can read. To use the unreadable volumes click initialize. To continue with the disk inserted, click ignore."

Any ideas?

Forum Links
Forum Rules