Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Crazy Expos� Problems

Crazy Expos� Problems
darkhawk64
Jan 21, 2004, 11:33 PM

Hey everybody-
I'm about to start doing some troubleshooting as to what's causing this problem, but figured I'd see if anyobody has encountered this before. Whenever I use Expos�'s all windows for an application function, any application window behind it isn't greyed out. You can see what I mean by the picture below. I've tiled all of Safari's windows but the Finder window in the background isn't shadowed. I know that ist's a software thing related to my user account because no other accounts have this problem. I just wanted to know if anyone has had this problem and happens to know what is causing it. Thanks in advance!
jared

http://homepage.mac.com/darkhawk64/PhotoAlbum10.html

PS-While creating this thread, I seem to be unable to insert the actual picture into this thread. What's causing this? Thanks again for any advice!
"You don't cuddle up to Max Power. You just strap yourself on and feel the Gs."
-Homer Simpson from "The Simpsons"

Developer
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 22, 2004, 12:59 AM

Problem so far unheard of. Try trashing com.apple.dock.plist in your ~/Library/Preferences/
Nasrudin sat on a river bank when someone shouted to him from the opposite side: "Hey! how do I get across?" "You are across!" Nasrudin shouted back.

Visnaut
Senior User
Jan 22, 2004, 02:37 PM

I have exactly the same type of problem ever since i installed Panther, darkhawk. I didn't realize it doesn't happen in new user accounts, I simply thought it was a video card thing since I'm only running a Rage128 on this thing.

Deleting com.apple.Dock.plist also doesn't work.

lenox
Senior User
Jan 22, 2004, 02:44 PM

edit:

bleh. misunderstood the question. yeah, that is weird.

Boondoggle
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 22, 2004, 09:27 PM

how is your dock being oriented to the left? I'd turn off/uninstall all haxies and see what happens.

bd
1.25GHz PowerBook

i vostri seni sono spettacolari

darkhawk64  (op)
Jan 23, 2004, 01:33 AM

Hey everyone-
After messing around with my prefs a little earlier, I found that it's related to Konfabulator. In my preferences folder, there is a folder called Konfabulator, and one of those was giving it fits. So I just threw that folder away, and re-did my Konfab prefs. Hope this helps someone elso out there!
jared

PS- I've had my Dock that way forever. I did it when with TinkerTool a long, long time ago (I remember reading somewhere that there can be a menu added to the Dock sub-menu called pinning, but I don't remember how to do that).
"You don't cuddle up to Max Power. You just strap yourself on and feel the Gs."
-Homer Simpson from "The Simpsons"

Forum Links
Forum Rules