Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MacBook Pro Firmware update 1.4?

MacBook Pro Firmware update 1.4?
boazh
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 27, 2007, 09:04 PM

Hi,
I have a 2.33 Mhz MacBook Pro, a little less then 1 yeaar old. Today, during the daily software update checks it told me that there is a new firmaware update. I went ahead and downloaded it and installed it as directed... no problems. It was software update 1.4. I was looking for more info about the update on the Apple website like what is the purpose of this update and how it improves the performence of my machine etc. and couldn't find anything Does someone know? Is this a new update or did it just came up on my software update late? (I know that some updates are available on the Apple website only) Just wondering. Any reply will be appreciated!

Cold Warrior
Sep 27, 2007, 09:12 PM

the firmware update improves core 2 duo performance and boot camp improvements on certain systems, your MBP included.
Apple MacBook Pro EFI Firmware 1.4 software download - Mac OS X - VersionTracker

boazh  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 27, 2007, 09:17 PM

...For the reply. Just wondering also if anyone has any feedback on what "performance" improvements they have seen on their Macbook Pros...

Cold Warrior
Sep 27, 2007, 09:31 PM

I just applied it to my own MBP C2D 2.16 GHz model. Don't notice anything different. I'll try boot camp later (I have windows installed) and post if it's improved.

I wish Apple was a bit more specific with the update -- improves performance by x % in this area, resolves this specific issue, etc.

highstakes
Senior User
Sep 28, 2007, 02:32 AM

Didn't notice any increase in performance in this update

maziboss
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 28, 2007, 12:26 PM

hmm i have mbpro 2.2 (santa rosa) and software update doesnt show me firmware for this computer... Could You give me why ?

SVass
Mac Elite
Sep 28, 2007, 12:52 PM

MacFixit has a long-winded explanation about which computers need and do not need the firmware fix.

zaghahzag
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 28, 2007, 01:27 PM

i had no problems either. no noticeable improvement in performance.

dmcnickle
Senior User
Sep 28, 2007, 02:34 PM

I just got a 17" hi-res and it didn't need the firmware update either.

Forum Links
Forum Rules