Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > [ANN] new BBX GUI Overlay Kit - BBX OMEGA�

[ANN] new BBX GUI Overlay Kit - BBX OMEGA� (Page 8)
swiz
GUI Punk
Nov 23, 2003, 03:10 AM

Originally posted by NetworkShadow:
How did you get to use it?
Only BBX has actually used it. Some have seen it.

24" AlumiMac 2.4ghz C2D, 4g Ram, 300g HD, 750g USBHD • 80g iPod • 160g ATV • iPhone 3g

bbxstudio  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 23, 2003, 11:53 AM

How did you get to use it?
I showed PhillRyu a sneak peek to get him to stop harassing me After dozens of private messages, chat invitations, etc. I just couldn't take it anymore I'm just glad it lived up to his expectations.

I'd love to post screenies but I'd hate to see a port hit the airwaves before the real McCoy so that'll have to wait until just before she hits.

Stuphalina
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 23, 2003, 12:59 PM

bbx: does this mean if we harass you enough we get a sneak peak?

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

phillryu
Mac Elite
Nov 23, 2003, 01:21 PM

Originally posted by Stuphalina:
Since I've been harassing him for oh, the last year? (Goes back to mirai), you better get cracking

MacThemes.net Editor in Chief

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Nov 23, 2003, 02:23 PM

Originally posted by Stuphalina:
lol ya expect 10 PMs from everyone who posts on this topic by the end of the day. lol jk As much as I'd love to see it, I'd rather use it.
click one

rhythmicmoose
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 23, 2003, 03:50 PM

I'd rather see it first.

Consider that my harassment, bbx.

eFX
Nov 23, 2003, 04:30 PM

forgotten a fair bit through this thread, but i cant be bothered reading through this again, wont this be rather slaughtering for you if your making it for both Platforms? as in delay or whatever the story is

bbxstudio  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 23, 2003, 04:38 PM

? not sure what the question is...

Hobeaux
Nov 23, 2003, 04:47 PM

Originally posted by bbxstudio:
? not sure what the question is...
I think that his questions are along the line of:

is making the Omega theme for multiple platforms/OSes either causing comprimizes in the work that you're doing for any one platform, or perhaps causing the theme to be delayed unnecessarily--perhaps even risking burnout to the point of not finishing the theme for any OS/platform?
damn straight--or on the rocks, i'm not picky.

bbxstudio  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 23, 2003, 05:47 PM

Originally posted by Hobeaux:
I think that his questions are along the line of:

is making the Omega theme for multiple platforms/OSes either causing comprimizes in the work that you're doing for any one platform, or perhaps causing the theme to be delayed unnecessarily--perhaps even risking burnout to the point of not finishing the theme for any OS/platform?
no, no, and no I'm only doing the Mac version myself - someone else is doing the XP translation (with original resources and some direction)... still on track, no burnout yet.

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Nov 23, 2003, 08:23 PM

no, no, and no I'm only doing the Mac version myself - someone else is doing the XP translation (with original resources and some direction)... still on track, no burnout yet.
It depends on the Shape Shifter update though? New features it needs to look right?
click one

christianclark
Forum Regular
Nov 23, 2003, 09:19 PM

It depends on the Shape Shifter update though? New features it needs to look right?
It would suck if Omega won't look right with shapeshifter.

Christian

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Nov 23, 2003, 09:47 PM

Originally posted by christianclark:

Christian
He already said it HAS TO use Shape Shifter. And I heard that Shape Shifter has to be updated for it to look 100%. So the release of Omega I would suspect depends on the next Shape Shifter update.
click one

drnkn_stylz
Senior User
Nov 24, 2003, 12:05 PM

bbx: What do you have to add/change about Omega for use with ShapeShifter?

andretan
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 24, 2003, 02:00 PM

Originally posted by christianclark:

Christian
I think it would suck even more if it wouldn't work with ThemeChanger. :/

If it does, what would the differences be as compared to using SS vs TC?

Still looking forward to OMEGA�
mac.goodies webstore / Switched to an iBook in November 2002. Never looking back.
iBook R.I.P. 20 Nov 2002 - 2 Aug 2005
Hello Leopard! On iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 2GB, iPod 5th gen 30GB and iPhone

Cerbero
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 24, 2003, 02:31 PM

Originally posted by andretan:
I think it would suck even more if it wouldn't work with ThemeChanger. :/

If it does, what would the differences be as compared to using SS vs TC?

Still looking forward to OMEGA�
Text colors and stuff like that I suppose. Would probably not be very usable without SS.

quandarry
Nov 24, 2003, 02:36 PM

phillryu
Mac Elite
Nov 24, 2003, 04:12 PM

Originally posted by quandarry:
Just from seeing it, I can tell you that there's many cool things that make this theme impossible without SS. Trust me, without SS (aka on ThemeChanger) it wouldn't look nearly as cool. (Is it ok if I say this Bill? )

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Nov 24, 2003, 04:25 PM

Originally posted by phillryu:
Just from seeing it, I can tell you that there's many cool things that make this theme impossible without SS. Trust me, without SS (aka on ThemeChanger) it wouldn't look nearly as cool. (Is it ok if I say this Bill? )
He did say that he's not going to bother with anything but Shape Shifter since just hacking Aqua is too limited.
click one

sheer
Forum Regular
Nov 24, 2003, 05:34 PM

Why do a Win version? If you don't give permission for a port surely even the windows guys can respect that...

I just don't understand you putting in all the time and effort with (a) the theme and (b) shapeshifter (which is a pay-for deal) only to give the jewel in the crown (the theme) away to the windows lot who don't need to pay for theme switching software assuming it's gonna be a vs.

I suppose my main gripe here is that Omega is somewhat devalued (IMO) by not being a Mac-exclusive and I want to see (and have) themes on my Mac that aren't on every other win users desktop, otherwise we may as well all stick with Aqua.

This is more curiosity than a flame btw and I hope you can understand where I'm coming from

Cerbero
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 24, 2003, 05:53 PM

Originally posted by sheer:
Why do a Win version? If you don't give permission for a port surely even the windows guys can respect that...

I just don't understand you putting in all the time and effort with (a) the theme and (b) shapeshifter (which is a pay-for deal) only to give the jewel in the crown (the theme) away to the windows lot who don't need to pay for theme switching software assuming it's gonna be a vs.

I suppose my main gripe here is that Omega is somewhat devalued (IMO) by not being a Mac-exclusive and I want to see (and have) themes on my Mac that aren't on every other win users desktop, otherwise we may as well all stick with Aqua.

This is more curiosity than a flame btw and I hope you can understand where I'm coming from
The problem is, the Windows people (Some! No shadow to fall on the professional themers on the Win platform) would probably not respect that, so it's better for Billy to have an authorized and supervised port which is at least somewhat close to his own standards, than having a number of half-assed hack job themes, made from screenshots, floating around.

sheer
Forum Regular
Nov 24, 2003, 06:24 PM

Originally posted by Cerbero:
The problem is, the Windows people (Some! No shadow to fall on the professional themers on the Win platform) would probably not respect that, so it's better for Billy to have an authorized and supervised port which is at least somewhat close to his own standards, than having a number of half-assed hack job themes, made from screenshots, floating around.
dood, that much I know already, my question (if you read it properly) was for bbx, k

Bobby
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 24, 2003, 06:27 PM

C'mon, no 1" x 1/2" snapshot of the title bar buttons?

swiz
GUI Punk
Nov 24, 2003, 08:15 PM

Originally posted by sheer:
dood, that much I know already, my question (if you read it properly) was for bbx, k
If you knew that much already than what was the reason for the question?
Anyone who has read Bills posts in this thread already knows that.

24" AlumiMac 2.4ghz C2D, 4g Ram, 300g HD, 750g USBHD • 80g iPod • 160g ATV • iPhone 3g

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Nov 24, 2003, 08:40 PM

Originally posted by swiz:
Indeed.
click one

fireside
Professional Poster
Nov 24, 2003, 11:37 PM

thats pretty lame, making us pay 20 bucks for a theme. why didnt you just wait till Omega was done till you guys released SS? it would have made since, cause now people wont be able to use it cause the fifteen days will probably be up before bbx can finish the damn thing up. i highly doubt anyone can get as far as you could bbx if you released just a little screen shot of SOMETHING. dont make me right a script to pm you every minute till you show the damn thing to me ;D

Lord Sith
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 24, 2003, 11:44 PM

Originally posted by fireside:
thats pretty lame, making us pay 20 bucks for a theme. why didnt you just wait till Omega was done till you guys released SS? it would have made since, cause now people wont be able to use it cause the fifteen days will probably be up before bbx can finish the damn thing up. i highly doubt anyone can get as far as you could bbx if you released just a little screen shot of SOMETHING. dont make me right a script to pm you every minute till you show the damn thing to me ;D
It's a business move, plain and simple (and a good one too <wink>) that I have no problems with.

They (themers) deserve something in return for their hard work and the constant critcism they receive.

I say, it's about time someone bottled this up and put a label on it.......... behold, ShapeShifter.

zboy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 25, 2003, 12:35 AM

Don't the themers have to pay $20 just to make themes? ThemePark isn't freeware..it's shareware. And none of them charge any money for their themes. ShapeShifter may cost $20, but bbx doesn't work for unsanity. Omega will be free for the taking when it's released (unless I'm really missing something).

mrtew
Professional Poster
Nov 25, 2003, 12:40 AM

Originally posted by zboy:
Don't the themers have to pay $20 just to make themes? ThemePark isn't freeware..it's shareware. And none of them charge any money for their themes. ShapeShifter may cost $20, but bbx doesn't work for unsanity. Omega will be free for the taking when it's released (unless I'm really missing something).

Yeah, I've spent two years making and remaking my one theme and I had to pay $20 for ThemePark and will have to pay another $20 for Shapeshifter if I want that and of course have never made a penny from it. Whereas people that like my theme can always have it for free and install it for free with ThemeChanger. Maybe the 'Top' themers are getting a cut from the SS money but none of the other ones are, were just paying out to provide themes for everyone else!

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Nov 25, 2003, 12:57 AM

Bla bla bla... ya we've hard that before about 100 times the day ShapeShifter was out!

Why did they make Shape Shifter? To over come the limits of themeing that's why.
You paid for OS X so why not Shape Shifter also? It's a good peace of software that allows themers to make themes the way they should be on OS X, and makes themes safe. $20 is a small price to pay for their hard work. Now I'm getting sick of hearing this so I think it's time to drop the "Why do I have to pay for ShapeShifter" topic...
click one

Mike S.
Senior User
Nov 25, 2003, 01:03 AM

On the whole issue of having to pay for Shapeshifter; let's be honest here, there are ways to get around paying for it if it really bothers you that much.

This is true of just about any software and "intellectual property" in general.

Buy it or don't but please stop the complaining about Shapeshifter's price. It will ultimately take themes to the next level so it's a good thing, IMO. It means themers are no longer at the whims of Apple, who couldn't care less about giving end users the ability to change their UI.

Cerbero
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 25, 2003, 02:31 AM

I'd rather pay 20 bucks and get a theme that looks as it's supposed to look than get a crippled version that might even be unusable (because of the text colors et all, I haven't seen it so I don't know what other advantages it will have in SS as opposed to a regular theme) for free.. But that's just me

ArcticBear
Nov 25, 2003, 10:27 AM

I was happy to be able to register both ThemePark and ShapeShifter. It's my way of saying "thank you!" to the people who are writing the software and an investment/push for them to continue to develop it.

Rock on guys!

bbxstudio  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 25, 2003, 11:55 AM

Originally posted by drnkn_stylz:
bbx: What do you have to add/change about Omega for use with ShapeShifter?
Nothing - it's been built for ShapeShifter from the beginning... but there's some fancy footwork in there that needs a little extra attention to make reality (but will then be available to all SS themes, much like menuenhancer appeared and was then made available to all)... the difference being that the funky stuff in Omega really does require SS to happen, there's just no way around it.

codywalton
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 25, 2003, 12:01 PM

Originally posted by ArcticBear:
I was happy to be able to register both ThemePark and ShapeShifter. It's my way of saying "thank you!" to the people who are writing the software and an investment/push for them to continue to develop it.

Rock on guys!
Exactly. I can't beleive how many cheapskates there are in here who don't think it's worth the $20 for SS, or for ThemePark. These guys put in a lot of work, show theym you appreciate it.

bbxstudio  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 25, 2003, 12:12 PM

thats pretty lame, making us pay 20 bucks for a theme. why didnt you just wait till Omega was done till you guys released SS?
You're not paying $20 for a theme, you're paying $20 to cover the costs of development and distribution of ShapeShifter... it's not about 1 theme - it's about being able to use your favourite themes without borking your system, about having themes work properly in Panther, but most importantly about being able to use themes that take advantage of all the things only ShapeShifter will enable - make no mistake, there's some serious wacko stuff bubbling behind the scenes... I only know about a portion of what's coming and that alone has convinced me 100% that ShapeShifter is the future of OSX themes.

We didn't release Omega with SS because the release date for SS was moved up for Panther and Omega (and the features it takes advantage of) still needed work.
( Last edited by bbxstudio; Nov 25, 2003 at 12:39 PM. )

bbxstudio  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 25, 2003, 12:39 PM

Originally posted by mrtew:
Yeah, I've spent two years making and remaking my one theme and I had to pay $20 for ThemePark and will have to pay another $20 for Shapeshifter if I want that and of course have never made a penny from it. Whereas people that like my theme can always have it for free and install it for free with ThemeChanger. Maybe the 'Top' themers are getting a cut from the SS money but none of the other ones are, were just paying out to provide themes for everyone else!
1. The money you paid for ThemePark was well worth it considering the work that was put into creating it and the power it gave you to create themes. Your license will last for the life of the application and (hello?) we've all paid for ThemePark.

2. Same goes for ShapeShifter - if you want to take advantage of the features it delivers from either/both a user/themer perspective, it's only fair that you do your part in covering the cost of development/distribution/support like everybody else (BTW, my investment has gone far far beyond the $20 you pay - I've lost thousands for the privilege of participating).

3. Nobody's stopping you from: moving on to another theme; charging for your themes if you feel they're worth charging for; developing for ThemeChanger; or anything else... also, nobody is forcing you to support SS - but as a theme designer, one would think you'd be happy about what it makes possible (some people I guess).

4. You've had a real chip on your shoulder about the 'top' theme designer reference in the teaser/reveal poster from the very beginning - relax, it's called 'marketing' dude... nobody's actually implying there's a hierarchy, there is no 'top' themer club, you were never intentionally excluded from participation, nobody is saying anybody is more deserving to be called a 'top' theme designer than anyone else... it's just copy (and trust me, nobody else thought it was implying you weren't a 'top' themer) so don't take it so personally.

5. There's no bribery taking place behind the scenes to illicit the support of those of us who've announced it - the simple truth is that we helped develop SS in a very real way and many of the features/future features within are there as a direct result of our participation - we have a vested interest in seeing it succeed because we know it will make the masterpieces of our imaginations become a reality. I'll say it again: we've all lost serious money by participating - all you lose is $20.

In conclusion, stop whining .
( Last edited by bbxstudio; Nov 25, 2003 at 12:57 PM. )

bbxstudio  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 25, 2003, 01:06 PM

Originally posted by zboy:
Omega will be free for the taking when it's released (unless I'm really missing something).
It will be a free (albeit near commercial-quality) design for all zgrrls and zboyz. I've tweaked, refined, redesigned and redefined for many hundreds of hours to make it as cool as it can possibly be... there are no (avoidable) inconsistencies, fubbed shadows/masks, bad tiles, out of place pixels to speak of - I've given it the same attention to detail (even more) that I give to my commercial interface work. It will also do things no OSX theme to date has done

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2003, 02:00 PM

were just paying out to provide themes for everyone else!
then stop making themes?

sheer
Forum Regular
Nov 25, 2003, 02:25 PM

You obviously read all my original question carefully then.

Which I have done but thanks for jumping to a conclusion.

I did put at the end of my original post it wasn't a flame, but if that's what you want, go ahead, the floor is yours

I'm really sorry for trying (originally) to make what I saw as a legitimate point and question something. I never realised that wasn't the done thing around here. The fact that someone else chose to throw in an answer, albeit to a small part of my original post, rather than bbx didn't help.

Maybe you should try and see the significance that Omega potentially has on sales of ShapeShifter and maybe then you'll get a better idea of where I'm coming from...

Trekkie
Forum Regular
Nov 25, 2003, 02:46 PM

It will also do things no OSX theme to date has done
So will it make me coffee in the morning?
-Trekkie
To point, click and boldly go...

phillryu
Mac Elite
Nov 25, 2003, 04:46 PM

Originally posted by Trekkie:
So will it make me coffee in the morning?
Bill can I PLEEEASE tell him!

bbxstudio  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 25, 2003, 06:18 PM

Bill can I PLEEEASE tell him!
That it makes coffee? Just don't say anything about the new stuff it does.

phillryu
Mac Elite
Nov 25, 2003, 06:27 PM

BBX: Omega features a polychromatic based surface texture inserted into hydraulic titanium pumps that pulsate coffe granules through darth vaderesque rubber gaskets, and generates the finest cup of coffee you'll ever have.

cSurfr
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 25, 2003, 06:28 PM

That it makes coffee? Just don't say anything about the new stuff it does.

Is there a new ETA on the theme yet ? Last I heard, it was gonna be a couple weeks...it has been a couple weeks.

cs
-How pumped would you be driving home from work, knowing someplace in your house there's a monkey you're gonna battle?

phillryu
Mac Elite
Nov 25, 2003, 06:32 PM

Bill's fixing the coffee filtering technology, it blew out a few days ago. I think he said that would hold him up for a few more weeks still.

cSurfr
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 25, 2003, 06:55 PM

Bill's fixing the coffee filtering technology, it blew out a few days ago. I think he said that would hold him up for a few more weeks still.

Maybe he can toss in an espresso add-on ?
-How pumped would you be driving home from work, knowing someplace in your house there's a monkey you're gonna battle?

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Nov 25, 2003, 07:14 PM

So what kinda of time frame are we looking at for the tweaking of SS and release of Omega?
click one

mrtew
Professional Poster
Nov 25, 2003, 08:14 PM

1. The money you paid for ThemePark was well worth it considering the work that was put into creating it and the power it gave you to create themes. Your license will last for the life of the application and (hello?) we've all paid for ThemePark.
I was just saying that us themers aren't making money on themes, we are paying money for the privilege of being a themer. I was defending you at that point from people who asked why you are making money off theming!

2. Same goes for ShapeShifter - if you want to take advantage of the features it delivers from either/both a user/themer perspective, it's only fair that you do your part in covering the cost of development/distribution/support like everybody else (BTW, my investment has gone far far beyond the $20 you pay - I've lost thousands for the privilege of participating).
What are you talking about?

3. Nobody's stopping you from: moving on to another theme; charging for your themes if you feel they're worth charging for; developing for ThemeChanger; or anything else... also, nobody is forcing you to support SS - but as a theme designer, one would think you'd be happy about what it makes possible (some people I guess).
I obviously don't feel that my theme is worth charging for and you don't have to rub it in! :-] I may be happy to pay for SS when I find out what it does. Most of it's future features are a mystery to me still too and so far my theme works fine with TC. I will probably buy it the moment I see your theme released like most people since it sounds really beautiful and it right down my alley. I love dark themes (I used DSX for a year even thought I couldn't read half the type) and your preview icons and poster look HOT as does your other work I've seen.

4. You've had a real chip on your shoulder about the 'top' theme designer reference in the teaser/reveal poster from the very beginning - relax, it's called 'marketing' dude... nobody's actually implying there's a hierarchy, there is no 'top' themer club, you were never intentionally excluded from participation, nobody is saying anybody is more deserving to be called a 'top' theme designer than anyone else... it's just copy (and trust me, nobody else thought it was implying you weren't a 'top' themer) so don't take it so personally.
Well, you have to admit that you'd be a little jealous if you were totally into theming for OSX since the day it came out, and when you announced a new version of your theme five people would say they like it a lot, and someone who produces a steady stream of hype for 6 months and really nothing else is universally acclaimed as the best OSX themer EVER and people beg for pages and pages to pay for one little glimpse. I know you spend more time marketing that I do theming and much more time theming than marketing, but I did feel a little snubbed for being totally left out of SS especially since I make a dark theme that people say they might use but they can't see the black type. And anyone as knowledgeable about advertising as you are knows very well that if they bill themselves as the 'top' they are knocking down the others in the field who might then become a touch bitter and sarcastic! :-]

5. There's no bribery taking place behind the scenes to illicit the support of those of us who've announced it - the simple truth is that we helped develop SS in a very real way and many of the features/future features within are there as a direct result of our participation - we have a vested interest in seeing it succeed because we know it will make the masterpieces of our imaginations become a reality. I'll say it again: we've all lost serious money by participating - all you lose is $20.
I can't wait to see the new features! Maybe it will inspire me to make another theme after all! I've thanked Jason for making ThemePark before and I will probably thank him and you for making SS once I understand all it makes possible.

In conclusion, stop whining .
Thanks... I needed that! I will try! :-]

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

bbxstudio  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 25, 2003, 10:06 PM

I was just saying that us themers aren't making money on themes, we are paying money for the privilege of being a themer. I was defending you at that point from people who asked why you are making money off theming!
Sorry Tew - I think I misunderstood the tone of your post... it really did read to me like a whine-fest first thing this morning, but after the calm tone of your response I'm sure I misunderstood your position. I realize now you were simply stating that ALL themers have made a financial sacrifice to do this stuff and using yourself as an example... whereas this morning I thought you were saying 'these guys are making money but I'm bleeding it'. Please forgive my rush to judgement

What are you talking about?
I think I was saying 'SS is worth it if you're a themer' and you should count yourself lucky that you're only out $20 as opposed to the money I'm out (I've turned down a lot of paying work over the past few months just to be able to work on Omega and participate in the SS thing).

I obviously don't feel that my theme is worth charging for and you don't have to rub it in! :-]
I wasn't saying that at all - I'd never tell you your theme wasn't worth charging for (even if I thought as much). I may retort when I disagree with somebody's position, but you'll never see me put somebody's efforts down as unworthy or belittle somebody for creating something I don't happen to like (and I'm not saying I don't like your theme).

I may be happy to pay for SS when I find out what it does. Most of it's future features are a mystery to me still too and so far my theme works fine with TC.
I wish I could tell you more, but I'm sworn to secrecy... for now it gives you trouble-free themes, Panther-compatibility and customizable text colors - in the future the sky really is the limit.

I will probably buy it the moment I see your theme released like most people since it sounds really beautiful and it right down my alley. I love dark themes (I used DSX for a year even thought I couldn't read half the type) and your preview icons and poster look HOT as does your other work I've seen.
Thanks Tew - If you like dark themes, you'll love this one... it really is the slickest dark theme I've seen in a long time.

Well, you have to admit that you'd be a little jealous if you were totally into theming for OSX since the day it came out, and when you announced a new version of your theme five people would say they like it a lot, and someone who produces a steady stream of hype for 6 months and really nothing else is universally acclaimed as the best OSX themer EVER and people beg for pages and pages to pay for one little glimpse.
Touch�. I can see why you might despise me then I guess I can't argue with that - I'll just have to make up for it by trying to live up to everybody's expectations.

And anyone as knowledgeable about advertising as you are knows very well that if they bill themselves as the 'top' they are knocking down the others in the field who might then become a touch bitter and sarcastic!
It wasn't me speaking though, now was it? It was the entity known as Unsanity (yeah okay, so I wrote the copy) speaking to the unwashed masses (those who've heard of themes and may or may not have been brave enough to use them, not themers). It wouldn't have been as effective if it said 'what would happen if a bunch of themers...' now would it? It really was just in there to hype SS's pedigree, not elevate or put down any individual themers. As for being excluded from the process, I'm sure it wasn't intentional - Max, Swiz, Smeg and myself are all in each other's faces all the time anyways... I think the group involved just fell into place by default.

Forum Links
Forum Rules