Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Need some answers please

Need some answers please
chinatown
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 10, 2005, 12:48 PM

First of hello to everyone, this is my first posting.
Now the problem: I have a website www.chinatownconnection.com and it has issues with mac safari browser. If yall can go look, you will see some of the issues I am about to address:

1. When there is a hyperlink, I decide not to underline it when created using dreamweaver. However, when it shows up on safari, it is still underlined. In fact, the underline stretches farther and farther. This happens in the food & dining page. Can anyone help me as to why this occurs?

2. With picture placement, everything looks fine is IE and Firefox, but Safari it would be off by a little bit, for instance the homepage where I have the weather square picture. It is not aligned correctly.

3. Fonts: Are safari fonts different from IE? Because those fonts that show up on Safari are not the ones I used.

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it!!

mishakim
Forum Regular
Aug 10, 2005, 12:58 PM

I'm afraid I can't be much help, the fonts look the same to me on FireFox and Safari, just different size. Hyperlink underlining, it could just be that safari doesn't let you break the user experience by not underlining - that is, you shouldn't do it, the problem is that other browsers let you.

You'd probably get more help if you post to the Web Developer forum (a few down from this one) and used a subject that actually referred to the problem, i.e. "need help with appearance in Safari"

budster101
Baninated
Location: Illinois might be cold and flat, but at least it's ugly.
Aug 10, 2005, 01:02 PM

DP.

budster101
Baninated
Location: Illinois might be cold and flat, but at least it's ugly.
Aug 10, 2005, 01:04 PM

Looks ok to me, but your "Weather Widget" is a skew... a tad.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34...nWebPortal.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34...WebPortal2.jpg

You need to embed the fonts, othewise they'll go to the user defaults... which could be Verdana, Helvetica, etcetera.

http://validator.w3.org/

chinatown  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 10, 2005, 11:30 PM

thanks for yall help!

Forum Links
Forum Rules