Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Pictures of your iMac setup

Pictures of your iMac setup (Page 10)
thiagofll
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 2, 2005, 08:35 PM

How do I add pictures here if I don't have it posted online???

saxondale.
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 2, 2005, 09:43 PM

I wonder what this could be :shifty:

:woot: 3Yr Apple Care

Yay!

Oh my dear God! It's my iMac! :woot: :woot:

Another pose

Up and running

saxondale.
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 2, 2005, 09:44 PM

Love the Remote :blush:

Just look at it! Simply stunning :happy:

In its glory

What a nice couple

Such a great design

The set up

The picture speaks for itself

jaydon34
Senior User
Dec 2, 2005, 10:03 PM

Man i want one so badd. Cant wait till intel macs are released so that I can upgrade from my ibook
myflickr : mytwitter : twentyonethirty
17" Macbook Pro 2.6Ghz 4gb 200GB HD: 8gb Iphone 3g: Hp Mini 1000 Netbook

jjlannoo
Forum Regular
Dec 2, 2005, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by jaydon34
Man i want one so badd. Cant wait till intel macs are released so that I can upgrade from my ibook
For a intel iMac Your going to be waiting awhile. Why not pick one up? Or are you a gamer?.

jjlannoo
Forum Regular
Dec 2, 2005, 10:31 PM

Well My brother borrowed the good camera again. LOL

I decided I wanted the 20" so the 17" on the left there is up on E-bay

jaydon34
Senior User
Dec 3, 2005, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by jjlannoo
For a intel iMac Your going to be waiting awhile. Why not pick one up? Or are you a gamer?.

nah not a gamer but i have a g4 ibook to hold me over till the transition is made
myflickr : mytwitter : twentyonethirty
17" Macbook Pro 2.6Ghz 4gb 200GB HD: 8gb Iphone 3g: Hp Mini 1000 Netbook

thiagofll
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 3, 2005, 12:58 AM

imac
( Last edited by thiagofll; Dec 3, 2005 at 01:20 AM. )

thiagofll
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 3, 2005, 01:18 AM

url
( Last edited by thiagofll; Jan 1, 2006 at 08:33 PM. )

bembol
Dec 3, 2005, 01:27 AM

Congrats saxondale

Love the setup thiagofll

jjlannoo
Forum Regular
Dec 3, 2005, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by thiagofll

iMac G5 1.9 What do you guys think? Does it look too small on my desk? Should I buy the 20 inch?

]

Not if your happy with the 17" keep it.

I made the mistake of buying a 20" dell flat screen for my PC earlier this year. While it had terrible back lighting problems. I returned it 3 times then gave up and got a refund. It was big and beautiful during the day. Thinking back I never should have tried to go with the 17" after owning that. Oh well I fixed My problem today.

thiagofll
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 3, 2005, 01:41 AM

thanks for the replies...Maybe I should keep it...I will save my money for the next intel iMac...I upgraded my 17 inch with 1.5 GB RAM, it should do for a year or so...

thiagofll
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 3, 2005, 09:42 AM

jjannoo: Why did you buy the 20 inch and u are getting rid of the 17 inch? 17 inch screen was too small?

Commodus
Mac Elite
Dec 3, 2005, 12:58 PM

If you've used a 20" iMac for a significant amount of time, the 17" model seems downright tiny. I would stick with the 17" if I wasn't going to do a lot of multitasking, though.
24-inch iMac Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz

thiagofll
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 3, 2005, 12:59 PM

thanks Commodus

thiagofll
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 3, 2005, 01:02 PM

Where's Everyone at?

Miami, FL USA here....

saxondale.
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 3, 2005, 01:18 PM

Nottingham, England (UK)

thiagofll
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 3, 2005, 01:23 PM

Cool

jjlannoo
Forum Regular
Dec 3, 2005, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by thiagofll
jjannoo: Why did you buy the 20 inch and u are getting rid of the 17 inch? 17 inch screen was too small?

Yea thats it really. Though The bigger hard-drive is nice as well. Like I had said in another post I owned a 20" monitor for a short while (ended up returning it) before buying the iMac. So I was spoiled by the size. If you have never had it I dont think it would be a big deal. I just screwed up and it will probably cost me a couple hundred.

Thank the Gods Apples have such great resale value. I know I will have no trouble selling it.

His Dudeness
Mac Elite
Dec 4, 2005, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by jaydon34

Why wait? The G5 iMac ain't no slouch. I looooove mine.

His Dudeness
Mac Elite
Dec 4, 2005, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by saxondale.
Nottingham, England (UK)

Send me some good beer!

ndptal85
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 6, 2005, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by quiklee
anyone know of a comfortable, but affordable chair . . . . something like the Herman Miller office chair . . . you know, the one made of mesh?
I have the blue version of this chair: http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/st...2576:SS1025311

Its amazingly comfortable and as light as a feather. And its very inexpensive. The Aeron would have to go out of its way to top this. ;-)
Main Computer and EyeTV 200 DVR: Mac Mini Core Duo 1.66Ghz 2GB Ram 160GB HD.
Road Warrior: MacBook White 2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo 2GB Ram 80GB HD.
Kubuntu Book: Dell Lattitude C400 running Kubuntu Linux 6.06 1.33 Pentium 3 CPU 1GB RAM 40GB HD with Creative laptop speakers (it only has one speaker).

zign
Forum Regular
Dec 14, 2005, 12:29 AM

15.4 MBP 2.33Ghz C2D, 3Gb, 120Gb HD, 256MB X1600, 10.5.1
iPhone 8GB
http://palitsyn.com

[email protected]
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 14, 2005, 01:19 AM

I get new imac 20 at 2 december: here is a photo of my imac setup

Commodus
Mac Elite
Dec 14, 2005, 11:41 AM

Nice and clean, just the way we like it! I should post my own setup again - I've long-since migrated my data and cleaned up the desk area.
24-inch iMac Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz

quiklee
Senior User
Dec 15, 2005, 04:13 PM

Hi Everyone,

You got some really nice setups here. . . . . I was wonder if you guys could post your Cable Management Setups too . . . I have 2 external hard drives, a printer, my ipod, keyboard, mouse, and a digicam dock . . . . so it's starting to look like spaghetti around my desk . . . .

btw - check out this new iMac Gallery and post there if you'd like - http://www.caMiNation.com/gallery

Best,
I am part of Lakers Nation and love to buy Used Golf Clubs

twistmac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 16, 2005, 02:26 AM

that's mine
( Last edited by twistmac; Dec 16, 2005 at 04:29 PM. )

Chinasaur
Senior User
Dec 30, 2005, 01:53 AM

Horrible picture..sorry.

I don't cook, so it's safe by the gas stove. And yes, I have a cheapo keyboard and mouse hooked to it. Couldn't bring myself to unpack/hookup the pristine new KB and mouse

My kitchen is not heated, so it's a good place for my iMac running Dnet OGR 24/7

I know it's an odd place for it..but I think it kinda fits in

iMac - Late 2015 iMac, 32GB RAM
MacBook - 2010 MacBook, 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM

buggsuperstar
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 30, 2005, 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by Chinasaur
Horrible picture..sorry.

I don't cook, so it's safe by the gas stove. And yes, I have a cheapo keyboard and mouse hooked to it. Couldn't bring myself to unpack/hookup the pristine new KB and mouse

My kitchen is not heated, so it's a good place for my iMac running Dnet OGR 24/7

I know it's an odd place for it..but I think it kinda fits in

*image snip*
Excellent!

It looks right at home next to the other appliances... just one of the boys. hahahahhaah

Stecchino
Forum Regular
Dec 30, 2005, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Timan
My second iMac arrived this morning.
More Photos
Thanks for sharing the photos. I'm expecting my new 17" iMac next week and this was a fun way to preview all the specifics.

blindemboss
Forum Regular
Dec 30, 2005, 02:08 PM

Here's a pic of my new refurb B iMac 20" alongside my old 15" G4 iMac.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/blindemboss/my_photos

t6hawk
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 31, 2005, 11:38 PM

Here's a shot of my iMac setup.

http://flickr.com/photos/t6hawk/76692882/
:)

thiagofll
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 1, 2006, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by quiklee
Hi Everyone,

You got some really nice setups here. . . . . I was wonder if you guys could post your Cable Management Setups too . . . I have 2 external hard drives, a printer, my ipod, keyboard, mouse, and a digicam dock . . . . so it's starting to look like spaghetti around my desk . . . .

btw - check out this new iMac Gallery and post there if you'd like - http://www.caMiNation.com/gallery

Best,

Here's what I do. My desk gets cluttered easily, so I get Scotch Tape and tape everything behind the desk and some under the desk and if there are extra cables, I twist tie them. If you look at my setup you will see that I have a fax machine (phone cable + AC cables) Printer (AC Cable + USB Cable), Scanner (USB Cable), DSL Modem (AC Cable+Phone line + ethernet cable), iPod (USB Cable), Digital Camera (USB Cable), Speaker cables, desk lamp cable, mouse and keyboard and yet it looks clean as if everything is wireless(if you look at the black cable on the right hand side that's the only cable that connects everything to the AC Power)...anyone have similar problem, should try it, I did the same thing with my entertainment system.. =)

PS: If you have problems with the cables showing behind your iMac, twist tie them all together and they will disappear (you won't be able to see them) behind the aluminum base as they will be all tied together in a strip......

iMac 2.1 Ghz 20 inch Display 1.5 GB DDR2, JBL Creature II speakers and iPod Video 60GB..

( Last edited by thiagofll; Jan 1, 2006 at 01:50 PM. )

thiagofll
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 1, 2006, 01:30 AM

( Last edited by thiagofll; Jan 1, 2006 at 01:40 AM. )

Mr Kino
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 1, 2006, 01:36 AM

I think i would win for the messiest iMac set up. But here goes anyways.

Btw i have the imac spanning onto the 19" crt to the right. The imac took the place of the iBook that is on the left.

hldan
Mac Elite
Jan 1, 2006, 02:58 AM

iMac 24" 2.8 Ghz Core 2 Extreme
500GB HDD
4GB Ram
Proud new Owner!

hldan
Mac Elite
Jan 1, 2006, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Kino
I think i would win for the messiest iMac set up. But here goes anyways.

Btw i have the imac spanning onto the 19" crt to the right. The imac took the place of the iBook that is on the left.

Hmm, tacky and messy. What's with the stickies? What's wrong with the widgets? Hideous mess.
500GB HDD
4GB Ram
Proud new Owner!

iREZ
Professional Poster
Jan 1, 2006, 04:26 AM

i like it...lay off the guy. although cleanliness=godliness, i prefer to be messy, messy=busy and busy is a good thing .
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

hldan
Mac Elite
Jan 1, 2006, 12:46 PM

500GB HDD
4GB Ram
Proud new Owner!

hldan
Mac Elite
Jan 1, 2006, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by iREZ
i like it...lay off the guy. although cleanliness=godliness, i prefer to be messy, messy=busy and busy is a good thing .
Uh excuse me iREZ, the guy (as you call him) already mentioned that he would get the prize for the messiest set up. I did nothing but agree with him. Also a cluttered desk is a cluttered mind. I don't see any evidence of being busy, I see drinks, napkins and open candy bar wrappers surrounding an otherwise beautiful new computer.
500GB HDD
4GB Ram
Proud new Owner!

Simon
Posting Junkie
Jan 1, 2006, 01:37 PM

Uh excuse me hldan, before you continue to drop deep insights like the above on us mere mortals, maybe you could try to remove the unnecessary pic in your reply (as per the guidelines of this board, which you agreed to when you acquired a user name) and save us some download time. Many thanks.

And then, if you still feel the need, you may continue to lecture us on the importance of tidiness.

hldan
Mac Elite
Jan 1, 2006, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Simon
Uh excuse me hldan, before you continue to drop deep insights like the above on us mere mortals, maybe you could try to remove the unnecessary pic in your reply (as per the guidelines of this board, which you agreed to when you acquired a user name) and save us some download time. Many thanks.

And then, if you still feel the need, you may continue to lecture us on the importance of tidiness.
Uh, excuse me Simon, there's no pic in my comments. What R U talking about?
I think U R accusing the wrong person. Not to argue with you because this will be my last reply on this subject, but I have a right to reply to anyone's posting with my opinions as long as I am not threating anyone or using derogatory comments. Happy New Year.
( Last edited by hldan; Jan 1, 2006 at 05:31 PM. )
500GB HDD
4GB Ram
Proud new Owner!

thiagofll
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 1, 2006, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by hldan
Uh, excuse me Simon, there's no pic in my comments. What R U talking about?
I think U R accusing the wrong person. Not to argue with you because this will be my last reply on this subject, but I have a right to reply to anyone's posting with my opinions as long as I am not threating anyone or using derogatory comments. Happy New Year.

TRUE. You have the right to state whether you like it or not, otherwise why would you post your set up for? I like honest opinions, if people don't like it, they are entitled to their own opinions. People shouldn't get offended by criticism, it is a way to better something!

SIMON: You probably confused Hidan with me, I posted the pictures, replying to someone who wanted ideas on cable management! Read before you open your mouth!

Feeling stupid now? Thought so...
( Last edited by thiagofll; Jan 1, 2006 at 06:11 PM. )

Simon
Posting Junkie
Jan 1, 2006, 06:20 PM

Um, no. I meant exactly what I wrote. hldan quoted Mr Kino's entire post including the huge pic just to write one single line by himself. The guidelines of this forum say that normally you should remove the pic when you reply. He didn't.

Now, why should I be feeling stupid?

thiagofll
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 1, 2006, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Simon
Um, no. I meant exactly what I wrote. hldan quoted Mr Kino's entire post including the huge pic just to write one single line by himself. The guidelines of this forum say that normally you should remove the pic when you reply. He didn't.

Now, why should I be feeling stupid?
You tell me! Why crucify the guy for the fact that he had a different opinion than yours " Mr. Mortal" ? He in any way was lecturing about tidiness he was only giving his opinion on what he thought. And you obviously thought that my post was a lecture from him on how to be clean...

No Comments...
Felt guilty cuz u r too lazy to clean up ur mess?

harrisjamieh
Mac Elite
Jan 1, 2006, 06:42 PM

Shutup. This entire forum is becoming just a huge web of arguments. NOW, less pointless arguing and more pics! This is after all, a picture thread
iMac Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 1.25GB RAM | 160HD, MacBook Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 13.3" | 60HD | 1.0GB RAM

jackhandy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 1, 2006, 07:52 PM

I'm very interested in getting some ideas for setting up an iMac G5 in my kitchen. I'd love to see your pictures, but mac.com is just throwing up an error saying that the account is invalid. Could you repost the pictures?

Also, how well do you like the Formac TVR? In my situation, the iMac will be replacing a television, and I need a TV solution that will be super easy to use (read: no direct need to interact with the computer aside from a button push on a remote).

Cheers,
-Jack

Originally Posted by HouseDigital
I have installed my 17" 1.25ghz bluetooth into our new kitchen. I have a built in cabinet underneath that houses my Tivoli Audio subwoofer, as well as a Formac TVR tuner for cable on my mac. I also have a BT keyboard and mouse to hide in the drawer. Tivoli Audio Model Two speakers are built into the kitchen counters. This iMac also feeds the rest of my house for "all house" music. I use my Nokia 3650 with "new for Symbian" salling clicker to control it. Yes I am an apple geek, and yes I love it.

Check it out.

http://homepage.mac.com/bluenote007/PhotoAlbum22.html

demibob
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 1, 2006, 08:10 PM

id like to show my imac set up with wireless keyboard and mouse and eyetv but i cant work out how to add a picture

thiagofll
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 1, 2006, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by demibob
id like to show my imac set up with wireless keyboard and mouse and eyetv but i cant work out how to add a picture

Hey...I was lost in the begining just as you are. Here's what you do. You have to upload your picture(s) in a website (could be personal website or even amazon.com as a member picture) after uploading the picture, grab the picture with the left button of the mouse into the safari icon on the dock, a window should open with your picture. Copy and Paste the web address of that window. Now whenever you reply to a thread click on the "mountain icon with the yellow background" and paste the web address in "Please enter a URL of your image", press okay and Submit Reply...it's pretty easy after you get a hang of it...
If you need any help, let me know...

HazMacFan
Jan 1, 2006, 11:00 PM

( Last edited by HazMacFan; Jan 1, 2006 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Goofed on the link)

Forum Links
Forum Rules