Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Backpack with Ipod Integration

Backpack with Ipod Integration
PatsPalace24
Jun 18, 2004, 09:08 AM

Anyone know of a "sleek lookin" backpack for my 15" Powerbook that specifically is built for an Ipod too? I can't remember where I saw one, but it had a specific holder, places where you thread the headphone cord through, and an opening at the top so you can listen to it while you walk. I don't know, I just think I would use this so much when takin my Powerbook with me!

southtdi
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 18, 2004, 11:44 AM

Burton makes one that i think also has the controls for it in one of the straps like their jacket does. Might want to to a search on them.

Randman
Posting Junkie
Jun 18, 2004, 12:45 PM

You might want to check something like a wallet shop or outdoors shop. I don't know if they have anything iPod specific, but I've gotten a case for my cell phone for my back pack for when I'm headed to the gym and don't want to wear my belt case, or when I'm on a long flight and want to store the phone.
You might be able to get something that you can store the iPod in on the strap, so you still have access to it. They're pretty secure with velcro these days.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

PatsPalace24  (op)
Jun 18, 2004, 04:57 PM

But would the Burton one hold the Powerbook? I really want a Powerbook w/ Ipod integration rather than Ipod backpack than can hold a Powerbook. Thanks

southtdi
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 18, 2004, 05:53 PM

I know the Brenthaven backpack for the PowerBook (could be executive backpack) has a specific external pocket to hold the iPod and headphones. Tha may also be worth checking out. I have the over-the-shoulder case made for the Tibook and absolutly love it. After a year it still looks brand new.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL....10.3.4.1.13.0

jaxxe
Jun 18, 2004, 11:17 PM

Originally posted by PatsPalace24:
Anyone know of a "sleek lookin" backpack for my 15" Powerbook that specifically is built for an Ipod too?
Booq!! Mine just arrived this morning for my 15" - Schweet!!! :-)
24" iMac (Intel) / G4 15" PB; 1.5Ghz / G4 12" PB; 867Mhz
AGP Graphics G4 Desktop; 350Mhz
5G - 30 Gigabyte iPod / 4G - 40 Gigabyte iPod / 1G - 5 Gigabyte iPod
Airport Extreme / Airport Express /
iSight

Ω
Mac Elite
Jun 19, 2004, 08:10 AM

I have the Booq system. Have they modified the hole so you can fit the end through it???

By end I mean so the contoller can be OUTSIDE the bag and not internal as it stands at the moment?

(Not that I use this feature at all!!)

Great bag though

PatsPalace24  (op)
Jun 19, 2004, 11:19 AM

Wow, the Booq will definately be my choice. May I ask, I have a 15" Powerbook, what type of Booq did you all get?

Ω
Mac Elite
Jun 19, 2004, 09:12 PM

I went with the BP3 system. You have main bag for travelling and carrying lots of stuff, and then the sleeve which you can use for tooling around work.

PatsPalace24  (op)
Jun 19, 2004, 09:47 PM

And does the BP3 System have a specific Ipod pocket and stuff for cord? Just basically Ipod integration? But I love that it comes w/ a sleeve, thats awesome!

Ω
Mac Elite
Jun 19, 2004, 10:49 PM

Located at the top is a pocket which has an two zips. The cord I guess sits between these zips. This pocket is then sheltered by a flap that has a hole (with a headphone icon).

This design may have changed - I have had two bags and they were different (the second one being better than the first).

Personally I never use the feature as I find I get tangled up and end up strangling myself with headphone cables!

RGB
Mac Elite
Jun 19, 2004, 11:45 PM

I use a Mobility Backpack by Brenthaven. Padded pocket for my 15" Ti, padded iPod pocket in the front for my 15gig. Is a hole for the headphone cord to come out through.

HasanDaddy
Forum Regular
Jun 20, 2004, 04:22 AM

Go to the Apple Store and check out the Burton

the Burton pack seems real slick and it has plenty of room for a laptop

although - I would recommend getting a good sleeve, if you're gonna put a laptop within it
"Government is not the solution, its the problem" --- Ronald Reagan

Forum Links
Forum Rules