Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > PM 6500 "invalid sibling link" EVIL!

PM 6500 "invalid sibling link" EVIL!
andi*pandi
Aug 19, 2000, 11:33 PM

My sister is reporting her PM 6500 will not boot up, and Disk First Aid reports an invalid sibling link it can't repair. I've been trying to find some information on this, but it's been inconsistent.

Apple TIL: no info specific. A search mentions PowerComputing Clones with FireBall drives having this error. Does the PM6500 have the same HD?
http://til.info.apple.com/techinfo.nsf/artnum/n36185

MacFixit: also not conclusive, although I did find several helpme! posts re the 6500, so my sister is not unique. However these posts weren't replied to consistently. Most of the info recommended using DiskWarrior or Norton, which I'd already told her to call up and buy ASAP. Some of the info implied that Norton/etc would only work for a few days, and that a reformat was the only thing that would work. Other info said that a new drive was the way to go.

??? confused...

So I'm here now. A search came up dry, but I hope someone can help, or relay their experiences with this. My sister is happy with her computer, but would probably prefer not to buy a new HD.

Thanks...

wlonh
Professional Poster
Aug 19, 2000, 11:44 PM

www.alsoft.com

DiskWarrior, sez me... likely it will do the good deed

andi*pandi  (op)
Aug 20, 2000, 10:24 AM

Thanks wlonh.

Has anyone else had this error and can they confirm that Disk Warrior or Norton will work?

Forum Links
Forum Rules