Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > 2 busted ipods.. what to do?

2 busted ipods.. what to do?
bishopazrael
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 19, 2008, 12:58 AM

Hey guys I was digging through my desk drawer tonight and struck gold. I found 2 40gb ipods. I think they're the 3rd or 4th gen... with the row if control buttons above the wheel that light up red...

anyways neither of them works and I was wondering what I can do with them? Can I sell them? Could I offer them to someone that repairs ipods and have him fix one for me and he can keep the other? I have no technical knowledge about the ipods so I figured I'd ask.

Thanks,
Bishop
Backups are like guns and condoms. It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

romeosc
Mac Elite
Apr 20, 2008, 02:10 PM

If you take it apart and unplug battery, and then reinstall battery, plug in and see if it accepts charge. Try Apples recommended restart.... if all else fails see if anyone in your area works on ipods ... it can't hurt to ask.

Just don't spend a lot of money on them!

Forum Links
Forum Rules