Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > A request to anyone getting the Pismo upgrade

A request to anyone getting the Pismo upgrade
drewman
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 11, 2002, 12:42 PM

This idea came from seanyepez:

If anyone is getting the upgrade that already owns a G3/500 card, I would be interested in figuring out a way for you to send in my G3/400 card in its place and I get your G3/500 card. You would get back a G4/500 card either way.

I would be willing to pay for shipping and possibly a small fee for this exchange.

Perhaps a small exchange network could be setup for those who want to do this.

Thanks!

Andrew
drewman (at) mac.com

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 11, 2002, 05:59 PM

Moderator and I went through a frustrating exchange of packages because of a ROM incompatability with older CPU boards. I sent him a CPU card from my primary Pismo bought in early 2000, and his newer, second-generation motherboard seemed not to like the older ROM version. Second-generation PowerBook G3 "FireWire" notebooks came with 10- and 20-gigabyte hard drives, whereas the original Pismo shipped with 6- and 12-gigabyte hard drives.

I wouldn't recommend it. There's too much involved in upgrading your machine to make 100 megahertz worth it. I'm sure Stephen would agree.

drewman  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 15, 2002, 02:15 AM

Thanks for the update. I guess if the two people were in the same city, but otherwise a pain.

Andrew

Mac Elite
Jul 15, 2002, 10:02 AM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by drewman:
<strong>Thanks for the update. I guess if the two people were in the same city, but otherwise a pain.

Andrew</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">...if you guys could meet and swap cards right there it would be great but if you're relying on Fed Ex, I agree, it can get frustrating
"Well done is better than well said." -BF
Kitchenall

Forum Links
Forum Rules