Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Most Hilarious Christian Art!!!!

Most Hilarious Christian Art!!!!
johnnyJihad
Baninated
Sep 18, 2005, 01:45 PM

http://www.kkmime.com/

OH MY

EFFING

GOD.

Kevin
Baninated
Sep 18, 2005, 02:03 PM

Does it give you epileptic seizures?

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 18, 2005, 02:44 PM

Mimes? Pretty bad. Evangelists? Downright awful. Evangelist mimes? Come sweet death.

benign
Mac Elite
Sep 18, 2005, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin
Does it give you epileptic seizures?

VISIONS OR SEIZURES?
http://www.whiteestate.org/issues/visions.html

Simple Empire...

Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 18, 2005, 02:55 PM

Dear Jesus that is a joke right?

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Kevin
Baninated
Sep 18, 2005, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by benign

goMac
Posting Junkie
Sep 18, 2005, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Severed Hand of Skywalker
Dear Jesus that is a joke right?
Dear SWG,

I don't think it is.

Love,
Jesus

8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

johnnyJihad  (op)
Baninated
Sep 18, 2005, 03:02 PM

Ahhaha

Benign Is Back In Tha "hizhouse"

wataru
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 18, 2005, 03:22 PM

I love the voiceover in that Flash intro. If it wasn't about Jesus I'd be headbanging and yelling "this ROCKS!"

ghporter
Administrator
Sep 18, 2005, 05:08 PM

Mommy help me! The men with white makeup are scaring me!

Christian MIMES?!?! It's the appocolypse! Or calypso, or something like that.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

EFFENDI
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 18, 2005, 06:56 PM

They way I look at it, is that this is an awful lot better than having some Southern Baptist sweating all over the pulpit preaching your ears off.

Its about time Christians started expressing themselves through non-traditional art forms. However much a caricature these cats may be, you can't deny their talent. They aren't evangelists in the traditional sense. They were recently on Showtime at The Apollo and they tore it up. I give them props for doing something different. If anyone has not seen them I highly reccomend you check them out.

OreoCookie
Sep 18, 2005, 07:08 PM

Are those Christian rap mimes? WTF??
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Rev-O
Mac Elite
Sep 18, 2005, 09:22 PM

And here I had always assumed that mimes were tools of Satan put upon this Earth to lead people into damnation by fostering violent impulses. Little did I know that mimes are, in fact, tools of Jesus put upon this Earth to test people by fostering violent impulses.

Well, guess I lose either way. Mimes must die.
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

indigoimac
Senior User
Sep 18, 2005, 09:31 PM

They only need another K

KK&K m-i-m-e

shh! we're black
15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHz i7 4GB RAM 6490M 120GB OWC 6G SSD 500GB HD
15" MacBook Pro 2.4GHz C2D 2GB RAM 8600M GT 200GB HD
17" C2D iMac 2.0GHz 2GB RAM x1600 500GB HD

indigoimac
Senior User
Sep 19, 2005, 04:18 PM

It gets better they're from Pittsburgh 1 area code from me 724 not 412
15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHz i7 4GB RAM 6490M 120GB OWC 6G SSD 500GB HD
15" MacBook Pro 2.4GHz C2D 2GB RAM 8600M GT 200GB HD
17" C2D iMac 2.0GHz 2GB RAM x1600 500GB HD

waxcrash
Mac Elite
Sep 19, 2005, 04:50 PM

Atomic Rooster
Sep 19, 2005, 05:06 PM

All mimes should be shot. Seriously. And before they are shot they should have the top of their skulls removed and then their balls hacked off with a dull knife.

Addicted to MacNN
Sep 19, 2005, 05:42 PM

If mimes weren't already everyone favourite thing.

I bet SuperChick would be all over this though as he is always trying to push this alternative Christian crapola on us.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Tyre MacAdmin
Mac Elite
Sep 19, 2005, 06:28 PM

I'm offically sketched out. Nice webdesign though. To bad it's for mimes. Which by the way has nothing to do with the word of God no matter how many invisble walls they run in to... at full speed.

Rev-O
Mac Elite
Sep 19, 2005, 06:48 PM

If you've seen one you've seen one mine crucifixion, you've seen 'em all...
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

johnnyJihad  (op)
Baninated
Sep 19, 2005, 07:27 PM

the effing video is HILARIOUS.

yeah, a nice effort...
but artistically.... YUCK...

rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 19, 2005, 09:30 PM

iDu
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 19, 2005, 10:24 PM

Am I the only person on with a Mac that can't ever get Windows Media streaming files to .... buffering 25% ....

AHHHHH!!!!!!! I HATE WINDOWS MEDIA!!!!

Whew, sorry bout that, I just don't understand why it NEVER WORKS.

zoroaster68
Baninated
Sep 19, 2005, 10:26 PM

Kill it with fire.

Kinda like how god did to a lot of people.

Kevin
Baninated
Sep 19, 2005, 10:29 PM

I bet SuperChick would be all over this though as he is always trying to push this alternative Christian crapola on us.
He doesn't try to PUSH anything. No more than anyone else anyhow. Including you.

ambush
Banned
Sep 19, 2005, 11:36 PM

to those having problems with WiMP: use download linked file in Safari!
it worx!

xargos
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 19, 2005, 11:48 PM

Wow... if anyone every wanted to try to drive people AWAY from Christianity, I don't think they could do better. Mimes?

Dear God, please protect me from your followers!

ambush
Banned
Sep 19, 2005, 11:54 PM

apart from being the scariest persons I've seen in my life (I, Robot similarities, anyone??)

they look like dedicated christians.

Salty
Professional Poster
Sep 20, 2005, 12:01 AM

"Prophetess Lynn G. Dillingham affectionately known as “Lady D”, is an anointed, God appointed preacher, teacher, and psalmist, carrying this great and glorious gospel through the spoken word and through prophetic song across the globe. “Lady D” is a devoted wife, mother and grandmother. She is an ordained elder in the Unity Holy Church of America and co-founder with her husband of the Ark Ministry United Holy Church of America Wilkinsburg, Pennsylvania."

Another person their management represents. I figured they were more on the fringe of Protestantism. That said, the founders of Christian mime? I doubt it, Christianity has been in the arts for a long time, and I find a lot of doubt that mime was first used by these guys to communicate the gospel. My school had a mime troupe called Speachless, wouldn't be surprised if even they'd been around for longer.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Sep 20, 2005, 12:18 AM

Would somebody please think of the children?!!
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

PookJP
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2005, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by iDu
Am I the only person on with a Mac that can't ever get Windows Media streaming files to .... buffering 25% ....

AHHHHH!!!!!!! I HATE WINDOWS MEDIA!!!!

Whew, sorry bout that, I just don't understand why it NEVER WORKS.

Yes!

So Fire is the way to go?

And by the way, this definitely makes me think more highly of evangelical Christians. I mean, before I thought they were just a bunch of deluded, baseless fools who fill the gaping holes in their lives meaning with prepackaged nonsense. But now I realize they can mime like mad!

Sign me up and cancel my cable TV (except for TBN)! I'm sold!
It's the devil's way now.

Addicted to MacNN
Sep 20, 2005, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by PookJP
And by the way, this definitely makes me think more highly of evangelical Christians. I mean, before I thought they were just a bunch of deluded, baseless fools who fill the gaping holes in their lives meaning with prepackaged nonsense. But now I realize they can mime like mad!
right on

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Salty
Professional Poster
Sep 20, 2005, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by PookJP
Too bad you can't mime like us, least we've got something going for us... all you seem to be capable of is baseless hatred...

budster101
Baninated
Location: Illinois might be cold and flat, but at least it's ugly.
Sep 20, 2005, 01:20 AM

Can there be a moratorium on anti-religion threads like there is one on 'no threads about other members'?

Or just put a sticky up and title it 'bash religion all you want here' and get it over with... so the retards who have to get their rocks off by showing off their stupidity and ignorance could have one place to go and verbally masturbate with one another.

Addicted to MacNN
Sep 20, 2005, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Salty
Too bad you can't mime like us, least we've got something going for us... all you seem to be capable of is baseless hatred...
Ya if he could say the hatred is because god told him so I guess it would be ok.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Salty
Professional Poster
Sep 20, 2005, 01:25 AM

Ya if he could say the hatred is because god told him so I guess it would be ok.
Or at least he could give his reasons, like you hate Christians because you're insanely proud to be gay and hate anyone who doesn't tell you that they think that's great. At least we know the reasons for your personality flaws.

zoroaster68
Baninated
Sep 20, 2005, 01:31 AM

Nah, he probably hates Christians because they're people that turn off their faculty of REASON in order to have faith (belief in something that doesn't make sense to you) in a obviously flawed, obviously man made, and obvisously freakin' stupid belief system that deals with God 2.0 (the happy nice one!) who supposedly was the same as God 1.0 in the old testament (the one that kicked your ****ing ass, raped your children and killed your family if you looked at him funny) and has told people to commit genocide in his name even though he says that you shouldn't kill people, etc etc etc etc.

But other than that I'm sure he might have a few other little reasons.

Addicted to MacNN
Sep 20, 2005, 01:32 AM

Or at least he could give his reasons, like you hate Christians because you're insanely proud to be gay and hate anyone who doesn't tell you that they think that's great. At least we know the reasons for your personality flaws.

you are wrong again. I don't care if you think that gays are the worst things on earth. The problem is when you start trying to suppress our rights with your beliefs. No gay person is telling Christians they don't have the rights to do the same things as other people.

Get it right.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Ozmodiar
Mac Elite
Sep 20, 2005, 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by Tyler McAdams
Nice webdesign though.
Are you kidding me?

Salty
Professional Poster
Sep 20, 2005, 01:38 AM

you are wrong again. I don't care if you think that gays are the worst things on earth. The problem is when you start trying to suppress our rights with your beliefs. No gay person is telling Christians they don't have the rights to do the same things as other people.

Get it right.
What if I don't think gays are the worst things on earth? If I thought gays were the worst thing on earth I probably wouldn't be friends with any. And quite frankly not all Christians are trying to infringe on your rights. Quite frankly you'll never hear me protesting against gay marriage or anything like that. And I make it clear to all my youth group kids that I don't even approve if they for example go "that's so gay" when they really mean they don't like something.
Why not instead of hating all Christians, you simply hate those who hate you? I mean sure hate in no situations is good, but at least you shouldn't hate people who don't even deserve any of your contempt, and who probably would not have a problem being around you... aside from the fact that you're generally really bitchy it seems.

Salty
Professional Poster
Sep 20, 2005, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by zoroaster68
Nah, he probably hates Christians because they're people that turn off their faculty of REASON in order to have faith (belief in something that doesn't make sense to you) in a obviously flawed, obviously man made, and obvisously freakin' stupid belief system that deals with God 2.0 (the happy nice one!) who supposedly was the same as God 1.0 in the old testament (the one that kicked your ****ing ass, raped your children and killed your family if you looked at him funny) and has told people to commit genocide in his name even though he says that you shouldn't kill people, etc etc etc etc.

So... if this is your brain, and this is your brain on drugs... what on earth do you have to do to get to the point you are?

goMac
Posting Junkie
Sep 20, 2005, 01:41 AM

This thread needs a referee.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Addicted to MacNN
Sep 20, 2005, 01:46 AM

And quite frankly not all Christians are trying to infringe on your rights. Quite frankly you'll never hear me protesting against gay marriage or anything like that. Why not instead of hating all Christians, you simply hate those who hate you?
Great advice. To bad I have once again already addressed this YEARS ago by telling you I about my Christian neighbours that I even help at their church fundraisers.

The only Christians I don't like are the bigots I see here. Quite frankly I don't know ANY in person, just the nutjobs I hear in the news spreading hate.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Salty
Professional Poster
Sep 20, 2005, 01:50 AM

Great advice. To bad I have once again already addressed this YEARS ago by telling you I about my Christian neighbours that I even help at their church fundraisers.

The only Christians I don't like are the bigots I see here. Quite frankly I don't know ANY in person, just the nutjobs I hear in the news spreading hate.
Hmmm don't remember that, but if you don't know any nut jobs, why do you feel a need to mock the religion of the people who you say you care about? Are they the type of people who wouldn't be offended by the sorts of things I've seen you post?

budster101
Baninated
Sep 20, 2005, 01:53 AM

I've followed this thread and it just ocurred to me. I'm tired.

Artful Dodger
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2005, 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by zoroaster68

Salty
Professional Poster
Sep 20, 2005, 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by Artful Dodger
I don't really know you... but... anyone who tells Ca$h to shut up is OK in my books.

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Sep 20, 2005, 04:55 AM

A mime is a terrible thing to waste.

EFFENDI
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2005, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by budster101
I've followed this thread and it just ocurred to me. I'm tired.
Me too.

I personally really enjoy this forum, for the simple reason that I have learned more about the Mac and the Apple Computer Corporation than any other resource.

I will put it out there that I am a Christian, and if anyone wants to discuss it, feel free to private message me. You won't find me posting "religious crap" here, you won't see me trying to convert the masses, thats not why I joined this forum. I may comment on some of these threads, but only to share my opinion, which I don't think is unreasonable as long as I am not promoting the further division of our members here.. Now I suppose that commenting alone makes me just as guilty as anyone else here. Some might go so far as calling me a hypocrite with what I am about to say, but I am going to put it out there anyway.

There seems to be an awful lot of speculation, disagreement, and misrepresentation of religion occuring here (Christianity specifically) and I am just tired of it. Instead of trying to hash it all out (which would be completely fruitless and unwise) how about we just keep "religion" out of this forum since all it seems to be doing is causing confusion, frustration, hatred, division, etc. etc.

What is my solution? I am pledging to keep "religion" out of this forum. I am not turning my back on my faith, I simply believe that there is a time and a place to discuss these matters, and a Macintosh forum really is not a prime choice for either of those. So for this, I would like to pubilcally apologize. (For my participation in some of this, and I will be making an active effort to not do so in the future.)

I really like a lot of the members here, and I appreciate the diversity of the community here. In some degree I feel like these "religion" threads just divide us as a group, and I really think we can all exercise some wisdom in this area. I really just want to get the best of this resource, and take advantage of the knowledge here, instead of dealing with these trivial things.

Just throwing it out there.
( Last edited by EFFENDI; Sep 20, 2005 at 06:21 AM. )

budster101
Baninated
Sep 20, 2005, 08:11 AM

Wow. I elicited that amazing post? Cool.

Well said by the way.

Forum Links
Forum Rules