Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Solution: Problems With Distorted Audio in Leopard?

Solution: Problems With Distorted Audio in Leopard?
Big Mac
Clinically Insane
May 27, 2008, 01:05 AM

If you're having problems with distorted audio in web browsers in Leopard, the problem most likely is due to a bug in Apple's Java 5.0 implementation. The solution is to downgrade to Java 1.4.2 by selecting 1.4.2 in the Java Preferences utility, which is located in /Applications/Utilities/Java. Remember that this utility works on a per user basis, so all users affected need to have their preference changed individually.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

turtle777
Clinically Insane
May 27, 2008, 02:15 AM

I never noticed the distortion, but now that you said it, I will pay attention to it.

I didn't know you could switch to the older Java version. Good to know.

-t

Forum Links
Forum Rules