Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iphoto

iphoto
daxdagr8t
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 6, 2004, 10:06 PM

this is my first mac and the first time using iphoto.my problem is that everytime i import pictures it goes directly to the photo library instead of going to the specified folders, i try to move the photos ut i cant figure how, ur help is pretty much appreciated.

cpac
Professional Poster
Jul 6, 2004, 10:14 PM

um - the photos are going to be imported into iPhoto (and the iPhoto library) if you if import them using iPhoto.

If you don't want to use iPhoto, you can use Image Capture (in the Applications folder) to just import the photos to the finder and put them where ever you want (without touching the iPhoto library at all)
cpac

SuperHard
Forum Regular
Jul 7, 2004, 06:13 PM

A useful and not immediately obvious feature in iPhoto Prefs is you can choose to edit your pictures in whatever software you like. Select the box "double clicking picture opens" ....<select app>

Maybe this will help. Also, as the previous poster mentioned, image capture is great.

:haripu:
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 8, 2004, 08:34 AM

Originally posted by daxdagr8t:
this is my first mac and the first time using iphoto.my problem is that everytime i import pictures it goes directly to the photo library instead of going to the specified folders, i try to move the photos ut i cant figure how, ur help is pretty much appreciated.
The question is: what do you want to do with the photos in specific folders?

If it is just because you are more comfortable when you know exactly where they are, and want to sort them into your own folder structure, there is one thing you should understand about iPhoto: iPhoto's library structure is intended the way it is, as with this programm you should never ever have to look at your photos through the Finder again. iPhoto does all a folder structure in the Finder can do for you AND A LOT MORE.

If you want to manipulate the images with a third party app, you can do that too, if you set the preference in iPhoto.

If you just want to copy the photos from the camera without any need to organize them, iPhoto is the wrong app. ImageCapture - like the previous posters already said - will be enough, or (come to that) the Finder.

Forum Links
Forum Rules